Escape Artist

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki
calder
Hold back the river, so I
Can stop for a minute and be by your side
“I wish I could make ye that promise, lass. But I canna do it. None of us can.” He truly wished that he could – wished that he could chase the demons from her eyes.  But he knew better.  Reality had a tight grip on the dappled stallion.  His natural propensity to be protective had kicked into overdrive at the sight of the frightened little lass, so he continued.

“However ye need not be scairt while I’m with ye – while any of us are with ye.” He added the group designation quickly, not meaning to be rude.  His eyes flicked to both the bay stallion and the mare of black and violet whom hailed from the homeland that he had chosen not so long ago.  He was thankful to have run across such good company.  He had heard that not all crossing the Threshold were so lucky and he’d certainly not mind the opportunity to speak to either of them outside the context of the threshold since right now the cream colored lass seemed to demand all of his attention. 

Calder was still getting accustomed to the idea of magic himself.  His ancestors in his homeland had supposedly possessed some magical ability, but it had been lost over time.  The magic had been gone from his herd for centuries by the time the mountain tore itself apart.  Perhaps if his herd were still endowed with such abilities the fate of their home would have been different.  Not that it was anything worth dwelling over.  Still, watching the ease of which equines embraced and used magic here was still foreign.  It was probably obvious to the others as well as he watched Caenan pull apples from the newly-grown tree.  However, Calder couldn’t bring his feet to move towards the apples despite how tempting they were, hanging there like beacons of pure sin. His hesitation still won out in the end. Abashed by what could possibly be perceived as disrespect, Calder decided to politely decline, “Appreciate the offer Caenan, thank ye.”  

He waited for the others to finish speaking before adding his own piece, again doing his best not to overwhelm the lass and not simply repeat all the truths that had already been said.  He turned his bright blue eyes to the frightened mare and offered her what he hoped was a reassuring smile.

“While it is true that there are dangers here like in any place, you will not be facin’ them alone if that’s what ye choose. However ye are free to do that now – ye control your own fate here in Helovia, lass. You’re free to do as you please. I am nae from Helovia originally. It’s a confusin’ place sometimes,” It took everything the big grey unicorn had not to let his eyes wander over to the apple tree as he spoke, “But as these fine folk have told ye there’s good here too. Lots of it.” He finished, wondering if she'd feel a little more comfortable  - perhaps even comfortable enough to give her name.

Freedom had been a difficult concept for Calder to tackle upon arriving here. He had lived in a sheltered, structured herd his entire life.  Now the possibilities were endless. 

image credits

@Elspeth
Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful

Messages In This Thread
Escape Artist - by Elspeth - 01-07-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Caenan - 01-07-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Zandora - 01-07-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Calder - 01-08-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: Escape Artist - by Elspeth - 01-08-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Caenan - 01-08-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Zandora - 01-10-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Calder - 01-13-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: Escape Artist - by Elspeth - 01-13-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Caenan - 01-17-2016, 05:08 PM