the Rift

[PRIVATE] Can You See What I've Become? (Miykael/Lead)

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

Would he forgive her? That was the first thing that ran through her mind as the familiar smells of the Falls engulfed her, embracing her form and tickling the hairs along her spine. Flaring her smoky nares the woman looked straight ahead, following the path downwards that she had followed so many times before, unable to suppress the feeling of nostalgia. How long had it been since she had left? She couldn't even remember. Time seemed to stop once she left Helovia, but she needed to do it for herself... for what reason she wasn't sure. Perhaps it was because the thought of loving him was so terrifying that she couldn't believe they were real. Or maybe she doubted he truly loved her back, that what they felt was real and permanent. Maybe that last thought was what sent her running away with her tail between her legs.

Carl snorted, ears flat upon his wooly skull and his teeth gently finding her coat, running them tenderly along her shoulder as he kept pace with her long strides. He had grown much larger now and could keep up now to the behemoth, even though he was nowhere near her height. At his touch the ivory lass sighed, looking at him with a tender expression, grateful for his presence for it had been her only solace in her journey. She had traveled for miles, the scent of the cold leading her further and further from her home and out of the realms of Helovia; somewhere she didn't recognize. All she knew at the time was that it was cold and snowy, and the ice that bit at her had been a comfort. It had been better than the Steppe, than any cold nook within Helovia, and because of that she had been reluctant to leave. But she couldn't leave him. No matter how hard she fought, how stubborn she was with herself, her hooves had led her back to here. Now here she was, scarred body and worn feet halting right at the border, inhaling the humid air and letting her muscles relax.

Her journey had been a hard one, filled with the dangers of wolves and cougars, few of which she had to fight off, and of course the cold had left her ankles frostbitten and sensitive. They were scabbing over now, but they were still tender to the touch, and she knew the feeling in them would never fully return. That was perhaps the only thing she disliked about the cold. Perhaps. Moving her form to the side she scanned the trees for any sign of life, for someone who would grant her access once again into this land, the one she had been invited into when she first arrived her. The thought of the man who brought her here caused bile to rise in her throat and sorrow to engulf her. She would be lying if she hadn't missed Midas, the kindhearted brute who had been the first to chip at her frozen heart. Miykael had been the one to completely thaw it, but the former man's actions had still left an impact on her. She couldn't take the silence anymore, couldn't take the impatience welling within her, and so she whinnied, it shrill and abrupt in hopes it would carry far. Soon the silence fell over her and she took in a breath, sighing and letting one word escape her lips," Miykael..."

Talking

OOC: Whichever lead wants to come in just to let her come back in would be stellar, otherwise this is meant mostly for Miykael. Thanks!!

Image Credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

How could he not forgive her? Although he'd lost track of her after they left the comfort and solitude of the cave in the north, so much had happened since then that he could hardly remember how long she'd been gone. It was during the rare quiet moments that he missed her most, that he sent Eliana out to search for her while he maintained his ever vigilant patrols. Every day she came back and every day it felt as though he were no closer to understanding what had happened. Did she leave voluntarily? If so, why did she go? Why didn't she say anything at all to him before she left? But most importantly, was she okay? Miykael couldn't quite stop his mind from drifting to dark places, especially as each of the seasons passed without a single trace of the pretty grey mare.

With Orangemoon already half over, it hit the stallion like a ton of bricks that she'd been gone for almost a year. He hadn't yet given up hope but that particular realization was a difficult one to swallow. Maybe she would return with the first snow? But, in all honesty, it felt like a vain hope - like his heart couldn't let the mare go even when his head knew that her return would be unlikely. Still, he persists. And Eliana resists more and more each day - fighting against his wishes, breaking down his walls until she could feel how quickly he was drowning. Only then did she venture out and look as he asked her to do but she was always reluctant. The zephyr feared that December would destroy him more than Alysanne ever had - that, despite everything that Alysanne had done and all the lies she'd told him, the black and white mare might not be so bad after all. Miykael, however, disagreed. December had never lied to him, she just... disappeared. So as another day dawns, the newest Earth Medic awakes to persist yet again. Once he convinced Eliana to take the day off and relax, he set off on his own.

