the Rift

ghosts of the past

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
Rexanna shifted under the unknown stallion’s gaze while her own blues sought the comfort of her child as he began to frantically apologize. She watched him, her exotic striped cheek nuzzling the child in comfort of just knowing that he was alright. Soft breaths ran across his face briefly before a smile found its way to her lips. “Rein, you didn’t know. It’s okay, just don’t do it again alright?” She questioned him with a curious eye, thankful to have the warmth of the colt beneath her golden hide. Though the golden mare’s attention was drawn back on the Elephant King as he addressed her. Offering the same caring smile she had given Rein to her past lover taking note of the hoarseness that seeped from his voice.

The smile quickly faded as the stranger addressed her indirectly, speaking of Mara. Her ears quickly found the comfort of her skull briefly, once gentle blue eyes now grew piercing as she shifted her head to the other striped stallion. The sharp gaze glued to him as Tembovu began to speak. “Rexanna this is Kiuaji, an old friend from Dorobo, who sometimes does not know when to hold his tongue.” A quick nod of her head to Tembovu and her gaze recoiled from him back to the Elephant King in a bit of suspicion as how the comparisons of Mara and her bloomed again. Frustration blossomed in her chest briefly, but reminded of her son beneath her, she held her tongue. Ears lifting but still uncertain of this old friend.

I find it surprising considering you hold yours well enough. Perhaps he missed the memo.” Her voice reached for him with hints of a lightness to it as the golden mistress began to try and forget the words that slipped from Kiuaji’s lips. She also fought the memories of the beach and the giving tree where many of Tembovu's words had been rightfully vicious. Swiveling her head back to him, her gaze was softer but still carried some reservation. “Hello Kiuaji. As I’m sure you’ve guessed, I’m Rexanna. I met Tembovu as he passed through the Threshold upon his first visit to Helovia. I welcome you as well - we welcome you." At that point, her head drifted back down to Rein, encouraging the child to welcome Kiuaji to Helovia as well. Manners were a vital thing to learn and she hoped that he would be able to learn in this very instance.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

TRYING A NEW STYLE. BEAR WITH ME.
@Kiuaji
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
ghosts of the past - by Kiuaji - 01-14-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Rein - 01-14-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Tembovu - 01-15-2016, 03:41 AM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Kiuaji - 01-15-2016, 04:49 AM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Rein - 01-20-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Tembovu - 01-21-2016, 03:17 AM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Rexanna - 01-21-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Kiuaji - 01-21-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Rein - 01-23-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Tembovu - 01-25-2016, 08:48 PM