the Rift

[OPEN] Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?)

Naja Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

As Iscah explains to her what the forest they stand in looks like she can feel the weight of the cloth over her eyes. He's tried to convince her to remove it, he resorted to logic, told her that if his magic had been stripped of him that the curse on the cloth should have been broken. Should have was not concrete enough evidence for the priestess to agree to removing the cloth. Its been drilled into her head since she'd been stolen away from her family that magic and curses are two very different animals. Perhaps it is her selfish desire to keep her eyesight intact that keep her from removing the cloth, or maybe it is her sense of duty because what good is a priestess without her eyesight? How can she set souls at peace if she cannot see them?

Part of her expects Iscah to bring up the subject of the blindfold again when he stops so abruptly and she is ready to tell him to drop that particular subject, but he surprises her by telling her that someone is coming. Her head lifts as he informs her that a stranger is coming and seconds later a feminine voice rings out, introducing herself as Iona. Before she can speak to introduce herself and her companion another approaches, a stallion by the sound of his voice. He comments on Iscah's height then asks if she needs healing before introducing himself as Tembovu.

"My name is Naja." She says. "And he is Iscah." As she says the name she touches her muzzle to Iscah's shoulder and she smiles to herself because she imagines that he is confused at having been named. In her mind, for some time, she's been referring to him as that name but never had cause to speak it aloud for they have never come across anyone to introduce themselves. She feels Iscah against her side and she presses into him as she begins to broach on the subject of the cloth. "I do not need medical assistance." She says. "I fear that there is nothing you can do to assist me unless you know of someone who can remove curses." And that is all she truly intends to say on the matter, so when Iscah begins to speak again

He tells the strangers where the two of them have come from and for a moment panic seizes Naja's chest as she remembers that these are the ones who slaughtered their gods. These horses that live in this new land were harbingers of death and she wonders how many souls she would see if she were able to remove her blindfold. "Iscah?" She whispers his name, her voice uncertain, and rests her head against his neck as she tells herself that he would not allow harm to come to her.

He is her priest.

He is her savior.

He is her protector.

"."

To the ends of the earth would you follow me?
There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see

@Iscah

Messages In This Thread
Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Iscah - 01-14-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Naja - 01-15-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Iscah - 01-23-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Naja - 01-27-2016, 04:06 PM
RE: Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Iscah - 02-10-2016, 09:53 PM