the Rift

[PRIVATE] win the hearts of everyone who feels alone

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
Zero had always been a simple child, with simple emotions. And sure, sometimes complicated things happened to him, or he would up in stressful situations- and sure, occasionally he would even have to deal with two or even three feelings at the same time. But in general - and especially when it came to his friends - the boy rarely felt more than one thing at any given time, and that was why friends were the best. It wasn't complicated, it wasn't stressful, and it definitely wasn't difficult to understand.

But then Själ turned around in slow motion with her hair and her smile and her eyes and her laugh and suddenly Zero's heart was doing a funny, bumpy, flip-floppy thing that was definitely not simple, not at all, and Zero was at a loss.

Because not so long ago she'd been a little filly and he's been a little colt, and that was that. But now, now- now he was still a little colt, but she was definitely more than just a little filly, and the feelings he inspired within him were deeply, horribly complicated. His grin faltered and shifted into something powerfully bashful and self-conscious, and a flush rose hotly into his cheeks as he shuffled uneasily, powerfully aware of how stupid his greeting had been and desperately trying to pull himself into what he hoped was a cool, calm, collected pose.

Then she bumped her nose against her, and boy, did it all fall apart.

"YEAH!" the lightning boy exclaimed loudly, pointlessly (in response to what, even?), his voice echoing like a mockery in his own head. Was it hot? It was definitely hot. Zero fidgeted, his face split in a helpless grin as he tried to look anywhere but at the (his?) princess. Try to be cool, like Erebos or Ode- but that was hard, and complicated, and none of this was going well at all. His eyes roved hopelessly around and settled on Ansgar, who had also been significantly smaller the last time they'd met. Good- this was something he could talk about that wasn't her, or him. Neutral ground. He exhaled.

"So how's your 'panion she looks a lot bigger an' she's really beautiful I bet she flies great I don't got a 'panion but my sisters do I got two sisters now an'..." he inhaled deeply and colored again, suddenly realizing that he was babbling and definitely not cool. Maybe he should stop trying so hard. Ma always told him to just be himself, and even though Själ was super extra pretty now she was still the same Själ, right, and she liked him as a friend and maybe if he was just more him she'd like him more?

It was a theory, at least. And it made him feel much calmer.

At last he let his eyes turn properly to Själ, lopsided smile lodged securely on his face. "A lotta stuff's happened," he grinned to the girl (much quieter now, thank goodness) "An' I wanna tell you about all of it, an' find out all about you..." he paused, and reached his nose out toward her (and was that his heartbeat in his ears?).

Then his grin was back, bright and mischievous, and he was back to being her Badass and they were back to being friends. "But first we gotta climb this mountain, so you can be Princess of it an' me an' your 'panion can be your noble knights! Wha'd'ya say, huh?"

This last part was directed at Ansgar, but his ears stayed on Själ, eager for her answer and that beautiful smile.

One thing was certain- Zero was going to be in a fair bit of trouble if all his crushes hit this hard.

Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle - I can't let you go not that I got ya
Image Credits!

@Själ

Messages In This Thread
RE: win the hearts of everyone who feels alone - by Zèklè - 02-01-2016, 03:29 AM