the Rift

I DO ART: May!

Kansas Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 5'0'' :: 23
Kansas

So hey I do art.

I'm Kansas, from Kansas, doing Kansas things - including art. I've made myself a personal goal to work on a project that I will continue throughout the rest of the year. I have a terrible sense of timelines and "due dates" so this is designed to hopefully help work me into a better frame of mind with these things.

Every month I will take SIX(6) horses and turn them into artwork of my kind. This can range anywhere from a full 8x11 card stock to a piece cut out to suit the idea. Badges, bookmarks, key-chains...;etc it will be different every time. If you haven't figured it out already, all of this will be done by hand as I am not in possession of a laptop or tablet capable of doing digital works. I will take pictures and post 1 WIP and the Final Product as I complete them. If you're comfortable with it and interested in having your artwork, see the very end of the post for details!

I might mention it before I get too far as I'm not sure how everyone here likes that sort of thing but... all of my work will be done in humanized form. So all of the horses chosen will be taken and turned into humans. I know some of you already have a human image for your characters and I'd be glad to use them if you would prefer! Although part of this is to develop my own style of things, so for the most part I will be asking for some creative license?

0.5 Mechanical Pencil
0.7 Mechanical Pencil
8-set Sakura Micron ink pens
COPIC Markers
Prismacolor Pencils

These are the tools I will use, paper not included. Keep in mind, I do not tend to "mix" techniques because I don't have the practice. There is also a possibility that I might do one in markers and another in pencils because I may not have the colors necessary in one or the other, I've encountered this problem a few times lol (I hate it.) If you for sure know you want one in markers or pencils let me know.

THIS MONTH: may
THEME: sailor moon!
HORSES:
Beowulf
Larue
Mauja

PICK UP CENTER!

I DO NOT HAVE A PARTICULAR METHOD FOR PICKING HORSES. I really can't settle on anything specific so I'll throw up a bitty form you can fill out if you're interested, and I will basically go through and pick horses at random. I might also choose them out of the cbox or from a thread I like. There is no rhyme or rhythm to this, so first come first serve isn't a thing, though I can confirm that if you post a horse here it will get done for a month.

Name: (post with the profile of the horse.)
Reference: (if you don't have one on profile.)
Particulars: (if you have any requests or particular details you really want!)

YOUR ARTWORK! as I mentioned before this is not digital artwork, making everything I draw physical and unable to just send to you over the internet. Unfortunately I can't promise that my photos will be perfect either, I know that cameras can be iffy if you're not spending hundreds on them (cry). So in other words I would like to offer the opportunity to send it to you! I know this sort of thing can be very touchy and I'm not sure how you all feel about it, but if you were to be interested and willing. I will/can. If you choose to do this I will have it laminated and shipped, of course you can opt out of the lamination.
I AM NOT CHARGING YOU FOR ANYTHING

Nothing about this project will be at any cost to you, and the only cost would be if you chose to have it sent anyhow, which won't be anything because it's paper. This is not a project to gain money under any circumstances!!

In regards to personal information, I have an AIM but no Skype. So perhaps email would be safer in this instance, mine being: yesmpop@yahoo.com. All personal information will be deleted immediately after receipt and destroyed once the parcel has sent. If someone has a better idea on how to do this feel free to share, I'm skittish with my personal info so I know it can be... eh.

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
This is awesome, just want to say that.

Name: Lyanna - http://helovia.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=2719
Reference: on her profile
Particulars: she has a ruby necklace on a gold chain and a gold ear cuff with teal in the middle (these are not on her reference), and she does really like her jewelry, so it would definitely be cool if that made it into any artwork with her. Otherwise, HAVE FUN WITH IT. I love giving you all the creative license. :)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
WORLD SHAKING

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Skylark Posts: 1
Junior Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 5'3 :: 23
Skylark
OOOOOOH :OOOO
THIS IS AWESOME.
Not sure if you're still taking these but ima post anyway >.> <.<

Name: @Kiada
Reference: There's a rough detail on her profile - but I will be updating with an official ref later tonight :3
Particulars: Open to you :D

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare
Name: Astarot
Reference: On his profile <3
Particulars: Anything really xD
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_trans_tag_by_are_we_...a8y6wy.png]

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
Name: Ráeru
Reference: On profile!
Particulars: AHAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS SO COOL.

Kansas Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 5'0'' :: 23
Kansas

Hey guys! Just wanted to slide in with an update and an apology.

I've only got about 5 days to get the chosen art done for this month and I do apologize. Things got pretty hectic this month for me at work and honestly it's going to be the same next month. BUT, I do promise that they will be done by this weekend. We've got a lot of time for memorial day weekend and I'm glad to be able to do this with you guys! And thank you for being patient, it's mucho appreciated <3