the Rift

[PRIVATE] Long time no... tree?

Zahra Posts: 64
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 2 Years
Hanna :: Common Kitsune :: Fire & Ilham :: Bark Spider :: None Riven
Ironically, the girl found the scene unfolding in the shade before her (between gnarled bough and delicate  deep-forest undergrowth), quite surprising. Two creatures, small, unusual deer - one larger than the other - appeared to be in the once wounded stallion’s company; in fact, he was helping the smaller from a woody bind. The young girl smiled softly at the curiousness of their then resolving situation and stepped in a little closer, as the creature fell almost soundlessly to earth. Ashamin turned after a moments pause at the sound of her young, hesitant voice and returned back her own name with seemingly mutual astonishment. Still the smile widened and Zahra continued forward, closing the remaining distance (noticeably faster than he) with lighter, quickening steps. Her little ashen sister followed silently, large triangle ears pricked and alert above her shining, watching green eyes - aye, this acquaintance was not one to be feared.  

Only one of the painted stallion’s companions followed and the golden-girthed female regarded him fondly enough as he broke the metaphorical barrier of quiet and hesitation between the pairs, oblivious that in truth, his egg had been the one so concerning all those many months ago. As warm breath combined, his stark, white gaze stole her attention and for a second, vision of Zahra’s similarly golden-eyed father  flashed before her fluttering lashes. There was another too, a little like him, that the yearling had crossed paths with a very long time ago in the snow (though the grim circumstances still eluded her), and it was perhaps that initial interaction that saw her opinion of their deer-like kind sit so comfortably high. Slowly she withdrew, and her thoughtful notice turned to seek the contrastingly black-eyed unicorn nearby.

The kitsune padded near to the (apparently) black cerndyr as the filly moved on, wet, back nose uplifted  and twitching with cautious interest.

Ashamin spoke after what felt to Zahra like even two eternities, and she nodded gently, compassion leaking through her clean white expression in response. “We’ve been fine,” she assured easily and brightly, despite the many trials which had since found their journey - a loose chuckle even trailed. Fond greeting was exchanged then, heat momentarily grazing her cheek, “…and you.” Pale yellow pools swam from the worn sarong about him, towards the golden sheen where once he’d bled, and then again to the dark-pelted stag in their company. “New friends I see?” She skimmed the smaller, lingering deer to the rear before letting loose her eyes upon the stallion’s quite brawnier frame - much had changed about this old friend, indeed.

“Wait a moment!” she blurted suddenly, blinking rapidly as though to refocus her pattern of thought, “…come with me will you?” Zahra turned then, offering Ashamin little opportunity to decline, and slipped back between the old trunks towards those that concealed her webbed hideout. Only once she and Hanna were both standing beneath the elaborately curtained room (with their practically invisible sister watching from above), did the yearling turn again to find the curious, hoofed trio arriving behind - or so she trusted. “Will you let me mend your sarong?” Already, subtle threads previously woven together  all around them, were wriggling loose from their tethers, awaiting the draper’s command obediently.

Note: If you would prefer me to re-write the bit about Ashamin and his companions arriving in her hide-out, let me know :)  It was a little cheeky hehe.
do you live for the summer or spring?
because you don't feel like winter to me
you came through this town like a breeze
do you live for the summer or spring?

Image @Tangere
Permission given for all except death
Please only tag Zahra in openers and spars

Wishlist | The Spider-Silk Shoppe | Absences

Messages In This Thread
Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-12-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-12-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-14-2016, 11:19 AM