the Rift

[OPEN] anything to make you smile [BIRTHING]

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy
Rexanna, Rein, Ashamin, Tiamat, Tilney

THERE were many new names thrown about. Not everyone was introduced to her directly but Eldala still quickly made note of what names belonged to who. This was a new experience for her and the most horses she'd ever seen in one place since joining her herd...well, aside from the Giving Turtle's gathering that is. The whole thing was bringing a snow-flurry of emotions within her but she held on to them silently while the scene unfolded.

Rexanna, the new mother was glowing and kind to Eldala in spite of her meager gift. This greatly pleased the little mare and she did a bouncing bow to the mother in her excitement."Of course! I strive to help my fellow herdmates when I am able." The stag's name was Tilney and he was every bit as kind and noble as his regal horns insinuated. She actually felt a little bad for having thought such derisive thoughts about him previously. /Ugh, will I never learn my father's teachings about rash judgments?/ The strangely blue mare was the most buoyant of any assembled. Even the little foal couldn't hold a candle to the pretty mare's joy. Eldala found herself both enjoying her company as well as being somewhat jealous of it. It was not long, though, before the sire shows up in a flurry. /He's certainly not short on emotions is he? I mean, sure, first foal and all. But dramatic cries? Le sigh/ Thinks the Eldala to herself when stud cries out about his creation.

Still, the little hazelnut is polite and kind to all she meets today. If they notice her or interact at all she responds with a nod of her head or a smile. It was a joyous event, after all. Plus, well, she did want friends in her new home too! But, the longer she stayed the more out of place she felt in this seemingly close-knit gathering. The arrival of a straggler only serves to reaffirm this awkward feeling. Eldala couldn't help but feel as if she was missing some sort of key information here but was certainly not going to be the first to pry. She'd nodded when the mare had first arrived but while the words were being emitted Eldala avoided eye contact and made as if there were something on her leg she was very interested in scratching off.

As soon as strange mare left Eldala felt as if this were her cue to leave the private gathering as well. She stayed long enough to hear a few more exchanges, whatever responses the others might have, but soon quietly nodded her goodbyes to the others present and bid a warm farewell to the new family, "Congratulations again! If you ever need anything at all I shall try to help you. Just stop by my cave sometime. Its only a little down from Johnny's."

@Albrecht

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Messages In This Thread
RE: anything to make you smile [BIRTHING] - by Eldala - 02-17-2016, 06:24 PM