the Rift

[OPEN] can't stand the reflection that they see

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
Why do you want to help me?

The question dances in my mind, twirling and spinning, making my thoughts whirl with confusion. I am captivated by her eyes, their turquoise kindness rooting me in reality when everything around me threatens to dissolve into fear and ruin. There simply must be a trick, mustn't there? No one offers help without any string attached, without expecting that it will be returned one day. The promise of needing something from me in the future is what drives me to shy away from her offer - she might ask for something I do not wish to give, and I will have no choice but to obey.

Again.

That is, after all, what I have done, is it not? It is the defining aspect of my character, aside from my obvious timidity - I am Cora the Compliant. I am a follower, never a leader, and I have never had the inner strength to be anything but that.

But that isn't true, is it? I left home, a voice whispered in the back of my mind. I was brave, that once. I had recognized that my actions, influenced by my father, were wrong, and I had put a stop to it. Perhaps running was a coward's way out, but at least I had done something, right?

Agnodice smiles, and I offer a tentative one in return, pricking my ears forward in spite of myself at the expression. She says that she needs nothing in return, and I find myself cocking my head to the side, bewildered, as though to say, are you sure? But I am distracted by her job - her Caretaker title, as it were. "In that case, I thank you." I accept her proffered herbs, watching her thoughtfully. "How does one become a Caretaker?" I ask. Perhaps... perhaps one day, I could help others as well.

"Speech."

OOC ;; @Agnodice - so sorry this took so long!
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: can't stand the reflection that they see - by Persephone - 03-04-2016, 04:26 PM