Miykael checks the Falls first, sticking close to home in hopes that he'd find her simply hiding out somewhere in some unexplored corner that he'd never been to before. It seemed childish to grip so tightly to the idea that he'd find her again but then, he wouldn't be Miykael - would he? Exhaling a gentle sigh, the stallion tucks his massive white wings against his sides and moves into an easy lope. He heads quickly to the outer edges of the territory with the intent of checking the furthest reaches first before moving inwards. As soon as the Falls were checked, he intended to make his way north; checking the places most noted for their cooler weather, something he remembered her enjoying. Today, unbeknownst to him, he wouldn't have to leave the Falls to find her. Today, unbeknownst to him, he would find her.

He follows the path along the outside edge, heading towards the main entrance that everyone used. Before he could arrive, however, a shrill and rather abrupt whinny breaks the silence throughout the Orangemoon forest. It was an unexpected call, a call that normally wouldn't have caught his attention quite so thoroughly except... it was familiar. It was like a faded dream, distant but pleasant, and though his heart throbbed with hope and recognition, his mind is resistant. It is his mind that keeps his pace steady, fighting against his heart's desire to charge unabashedly towards the caller. Miykael lopes easily through the trees towards the main entrance and within moments, his blue eyes fall on two familiar figures: a grey mare with a llama at her side. Somehow, his pace remains steady - neither increasing nor decreasing. The stallion slows and pauses once he's within several feet of the mare and, despite the pounding of his heart within his chest, he remains outwardly calm.

Yet there are no words. He can't bring himself to speak, so cautiously the stallion steps closer until his muzzle is mere inches from the flesh of her cheek. Once more he pauses, his nostrils practically quivering as he breathes her in but he hesitates to touch - fearing that, somehow, his touch would make her disappear. So instead, he lives within the bliss of the unknown. "December..." he murmurs huskily against her cheek, his voice more thickly laden with desire than he could have anticipated. He'd missed her, the heat thundering through his veins was proof enough but even still he couldn't bring himself to touch her. His mind held him back from that, fearing that she'd disappear as soon as he touched her, just like she had in his dreams.

'Please stay, my love... please don't leave me... I need you.'

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@December
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

He had arrived faster than she had expected, as if he had already been heading this way with his own intent. Had he been looking for her all of this time? The suddenly warm yet irrational thought caused her heart to flutter, but she remained stoic as he closed the gap between them, only teasing her with his hot breath upon her cheek. She snorted, tossing her tangled mane and looking into those blue eyes boldly, having seen them only in her dreams when she thought of him. Sighing in relief she took the next step forward, running her maw along his jawline, before bringing her chest to his and simply leaving herself there. His scent overwhelmed her, so much she thought she might suffocate, yet in this moment that would be a wish come true. To not have had this warmth for nearly a whole year, to not hear that husky tone tickling her senses, she hadn't realized just how much she had missed it; how much she craved it. He had been at the back of her mind yet in every thought all at once, and it had sent her into a haze that not even the vicious nips and kicks of Carl could return her from. She had lost herself, because she was still right here with him this entire time. Obviously he wasn't mad, she could tell, but he was certainly hesitant to accept her. Perhaps she had done more damage than she would have thought.

Carl simply rolled her eyes at that statement, snorting and kicking the snow lazily, before walking off a few feet to give the two a little more privacy, though his gaze never truly left them. It was a habit he had formed when it had been just the two, something that probably wouldn't vanish for quite some time. Yet with Miykael here, it would most likely be the last time he would have to worry. Her lips found his shoulder and she gave him tender kisses, embracing all of him and just basking in it, for she had been deprived from it for so long she thought she wouldn't be able to live without him again. Which she couldn't. He was her drug and she had no intention of seeking help for it. After what felt like an eternity she reluctantly pulled back, dragging her mouth along the length of his shoulders and neck before pausing at his cheek and blowing a bit of air on it, then finally looking at him with those dark eyes that hadn't seen him for so long.

