[OPEN] Pull up like the Ice cream Truck

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
mortuus nox
The Devil
Wants to make a Deal

His cold gray eyes looked ahead, he was in a new land yet again. This place gave him the creeps still. Maybe it was the fact that there was so many hurt and possibly murdered. The Rift lands had been cured and taken over by the god of Helovia, he still did not feel right here. His eyes stumbled across some odd looking plants, he remembered what Lena had told him. He thought why not start here? The Labyrinth was a weird place that weaved and grew around its self. He let his ghostly mane float in the waves of a heavy collected canter through the green never ending land. His body slammed to a stop as the cool air almost spoke to him. He let the stone cold gray eyes close for a moment as he listened. The earth was almost speaking to him as the sounds of the wind shook the rattling leaves. He opened his eyes once again letting a deep exhale out of his maw. The demons from the shadows danced across his scared onyx pelt. They whispered int he wind with there demonic talk, but he knew non of it was real. it was only something that was pointing him in the correct direction. A haze grew across the land now as he could feel the bone chilling temperature change of this odd world.

Cracked hooves took a daring step forward as his muzzle lowered to the ground. The scents of this place was weird, but there was one thing that stood out to him. There was an odd looking plant hidden in the deep bamboo cage. Its smell was sweet, but there was a tang the could be of a warning. The stallion had no clue what this odd plant could be. He dare not to pick it by himself. His heavily crowned skull lifted in the air to look at the sky above. He found something he was looking for, but what would he do now. The ram like horns lowered so they with all their glory pointed towards the place we call heaven. The small emerald glimmered and glistened as the sun bounced across its rays. He examined how this Herb twisted and spiraled from its roots, and it only held one small bright teal flower on it. Could it be a warning to what poison was held in its deep blue leaves. Nox took another deep breath of the scent it released. It had to have poison dripping through its veins, but what was its effect? Gray eyes narrowed looking at the shadow beast that jumped around with the movement of the sun. This will be an interesting experiment...

"Talk."

OOC: This is one of three herbs he needs to discover.

Notes about herb: No Name
-It is deep blue in color, and has only one teal flower
-Possible poisonous

@Calder

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki

Calder had seen quite a bit of Helovia, but he’d never seen this place.  The brute was ignorant to the history here – he had not been involved in the battle with the Rift gods.  This land did not reek of blood or hold memories of pain.  This was just an eerie forest of unnatural looking plants to the mountain-born stallion.  He had never seen such greenery before – standing so straight and with so few leaves and branches.  The wind made strange sounds as it wove through the reeds, whistling instead of rustling through branches as he was accustomed to hearing.

He found it strange that he had never seen this place before.  He thought he had seen most of Helovia in his search for his sister, but perhaps this was one place that had remained hidden to him.  Again, he was ignorant to the fact that as he searched – new lands had been pulled through the void by the Gods themselves.  He continued through the land that seemed to be more like a maze than a forest.  Calder allowed his great cloven hooves to carry them at his leisure before another shape caught his attention.  It was another unicorn stallion with an impressive set of horns curling back from his skull.  He seemed focused intently on something on the ground which was more than enough to capture Calder’s attention and interest.  

“What’s that you’ve found?” the large unicorn asked, genuinely curious about what the dark stallion had discovered. “Sorry fer interrupting ye. I’m Calder. I’m from the Basin.”  He thought that perhaps this fellow seemed familiar, but he’d never been introduced and couldn’t be sure.  It was only then that he saw what had captured the stallion’s interest and his brow furrowed.  “I’m not so sure ye should eat that one…” he said, his voice trailing off as he narrowed his eyes at the wee plant he’d never seen before.

CALDeR

@Mortuus Nox
Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
mortuus nox
The Devil
Wants to make a Deal

His heavily horned skull turned sharply to hear the voice of another. He looked over the large stallion with cold winter eyes. He then listened to him speak, he was from the Basin, Nox might have seen him around, but he was not sure. He waited till he was done to speak with a heavy Latin accent.
"Hello, I am Mortuus Nox a Scourge of the Basin. Pleasure to meet a fellow herd mate. What trade are you looking into, if you have not already found your calling." he asked softly. His deep voice rang through the air as he looked back to the odd plant. He studied it more, the leaves were very large and they were heart shaped. The Teal flower smelled very very very bitter and he reached his tongue when he got very close to try and taste the odd plant. It did not taste to bad upon first lick, it had a tangy sweet flavor.

He looked back to the stallion "This is a herb I have never seen before, I am looking for new ones like this to bring back to the Basin. I just have to figure out what its effects are on us, and how we can use it to benefit the herd. It does not taste all to bad, its slightly sour and a little sweet. " He looked back down to the plant tilting his head slightly. He wanted to taste it and see how it would effect him. Gray eyes looked back to the larger stallion to see what he would say about it. The sun started peeking through the trees and it bounced off his scared black pelt.

"Talk."

OOC: This is one of three herbs he needs to discover.

Notes about herb: No Name
-It is deep blue in color, and has only one teal flower
-Possible poisonous
-heart shaped leaves
-Tastes sour and sweet

@Calder

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki

“Ah. I’m relatively new to the Basin, so it’s good to meet ye since I’m not familiar with all too many faces at home yet.” The words rolled off his tongue easily.  Calder, at heart, was a friendly sort.  The grey unicorn assumed that Nox was of the healing sort, with his interest in plants and herbs.  Such was once of great importance to his family back on the mountain.  One of the first things they learned as wee ones was the many uses of the plants that grew on the mountainside. “I’ve been thinkin’ about joinin’ the crafters.  I like the idea of building things – not an opportunity I’ve had before.  However in my old home we were all taught a little somethin’ about healin’ – our lands did not have magic like Helovia.  They did once, but the magic left centuries before anyone from my generation walked the mountain.”  And it was true.  Centuries before Calder’s people had been people born of magic – the river unicorns walked the mountainside breathing life into the water and the earth.  They were a harmonious people – charged with maintaining the balance between life and the way of nature.  As that balance was finally obtained, the magic was called back to the mountain.  However his people were always concerned with the balance of things, and were always taught to be observant about the state of things around them.  Calder found this to be a unique benefit in this strange new world he found himself in here in Helovia.

“The brightness of the flower may be a warning.” Calder mused, aloud, his focus on the herb that had caught Mortuus Nox’s attention.  Just like a snake that’s venomous or some of the insects in the forest that pack a much bigger punch than you’d estimate.  He narrowed his eyes at the grasses and plants growing around the foreign plant.  Everything else looked like it had been feed upon by one thing or the other – rodents or other wee creatures - stalks were eaten down and leaves missing.  All save for the plant in question.  It was curious, to say the very least.  It set off alarm bells in the big unicorn’s skull. “Look here,” he said, gesturing to the base of the herb, “It looks like other animals have been avoidin’ this wee plant for some reason,” he mused.  He drew himself back up to his full height, though his eyes lingered on the teal flower. 

He took a half step back and looked back to Mortuus Nox, finally catching the other stallion’s gaze. “Do ye think perhaps its poisonous?” he asked, wondering what the other’s impressions of the unknown were. 

CALDeR

@Mortuus Nox

Sorry you had to wait forever and a day. I was sick all last week (and the weekend before) and have been playing catch up!
Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful