the Rift

[PRIVATE] Long time no... tree?

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

Zahra's response did not provide Ashamin with the comfort he had hoped for. He watched as she worked, so meditative and seemingly far from the world. If he spoke now would she hear him at all? A child with such skill, a creature with such joy, but she was locked away spinning like some naive rapunzel. Ashamin saw her as a tender hearted thing, something that needed protecting.

After all, had she not once opened her veins for him without hesitation, without even real understanding of the depth of that gesture? She could have died that day, or at least if she was like any real being she could. But maybe she wasn't; after all, had Ashamin ever met anyone else with gold blood, or was she simply a being born of gods?

Not knowing anything more about her parents, other than the fact that they did not appear to be caring for her, Ashamin couldn't make any further assumption. But he did know that every second longer he watched her, a stupid idea grew larger in his chest. Could he really in good conscience leave her here again, to live alone and perhaps in danger? He was no knight in armor, he knew this was not his job, but he couldn't, he just couldn't...

Ashamin thought of the possibilities, laid them out before himself as Zahra worked. He could leave her here and worry for the rest of his life, but hope she would continue as she was, living apparently fine and well. He could care for her from afar, sending his companions and occasionally visiting, but leave his herd without a seer for however long such visits could take. Or he could offer that she come home with him, offer that maybe, for the first time in her life, this little filly have a safe home where she would be cared for and loved. Ashamin could take her wings under his heart, care for her as a father or brother would. Maybe time had passed but she was still a child, and with no company she seemed as innocent as before. She needed someone, didn't she? Could he really just leave her alone?

The last stitches were made and the last thoughts wound themselves together at the same moment. Yes, taking Zahra in could mean trouble for him. She would be an outsider in some ways, and he would have to work to make others accept her. But Ashamin knew without hesitation that it would be worth it. If he knew that this child could be safe, if he could watch her grow and thrive, it would all be worth it. There were ways for a child of her talents to be made useful as far as some of the more stubborn residents of the Basin would be concerned. Ashamin could do this, he knew it, and the deep look his older companion gave him was enough reassurance.

When Zahra completed the sarong, Rakt was ready beneath where it dangled to catch it on his form and wiggle underneath it. Covered completely by its swath of white he merely laid down, apparently more interested in sleep than whatever was happening outside of its blanket. Lochan, though, stuck to his bonded's side with wide, encouraging eyes.

Ashamin watched as the filly rose and spoke cheerfully, smiled and nodded in thanks. "It's beautiful, thank you Zahra. My home has other weavers, but I don't think any of them match your skill," he added as flattery. It was true, though, that at least as far as spider silk was concerned no other members of the Basin had once dabbled with it as far as Ashamin knew.

Her next comment was strange but kind; it hit Ashamin hard, burrowing into his chest with warmth. He seemed good now? He was, wasn't he? He was not who he had been, he really had changed. Ashamin bent slightly to nuzzle the young mare, exhaling softly as he did so. "I am, Zahra. I am good. And I... I want you to be, too," Ashamin offered slowly, wishing he could lay beside his companion and speak only in whispers, speak only in the language of the tired and fearful.

"Zahra, I want you to come home with me. I want you to come to the Basin," Ashamin said with a steady inhale. He thought of all the things his Lord might say, all the objections and all the concerns, but he pushed them all away as his dark companion nosed his knee. "It's wonderful there. There are others who weave like you do, and we have snow and a beautiful sky, and a lake that never freezes, and..." he paused, his voice returning in some ways to that of the nervous stallion that had met her so long ago. His tail arced forward and he hoped to reach for Zahra with it, to wrap her up in that kindness."We have family, Zahra. You could be a part of our family. You could have a home."

If I'm not crucified for it, if you're not chased out or worse, if this isn't the worst idea I've had, then... "Would you like that, Zahra?"

Please?

""
Credit

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-12-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-12-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-14-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-14-2016, 06:30 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-19-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-19-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-20-2016, 09:28 AM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-24-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-24-2016, 03:50 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-25-2016, 12:27 AM