the Rift

[OPEN] can't stand the reflection that they see

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
It's all my fault, it's all my fault.

The familiar refrain started again, chorusing through my mind in the voices of myself, my mother, my father. It was all I had heard since I had chosen to leave home, all I had thought since I found myself ripped from my homeland and torn through the Rift. It was all I had felt since the beginnings of my childhood failures, and suddenly it all seemed too much to bear. How much pain and anguish was I meant to hold in this life? For how long was I to endure the tortures of the world? When would I emerge from the darkened shroud of my existence to shine as much as my body already does?

I am not a pleasant creature to be around, I know that. And yet, through my stuttered, stumbling, awkward pleasantries, Agnodice has remained by my side with patience. I am embarrassed for her to have seen me like this, for her to be subjected to my misery; but I am also grateful for her kindness and her grace. I can see the pity in her eyes, in the lines of her face, and though a part of me does not want her sympathy, I find myself calmed by the compassion inherent in it.

And yet... perhaps I am placing my trust too easily in the gentle mare. Perhaps she is simply manipulating me; it would not be the first time I had fallen into such a trap, nor would hers be the worst betrayal I have experienced. I watch as she begins to search the glass basket that I have only just now noticed at her hooves, intrigued, but uneasy. I wonder if many such items are present in these lands, if they are difficult to come by. I wonder if she is going to trick me, or poison me, or both. Perhaps I have fallen into yet another cruel game that I am not crafty or cruel enough to win.

As the mare moves closer, I momentarily tense, my tail wringing uncertainly as my ears flicker back and forth. Still, she moves slowly, almost cautiously, and I find myself leaning toward her with curiosity. As she begins to speak eagerly, explaining the array of herbs laid on top of the basket, I feel my confusion returning. I sniff the leaves carefully, pleased to find that the peppermint does indeed smell delicious, then peer at the mare. "But I... I don't have anything to offer in return," I protest softly, despite how badly I want to simply take the gift. I don't believe it will be that simple - it never has been before. "Why would you want to help me when you don't even know me?" She did say that she was a - what was it - a Caretaker? "Is this... what Caretakers do?"

"Speech."

OOC ;; @Agnodice No worries, dear! <3
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: can't stand the reflection that they see - by Persephone - 02-06-2016, 10:40 PM