"I'm sorry," were the first words to escape her, before soon tears were welling up and she wasn't thinking, only moving herself closer to him by pressing her warmth to him and taking everything that was him hungrily. She wouldn't leave him again, not this time, and she would do anything in her power to make sure of it. Lips found flesh once again as she kissed him, smelled him and wiped her tears upon his hide, before looking to him once more and blurting out in her usual blunt tone,
" I needed to think. Away from here. Where I would be unbiased. I didn't think I would be gone this long." She hadn't meant to vanish for an entire year, she wanted to leave for a week at the most, but the swirling snow and black ice had lured her deeper and deeper into the abyss, and it took her all her strength to break from the spell. If she had known what she knew now, she wouldn't have ever even thought of leaving. She would now know just how much she needed him, just as much as he needed her; if not more.

Long eyelashes fluttered over her eyes, before she only stared at his handsome face, his soft lips and his kind, loving eyes. She hadn't realized just how much she had come accustomed to seeing them when they had been together, and so having him here now after so long, was like the ultimate treasure. She moved again, this time to face him and look at him straight on as she always did, for she never had once feared this man. There was nothing to fear, for he would never do anything to her but love her, and if that was a crime, then it was one she would happily accept. Giving a soft smile she nudged him gently, almost playfully, before returning to her serious stature and speaking once more," I'm not leaving anymore. Never again will I leave you behind. I am yours forever, as it should have been from the beginning. We were both fools not to see it that day at the Arch, but now that we know... it will be everlasting."

Image Credits

@Miykael

Outcast

Was he dreaming again? Like he's done so many times over the past year? There was always a trigger in his dreams, a single event that proved it wasn't real but he didn't have the heart to try it now. How could he when he was given the opportunity to be near her again? He'd wondered, at times, if he could just... stay asleep and just live in the blissful ignorance that she just wasn't coming back. Alysanne hates him, Naerys won't see him, and Iona... well, Aly's feisty twin had moved into Helovia and he had little doubt the mare would seek him out at some point. He'd blocked some of Kaj's memories and that was bound to backfire at some point and it is agony sticking around waiting for the bomb to explode. He had nothing left in Helovia. Nothing.

So why was he still here?

December. In his own desperation, he clung to the hope that she would come back. Helovia is the only place she would know to look for him, to leave now would be to accept that they simply weren't meant to be and even after a year he simply couldn't bring himself to react so brashly. So when he saw her, when he drew near enough to breathe upon her cheek - he simply froze. He was too afraid to lose her again - whether or not he was dreaming. He heard her snort, watched as she shook her head and gazed boldly into his eyes before pressing her chest against his. Only then did he move, overwhelmed with by his own desire. His touch is tender, at first, almost hesitant as he lowers his lips to the curve where her neck meets her shoulders. Yet she doesn't poof into nothingness. The grey mare is still there, still pressed against his chest and feathering his shoulder with tender kisses and touches of her own. The realization as well as the gestures elicit a groan from deep within his chest. It stirs up the pent-up desires of his lengthy celibacy, stoking the fire with each and every touch. He nibbles gently upon her shoulder, at first, but they gradually become rougher - making the lust burning in his loins much more clear. For a second, he almost forgets where they are and how easy it would be for someone to stumble upon them. For a second, he almost forgets that she's been gone for nearly a year.

But then she pulls back, her lips gliding over his shoulder and up his neck. His jaw tenses as he stifles yet another groan, his flesh warmed by her touch. With his eyes blazing and heavy-lidded, the stallion clings to the shredded remains of his control - fighting against the desire to join with her here and now. Her breath puffs against his cheek, brief yet warm and tantalizing but then he feels her presence shift far enough back and eyes of blue lock onto the dark, familiar gems of her eyes. December speaks then, her eyes suddenly shimmering from the moisture welling within her lower eyelids. In that instant his mood softens, temporarily quelling the raging lust burning in his core. He remains still as she shifts herself, kisses his flesh and drying her eyes upon his hide. Not because he didn't want her. Not because he didn't want to touch her and fondle her with the same amount of enthusiasm that she seemed to possess. But instead because he didn't want to push her too hard or too fast. It wouldn't take much to bring the lust back to the forefront and he isn't certain he could maintain his control. "There's nothing to apologize for, love." his voice is still husky, despite how desperately he clings to his self-control. "I never wanted to pressure you, to push you." he adds gently, his voice deep and warm - more than it usually was. Whatever this was - it was real.

December has returned.

