the Rift

[OPEN] Pull up like the Ice cream Truck

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki

“Ah. I’m relatively new to the Basin, so it’s good to meet ye since I’m not familiar with all too many faces at home yet.” The words rolled off his tongue easily.  Calder, at heart, was a friendly sort.  The grey unicorn assumed that Nox was of the healing sort, with his interest in plants and herbs.  Such was once of great importance to his family back on the mountain.  One of the first things they learned as wee ones was the many uses of the plants that grew on the mountainside. “I’ve been thinkin’ about joinin’ the crafters.  I like the idea of building things – not an opportunity I’ve had before.  However in my old home we were all taught a little somethin’ about healin’ – our lands did not have magic like Helovia.  They did once, but the magic left centuries before anyone from my generation walked the mountain.”  And it was true.  Centuries before Calder’s people had been people born of magic – the river unicorns walked the mountainside breathing life into the water and the earth.  They were a harmonious people – charged with maintaining the balance between life and the way of nature.  As that balance was finally obtained, the magic was called back to the mountain.  However his people were always concerned with the balance of things, and were always taught to be observant about the state of things around them.  Calder found this to be a unique benefit in this strange new world he found himself in here in Helovia.

“The brightness of the flower may be a warning.” Calder mused, aloud, his focus on the herb that had caught Mortuus Nox’s attention.  Just like a snake that’s venomous or some of the insects in the forest that pack a much bigger punch than you’d estimate.  He narrowed his eyes at the grasses and plants growing around the foreign plant.  Everything else looked like it had been feed upon by one thing or the other – rodents or other wee creatures - stalks were eaten down and leaves missing.  All save for the plant in question.  It was curious, to say the very least.  It set off alarm bells in the big unicorn’s skull. “Look here,” he said, gesturing to the base of the herb, “It looks like other animals have been avoidin’ this wee plant for some reason,” he mused.  He drew himself back up to his full height, though his eyes lingered on the teal flower. 

He took a half step back and looked back to Mortuus Nox, finally catching the other stallion’s gaze. “Do ye think perhaps its poisonous?” he asked, wondering what the other’s impressions of the unknown were. 

CALDeR

@Mortuus Nox

Sorry you had to wait forever and a day. I was sick all last week (and the weekend before) and have been playing catch up!
Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful

Messages In This Thread
Pull up like the Ice cream Truck - by Mortuus Nox - 01-12-2016, 11:48 PM
RE: Pull up like the Ice cream Truck - by Calder - 01-16-2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Pull up like the Ice cream Truck - by Calder - 02-04-2016, 12:51 AM