[OPEN] The ghost by my side

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
THE HARUSPEX
on his own

Ashamin was always awake.

Given his cave's proximity to the border, given his tireless dedication to his two companions and their odd sleep schedules, and given the emotional buildup that had left Ashamin feeling so anxious as of late, it was not surprising that when someone came close to the sentinels, he knew about it. He had been watching from the edge of his cave, black eyes and lashes dressed with snow. The winged mare who appeared was vaguely familiar, but his inability to put a name with her face made him think their meeting must have been fleeting or unofficial entirely. Had he perhaps seen her at a battle of the Rift Gods? Well, hadn't he really seen half of Helovia then?

The painted buck snorted snow from his nostrils and stepped out into the cold, his steps shadowed by his two companions. With Rakt's joining their family, Lochan had been staying awake longer and later into the day and now Ashamin often found himself accompanied by them both.

With training and time, Ashamin had made himself stronger. His strides now were confident and steady, quickened with grace he'd once struggled to maintain. Though his armor remained in his cave as a trophy, he did not walk forth bare. His sarong fell across his withers like a blanket, shielding him from snow and hiding the worst of the still healing injuries from his latest spars. Though Ashamin had toughened with time he was still the welcoming haruspex he'd always been when it came to strangers, and he didn't want to scare this outsider off.

"Welcome to the Aurora Basin," he called as a greeting as he wove across the frost. His two companions leapt and bounded, Lochan skittish but playful in the snow and Rakt filled with a competitive edge that put him ahead of the others. "I am Ashamin, the haruspex here. Can I help you, stranger?"

Around them the cold air swirled with snow and puffs of breath. His two companions slowed and settled, Rakt's stardust mixing with the white fluff and Lochan's dark mists contrasting against the white. Rakt moved towards the mare, sniffing and shaking in faint curiousity, as Lochan watched shyly from between his bonded's legs. It was good to have new company, to find a stranger. It was good to keep the troubles off his mind.

""

image credits

@Aithniel :)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
The ghost by my side - by Aithniel - 01-12-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Ashamin - 01-12-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Erebos - 01-13-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Aithniel - 02-01-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Ashamin - 02-05-2016, 09:32 AM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Erebos - 02-15-2016, 06:55 PM