Sky blue orbs watch her carefully as she moves. His nostrils breathe her in every time she slips closer and he revels in the grey mare's caress. Words are entirely unnecessary as he watches her long lashes flutter over her dark eyes. He didn't speak as her gaze swept over his face, all at once admiring and hungry. He knew as well as she that now was not the appropriate time and though it would perhaps be painful to wait - they needed a chance to talk before allowing their bodies to collide in the throes of passion like they wanted to. Instead, they stand quietly together - always waiting for the next move or the next word.

December flashes him a soft smile and nudges him but it isn't until she speaks again that he thinks anything of it. He had no reason to because she was behaving the way he'd always remembered her behaving. But her words, they pierce into him, flooding him with warmth and refilling his heart. He felt his hope being rekindled and as soon as she falls silent, the stallion moves closer. Reaching forward he attempts to pull her roughly against his chest. From there, he murmurs into the flesh of her shoulders. "Welcome home..." he begins, his deep voice practically a sensual caress all by itself. "I love you, December. I've dreamt of none but you the entire time you were gone." his confession is almost breathy against the flesh of her withers and as soon as he falls silent he begins to nibble gently at the base of her neck. She's been gone for too long for him to hold himself back completely, he could only hope he didn't scare her off again.

Image Credits

@December

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

If his actions weren't obvious enough as to how much he had missed her, how much he wanted her now, then his words were the finally reassurance. As his body found hers once more and he eagerly brought her to his chest she sighed, breathing in what was hers and would forever be hers. His touches were burning with desire, setting aflame her cool pelt and sending shivers down her spine. How she wanted to divulge, to let him have her and to forget all of her worries and regrets in the throes of their love; but her logical side was gaining headway, and she knew more needed to be said. So she let him tease her, let him tantalize her with want as a soft whimper escaped those ashy lips. She would endure it in order to satisfy them both, to quell the beasts within if only for a moment longer. Sucking in an icy breath she let it out upon his broad chest, nibbling it ever so tenderly before leaving tender kisses. Another sigh of contentment, and soon she relaxed, letting the essence of him bring herself comfort.

His words were so soothing, so breathtaking that she almost stopped her own breathing, but she was quick to compose herself and thus simply smiled into his skin, ears flickered towards him as this is all she ever wanted. He was her everything; her hero in disguise, the knight in shining armor, her salvation. She had died and he had revived her with his love and now she wondered what her life had been before him, if nothing at all. How this man had tamed her heart and soul was beyond her, but he had done it with such grace that one would think it had been his all along. Perhaps that's how destiny works. With satin lips trailing his coat once more she finally speaks after the long silence, eyes fluttering in utter bliss at their reunion, " I dreamt only of you. You were in my mind daily. The world outside of here is cold and empty, much like my life was before you." She paused, thinking of something she didn't think would ever cross her mind; not after Isara, the mess of Hector and her and everything in between. But she wanted it; no needed, because it was Miykael and he made everything okay. With a lump in her throat out of nervousness, of what he might say, her body shifted so that she could still look at him with their bodies touching, and in a soft whisper fill of uncertainty she finally spoke," We need a baby."

She was terrified of what his response might be, for all she knew he didn't have any children, she could be the first mother of his; or maybe he did have children and it had ended badly, meaning he would be reluctant to do so again. In truth she knew nothing of this man's past, but she wanted to so desperately. She didn't expect it now in this cheery reunion, for they had the rest of their lives to figure it out. He knew she wasn't perfect, that she was far from it, and yet he had accepted her wholeheartedly with no regrets. He had lived each day in hope that she would one day return and never once faltered in his search. If she were to judge anything of him now, after all the loyalty he has shown to her, then she would be undeserving of his love. So she would take him as he was without question, not knowing anything about who he was before them, because he had done so with her; and that was enough in her mind. She wanted a family with him, for their life to be complete together, and she knew that this right here was the first step.

