the Rift

[PRIVATE] Stalling Stars

Timothy Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: 2 (Birdsong)
Watermel0nBob

Congratulations Timothy; you managed to shut her up. Silence falls upon you both as she only stares, as if registering what on Earth you had said. Soon she's blurting again, expressing the truth and letting it all spill out before her like a tidal wave crashing to the shore. It hits you and though you would normally flinch you don't, you simply stare into those gold eyes and listen to every syllable that escapes her maw. The moment you two share is quite frankly making me ill. Soon she's asking to help you with your predicament,  striding forward in the water and towards you, intent on helping you with your grooming it seems. Your head lifts back at first, your first instinct to run and cower, for no one has touched you since your mother. The boy with mommy issues; how lovely. That's something to write home to your parents about. It is only when you see the tears streaming down those lovely cheeks you stop, stiffening and making yourself hold ground, though your ears are still pinned and your nostrils are still flaring.

You can only hope that she understands you're trying to trust, that despite every instinct within you is screaming to run that you are fighting it, all in hopes to make those tears go away. It seems you've suddenly found something in common with her huh little boy. Both orphaned and left alone, fending for yourselves in this cruel world while trying to remain sane... Well, she is anyway. Your eyes are on her, watching her every movement, and as she closes in you sense her warmth and remain stone still, in your own way accepting her offer. Your throat is too tight to speak, your mind is going way too fast to process anything but her and you and the events that occurred between you two. Your tail lifts, droplets running off each feather as you turn your head in her direction, being watchful of every movement she makes, though you don't falter in your stance. When her muzzle touches the first few feathers you twitch, but only ever so slightly, letting your tail lax once more as her preening process begins.

Despite your guarded posture and the desire to remain so, you find yourself relaxing under the comforting sensation. Your muscles release and your head slowly lowers, though you don't once let her leave your sight. Blinking slowly with white lashes, you bring your head closer to her, ears still down in a passive gesture to show you mean no harm in your approach, before your words attempt to whisper in her ear, "I am an orphan. My parents died saving me." You stop, taking a breath as this is the most you have ever revealed to anyone, let alone someone you just met. You continue to study her movements, watch as she grooms each feather so, before looking to her own wings in speculation.

You sly devil, are you thinking of trying to groom her? That require confidence, which you do not have. You don't know where those wings have been, where she's been, why would you try and touch them? She could be riddled with lice or other diseases, is that something you're willing to risk? Surely you should let her finish and be on your way now, forget about her and let us continue the precious life we've had together. Your muscles tense at my suggestion and I grin devilishly, prodding you with my jabbing words and trying to egg you on. It seems to be working, and your eyes narrow momentarily at me, before shaking your skull and attempting to ignore me. Now that is not something I approve of. Surely you won't be rid of me so easily Timmy, I will always continue to haunt your dreams. Do not think that because I have been nice, or that this Faeanne is here that you are free from me; you will never be free from me.

Soon you back away, shaking your head and snorting, fighting the fear and emotions running through you, before turning and snapping at the air to your side, ears pinned and green eyes aflame with rage. You lash out with your back hooves, tossing your head and shaking it to and fro in an attempt to shake me away. You will not be rid of me so easily silly boy. You're only making yourself look a fool before this maiden, is that your goal? To lose her before you even have her? You're certainly doing a good job. Perhaps she will run away like mommy and daddy did-

"ENOUGH!" you shout, breathing now labored as you bare your ivories, eyes shifting to and fro and beautiful white locks now scraggled across your pearl-adorned crown. You shift your gaze to her, the fear back in your eyes as you realize yet again, that it is only you who can hear me. That your entire display makes no connection to me in a sane person's mind, and that you have showed your true colors; the colors of your insanity. You let a silence fall over you two, before you attempt to pick up the pieces you scattered on the ground, the fleeting chance of kinsmanship with this woman who will surely reject you now. Face it Timothy, you will be nothing in everyone's eyes. You will die alone and battered, delusional and scatter-brained, and no one will listen to you because you're just a stupid little boy...

-table by niki-

@Faeanne

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!!!

PLEASE ASK BEFORE INJURING/MAIMING MY CHARACTER!! (Any other physical interaction is permitted)

Messages In This Thread
Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-09-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-09-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-09-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-09-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-09-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-10-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-10-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-10-2016, 08:40 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-11-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-11-2016, 08:58 PM