the Rift

Escape Artist

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan wrinkled his nose at their reactions. Perhaps he had only looked forward to someone to share the excitement of having magic with. His ego had desired some stroking; especially by the pretty newcomer. “But as these fine folk have told ye there’s good here too. Lots of it.” Caenan turned his eyes from Calder to his apple and sighed before taking a bite. Yes. There was plenty of good in Helovia but where was the fun? The stallion had a sour taste in his mouth and he was not sure that it came from the apple. It was more likely the flavor of a deflated ego.

“My name is Elspeth.” Looking back up Caenan turned his eyes to the mare who had only just given her name. He cocked his head and watched her closely; eyes narrowed by the weight of his thoughts. The pirate wondered what she had gotten herself into. To be so fearful of everything and to be so slow to give her name; was she a sought after criminal that had fled into the Threshold, only giving her name once she knew they did not know her? Caenan was a pirate himself, so he casted no judgement upon her, he was only curious.

“I am seeking sanctuary. What… what are your homes like?” "The World's Edge," Caenan hated recruiting. It was monotonous. The same questions. The same answers.
'Where am I?'
Hell; you are in Hell. Void of any fun.
'What is your herd like?'
Trees dance and the butterflies sing in choirs with the birds. Follow me back and I will show you.

Caenan laughed dryly at his own sarcastic thoughts, "The Edge is no place to go if you seek no more than sanctuary." Caenan paused to take another bite out of his apple. "It is a place where thick mists whisper in your ears; at night whenever you should be restin' and come mornin' it returns to tickle the hair in your ears some more." Caenan smirked at the group that had gathered, not in an ill natured manner it was more like a statement announcing his overconfidence. "An' you know what those mists are whisperin' 'bout?" The stallion let his question hang for a few breathes before answering it himself, "Adventure!" Caenan's emerald eyes danced, "The 'World's Edge' is a suitable name to the herd-land. Sometimes it feels as thought the steep cliffs really are the end of everything."

Caenan's tone changed completely. It became earnest and softened his features. "But it only seems that way. The Edge isn't the end of all. Instead it is the beginning. An' that is somethin' that I know well." The stallion looked to the newcomer and bowed his head. He looked up at her through his thick eyelashes grinning all the while. "I am sorry for scaring you. It wasn't my intention. You did not strike me as a flighty mare. Only one who is frightened."

His words were an undeclared challenge to the mare, an unspoken dare for her to follow him to the World's Edge. Caenan felt all of the softness in the world for her but he did not thrust that soft feeling forth. Whenever he looked past the fear in her eyes he thought that he saw a glimpse of someone who could be a kindred spirit. Caenan was excited to come across a mare that promised to be different from most even if he wasn't yet sure of what made her different. He took the last bite out of his apple, "If you want a home that will give your life the fresh breath of air straight from the sea; a home where promises of each day being something more than the usual flit casually about, where you are immediately welcomed and given purpose then I welcome you to follow me to the World's Edge." Caenan thought he might bite his tongue off as he held it to keep from adding that he thought Elspeth would look beautiful standing on one of the Edge's cliffs where she would become a silhouette against the sea and sky.

@Elspeth @Zandora @Calder

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Escape Artist - by Elspeth - 01-07-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Caenan - 01-07-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Zandora - 01-07-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Calder - 01-08-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: Escape Artist - by Elspeth - 01-08-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Caenan - 01-08-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Zandora - 01-10-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Escape Artist - by Calder - 01-13-2016, 12:20 AM