Image Credits

@Miykael

Outcast

It isn't often that they come together but every time they do everything seems to erupt into explosions - in the best of ways, of course. There's never any doubt of the passion between them. Yet, there is little doubt in his mind that what they share is a world apart from what he'd ever experienced with Alysanne. The black and white mare had always been tender in a friendly, almost familial way - sharing touches and laughter in the same way she did with everyone else. December, however, is softer with him - more pliant beneath his touch in ways that did little to hide how much she wanted him. Perhaps it was simply lust that would fizzle out over time but it all feels different - running deeper than simple lust. She practically melts into him when he pulls her against his flesh. His heated, lusty touches elicit sighs and soft whimpers from the usually stoic mare.

And with each passing moment, she slices through the last few strands of his self-control - one by one.

He stays close to her, caressing her and playing with her mane. His actions are mere distractions for him, to keep him preoccupied enough that he wouldn't push her too far or too fast. He'd made that mistake before and he wasn't willing to do so again. Miykael's full attention is on the grey mare and only the grey mare; listening carefully to the subtle changes in her breathing and the feel of her body against his. He feels her relax against him but all he can manage is a soft smile. This is how it's supposed to be. They don't need words to fill the space or keep the awkwardness at bay - there simply is no awkwardness. There had been at their first meeting, of course, though he hardly remembers that now. So he simply listens to her, feels her and when she speaks he muffles a deep, barely audible groan against the tender flesh of her neck. Her words smooth away the worries he might have felt, further drawing him into her but it isn't until her final four words that he suddenly pauses.

We need a baby.

There was a hint of uncertainty or nervousness to her voice when she spoke, causing him to pull away from her enough to place a small gap between their noses. He gazes at her with a mixture of curiosity and joy; all of it clearly written upon his face and shining in his sky blue eyes. With December, he is the most open he's ever been. And yet, he doesn't speak. He only smiles - warm and happy, with an undertone of lust - and after several heartbeats he shifts and steps towards her. The male first touches his muzzle to her cheek before gliding it down along her neck to her shoulder. There he nibbles her hide and toys with the ends of her mane. But then he steps further forward, nibbling and caressing along her spine - ever teasing and stroking. His progress is slow but steady until he almost reaches her rump - only then does he pause. "Right now?" he asks, his voice deep and filled with lust as his breath warms her flesh. The male waits for her answer before proceeding, though he isn't quite as gentle as he had been their first time so many seasons ago.

-fade to black-

With his lust sated and sweat forming on his hide, he moves himself to stand beside her - lifting his wing to drape over her and press his side against hers. He is quiet, still, and though he does not regret the recent events, he does worry that she wasn't ready. Raising his muzzle to her cheek, he tenderly caresses her.

Image Credits

notes: sorry for the abrupt ending. D: The next one will be better.
@December

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

It had been a long time since Ktulu had allowed herself to shift into the bear form that she loved and adored so much, so as she patroled with her companion she allowed the change to take place. Long, sharp claws dug into the soft earth under her massive paws as she strolled through the land that she called home. The wind ruffled her black and bronze fur as she walked and she took advantage of the moment to breathe in the scents that floated on the breeze. There was a scent  that Ktulu was unfamiliar with and that could only mean one thing to the Champion. There was someone new in the Falls, but whether or not they had been accepted was unknown. It required her to investigate and that was exactly what she intended to do.

She didn't have to go far before she heard the pair of voices, one female and one male, one familiar and one completely unknown. Their murmured professions of love were enough to make her roll her eyes. All that mushy crap was exactly that. Crap

Ktulu stepped from the treeline toward the entrance where she could see Miykael and a mare, the one who didn't belong, caressing one another. It wasn't until the medic began to move down the newcomers body that Ktulu realized what his intentions were and she narrowed her eyes. Surely he wouldn't be stupid enough to do that right at the entrance to the Falls where foals came and went.

Surely he wouldn't.

But he did and it made Ktulu wish that her rank magic would allow her to shake the ground, make the stallion lose his balance, and fall to the ground.

It made her disappointed in him.

Ktulu started toward them again and as she moved her body shifted from that of a bear to her normal black, white, and bronze form. "Do you make it a habit of fucking on our doorstep, Miykael?" The mare asked as he slid from December's back and moved from her side. "Are you so out of control of your lust that you cannot seek out a place more private? One where children returning home won't catch you?" If her own son had caught them (because he was always roaming) and questioned her later about what he'd seen she'd have hunted them down and skinned them both. 

