the Rift

[OPEN] Visiting Mother

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

I nicker in response to the cry of Tallis. My eyes reach towards the sky that I know he will come from. I would be tempted to give the wings off of my back to have a dragon. Whenever I feel his weight upon my back I cannot do any other thing but grin. Although Tallis and I are, and will never be, capable of communicating as bonded pairs do; I have always felt a close affection for the dragon. Both of us carry fire in our veins. The thought makes me laugh out loud. I rise a brow at the ruler of the Edge. If he has a sense of humor he ought to find someone, who he had just reprimanded for the use of fire, with a flame breathing lizard on their back at least a bit amusing.

"Faeanne..You came back.." Never before have words ever placed such guilt in my heart. It flourishes and grows into a forest of guilt that blocks the sun. "I--I'm--" Sorry. My mouth is suddenly as dry as the sands of the Dragon's Throat and my throat feels just as scratchy. "Of course I did, Momma" My eyes slide to the Edge King. I dare him to assume that I am some ungrateful twit who hadn't the decency to make time for their mother.

It was this equine mare who had healed my young heart. She and the God of the Sun had approached my healing in vastly different ways. Evangeline healed me in a manner in which that selfish god could never dream of. She had taken me in and asked for nothing in return; not even my presence. In both a literal and metaphorical sense of the phrase Momma Evangeline stepped back and allowed me to fly on my wings.

I feel as though I have been more battered by the wind than allowed to fly upon it. This is my safe place being away from it is hard to adjust to even now after such time has passed. It is not even the Edge that I mean. It is Evangeline. I already lost one mother! Why did the God of the Sun force me away from my momma as well? "I would still live here if it weren't for the the God of the Sun." I will not tell her of the time I had spent in a land out of Helovia. I do not know what she would think if I had taken the risk to leave the Dragon's Throat to go somewhere besides the World's Edge. I worry that she would feel betrayed. "I wanted to visit you before I return to the Throat." Inwardly I wince at my words. So much for not telling her. I hope that she will assume that I have only been away briefly. I could tell her that I had gone to the Threshold. She would have no way of knowing if I was there recruiting or not. Oh how my forest of guilt grows.

"I like it here more." Feeling almost awkward in meeting after going without seeing Evangeline in so long I turn my eyes to the landscape that is quick to draw the wanderers of Helovia in with fingers of mist. Even now it tries to draw me back in for good. "It is too dry in the Dragon's Throat." I cannot visit and only be a dark rain cloud amongst the frivolous mists. "I am thinking of offering myself as a student to the herd's healer though." To make my stay there tolerable. "I wanted to because of you." And so that I can find ways to heal things rather than allow the gods to do so.

Notes: Sorry about the wait! @Evangeline

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Visiting Mother - by Faeanne - 01-08-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Tembovu - 01-11-2016, 01:35 AM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Faeanne - 01-11-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Evangeline - 01-11-2016, 11:48 PM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Tembovu - 01-13-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Faeanne - 01-28-2016, 11:00 PM