the Rift

[PRIVATE] what if i make mistakes

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

She wasn't sure what she was expecting, but it certainly wasn't for Tembovu to tell her that he had escaped to a place where no one knew him. There was a part of her that felt as though Tembovu had always been a part of Helovia. To hear that he was not and had been unable to escape his past made Evangeline sigh. Deep down she knew that running away did not solve any problems, it didn't mend wounds, or heal a broken heart but she had a sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe getting away from everything would be good. Her eyes closed and her head dropped as she soaked in what her king had to say and as she did she found questions bubbling up.

"What is it you are trying to escape, Evangeline?"

"Everything." She sighed and she knew it wasn't much of an answer to Tembovu. He knew nothing about her or her past, so saying everything meant absolutely nothing. It made her wish that Thor had not shattered every wall she'd put up to protect herself. It made her wish that she was better at building those walls back up to keep out everyone. She wished that she could make it on her own, that she didn't need a herd for protection, or feel that uncanny pull to help others when she couldn't even help herself.

Her eyes opened and she finally turned her head to look at Tembovu as he stood there next to her and she slowly began to realize that based on what he'd told her, in some ways, they were the same. "I've failed at everything... I've failed everyone since I came here." She admitted. "Everyone I've loved has left me... my children... my mates... my best friend was murdered here and I wasn't there to save him..." And she looked away because the fear that he would begin to judge her based on what she had admitted began to gnaw at her. "I couldn't heal Erthë's legs ... I tried to hurt someone because they hurt me..." And she hated that she had done it. She hated that she was letting her pain turn her into something that she wasn't.

"Now my children are coming back and I can't look at them without thinking about how I failed them." She whispered. "Uriel ... he didn't even look like he was glad to see me. He was worried about his sister and I don't even know where she is... I just assumed she was with her father ... that he'd taken them when he left me and she's not with him... how can I call myself a mother when I can't even raise my own children?" Tears rolled down her face as she finally asked the question, aloud, that had plagued her for so many years. "I want everything to stop hurting but now I can't figure out how because you've made it clear that there isn't any escape from it."

"."

Evangeline the Pure

i stood there waiting
hoping you would come around
but you always found a way to let me down

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-12-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-14-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-15-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 04:11 AM