Her eyes slid from Miykael to December, her gaze sharp and direct as she stared down the slightly taller mare. "And you." the dark mare snorted. "Have you no sense of decency or are you so fucking horny that you'll do it anywhere, even in a herd's territory that has not accepted you yet?" They both had nerve and stupidity that knew no bounds. "Who the hell are you?"

"."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

He had wasted no time on her, making his move swiftly to which she had accepted. When he was done she looked to him, sweat covering her ivory form, eyes half lidded in utter bliss at their moment. Her head rested against his chest, eyes closing until she heard noise from the bushes. At once her ears pricked, head up and alert as whoever came through was not someone she was every expecting. Her words were harsh, scolding her beloved with no fear as she approached them, causing her eyebrow to raise as she briefly snorted. Although December hadn't really thought such a thing through in the first place, she didn't really see why it was such an issue when no one saw; well, except her. She had the choice to look away, and yet she didn't, and even decided to step in and say something about it. The ivory lass was ready to ignore her, to look for one of the leads of the herd, when suddenly she turned on her, shouting words and assumptions that she clearly misunderstood. Her eyes stared back into Kthulu's fearlessly, not flinching in the slightest, before stepping forward so that they were at speaking distance.

"I am December. Midas brought me here when I first came to Helovia. Unless my memory is incorrect, you were not here during that time, so it would make sense that you do not know me. You must have been one of the former Edge members that moved here after the invasion," she introduced herself in her usual monotone, face just as monotone with ears pricked towards the other mare calmly. With tail swishing gently against her hocks she kept eye contact, not once faltering in her stance as she continued, " It was not our intention to upset you. Emotions are something I have trouble controlling at the moment, so forgive me for displaying them at inappropriate times. They're relatively new to me." Her eyes glance calmly to study the mare and her bear companion, not noticing that Carl had suddenly come to her side protectively. The llama's ears were flat on his skull and his eyes were narrowed, and without warning his mouth was releasing a spit missile; aiming it straight for Kthulu. At the last second December managed to shove him to the side, causing the wad to lose target and to land about half a foot from the dark horse. Without even glancing at him December lashed out, kicking him so that he tumbled to the ground briefly.

"I apologize for Carl's rude behavior. He doesn't like strangers."

Image Credits

@Ktulu

Outcast
miykael

Miykael had gotten caught up in the moment, gotten carried away by the hurricane of emotions slamming around inside of him. December had been gone for nearly a year and it had been almost two years since he'd met her at the frozen arch where they'd first gotten carried away. He'd lived a celibate existence, one that had been easy so long as the grey mare wasn't anywhere to be found. But, of course, the one time he slipped up and acted out of character turns out to be the one time that someone else is there to witness it. Ktulu's voice, harsh as it usually was, carried across the terrain to them and he cringes internally as he slides from the grey mare's back. "Ktulu." he responds, his voice lacking its' usual friendliness and warmth. With her, he is all business. With her, he is respectful but his emotions are kept firmly at bay and hidden carefully beneath the surface. He'd cleansed her once, of that horrid black sickness, but it was readily apparent that she didn't deem it noteworthy - it was simply his duty as a healer, not something to be praised.

"Apologies for our lack of discretion. I'm not prone to this sort of behavior and we'll be far more careful next time." again his tone is even and businesslike. He gazes at the dark mare, his blue eyed gaze meeting her harsh, red-eyed stare without fear (even though he knew that she could quite easily kick his ass if she were so inclined but a warrior against a healer is a pointless fight). Even though Ktulu's presence clearly slaughtered the mood that had been smoldering between himself and December, he immediately felt her loss when December moved away from him to better address the darker mare. Yet as December spoke, he couldn't help but to admire her boldness. Her calm, unflinching stoicism is the perfect demeanor for the situation at hand and rather than stepping up to aide her, he remains silent as he shifts himself closer to the two mares.

He didn't notice Carl's approach until he heard the too familiar sound, immediately followed by December's swift reaction. Though his own expression remains stone-like - stoic yet somehow cold - he couldn't help but to feel a tickle of amusement at the thought of Carl's wad of spit landing unceremoniously on the dark mare. Briefly, he wondered how she might react though he is careful to keep everything safely hidden. There is no need to further stir Ktulu's ire. This little gathering is already dramatic enough.

maybe one day you'll understand why
everything you touch surely dies
Coding by Tamme; Lineart by Blu

@December
@Ktulu

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

"You must have been one of the former Edge members that moved here after the invasion."

"Yes." Ktulu replied evenly, her irritation beginning to wane as the other mare introduced herself. "Former General of the World's Edge, now Champion of the Hidden Falls." She informed the other mare who was prattling on about her emotions and how she was new to feeling emotions. Ktulu could understand having trouble controlling emotions, she'd often struggled with them herself, but for them to be new? Had this mare lived under a rock her entire life? "I accept or dismiss newcomers in Archibald and Kaj's stead when they are unable to do so." She continued on instead of standing here pondering over this mare's emotional state.

The sudden appearance of the llama was not something that surprised Ktulu, she knew that companions were not something rare within Helovia's lands. In fact, she paid him no mind until December was shoving him and a wad of spit landed on the ground near her. Her crimson eyes narrowed and her ears tilted back against her head as she glared at the stupid animal. December's excuse that he didn't like strangers did little to appease the ire that Carl had risen even higher in her with such a brazen act of stupidity. He was lucky it had not landed on her because  he and his bonded would have been told to get the fuck out and to not come back. "Carl would do well to remember," Ktulu began, her gaze shifting from the llama to his bonded, "that in a land where neither of you have been accepted he is the stranger." At her side Eytan uttered a low growl at the llama.

Miykael spoke up and claimed that he would be more careful the next time. "As you should." Ktulu said, her voice falling flat. "Too many travel this path to and from the Falls." She thought of her own son and his adventurous spirit, and how he liked to travel with Eytan at his side. "I would hate for my son to see you and question Lakota about it." Because anyone who knew the little blue mare knew how protective she was of their son and how violently she could react to situations.

"Welcome to the Hidden Falls." She finally said to December because she was eager to end their meeting and continue her patrol. "Keep an eye on him." She said nodding her head at Carl. "If he spits on anyone here because they're strangers to him you both will be told to leave." And as badly as she wanted to leave to continue her duties she realized that she couldn't right then and she sighed. "What rank do you intend to hold here?"

"."

Image Credits

@December

Icon by Tay

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

Bitch was the immediate response from Carl as he stared down the ebony maiden, entirely ignoring the bear that growled his own warning. With a flick of his tail he looked to December, begging her to let him spit at her again. This of course was a pipe dream in itself, but he always had hopes that one day she would join his side and torture others just as she liked to. With a flick of her ear towards him she acknowledged the Champion, briefly responding to her bonded in her head, Many mares tend to be. What December didn't really like was the way Miykael's voice sounded empty when speaking to her, and she couldn't help but feel a spike of annoyance at the way he is spoken to. This man would never hurt a fly, his entire existence is based on helping others, and even when he is displeased he never raises his tone. If anyone could hold the title of saint, it would be her beloved. Yet she treats him like he is nothing more than a pawn in her precious game of war. Oh how it made her belly burn, how she wanted to snap at the bitch here and now and show her who she was really messing with; but for now she held her tongue. It wasn't her business, and it was a waste of time and energy. Despite her being a newcomer in this woman's eyes, she still felt that she had the upper hoof. She knew every inch of these lands, remembered where her hidden sanctuaries were nestled, could still smell the memories of her time here in the leaves and branches; so to be told she was a stranger was like a jab even she couldn't ignore.

But she did, for Miykael's sake more than anything, and after listening to the useless ramblings of the black ghoul she nodded, keeping her expression the same the entire time and simply responding,"I will try, but since he is a being with his own free will, the results will not always be successful. Though he will stay out of others way." What she failed to mention, and she felt that this was entirely okay to omit, was that he was only rude to those who were rude first in his mind. Since she had come in a rampage of sharp words, Carl had responded in turn. Despite his sociopathic personality, his possessiveness of his bonded was always evident, even Miykael did not have his full trust. Thinking that this conversation was over and she had been accepted in, she was about to return to her painted man's side; only to be stopped by her question. She blinked, letting the words sink in and for her mind to sort through them, before finally responding with a nonchalant shrug," Where do you need me?"

Image Credits

@Miykael