the Rift

[OPEN] Start Again, Cut Your Hair

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Two unfamiliar voices answered her, one from outside the crumbling line of glass and one from within. This was worrying, though perhaps not altogether surprising. There was not a day where new arrivals did not swell the numbers of the herd, and though she really tried to sneak a peak at them as they crossed the border it was impossible for the child to catch everyone.

She regarded the smiling, effeminate unicorn warily as it emerged from the mist and dark, as comfortable within the dense verdure of the forest as though it had lived there all its life. This, pared with the peculiar androgynous nature of the creature sent her mind for a spin, a merry-go-round of prejudice and internal struggle she was wholly unprepared for. Was it a mare? A stallion? What would she prefer and would she end up disappointed? Did it really matter in the end? It kinda felt like it did, when hauntingly familiar violet eyes gazed at her as though they could see right through her, capable of gazing past the automatic smiling mask and straight at her innermost secrets.

Erthë had told Evangeline once that she didn't have any secrets. But that was a long time ago (not even a year) and much had changed since then. Now she shifted uncomfortably and felt somewhat offended by the innocent sounding words the unicorn offered, defensive as though he had actually poked fun of her somehow. She wouldn't have been able to explain what about the remark about nighttime strolls that had been mean or inconsiderate however, so in the end she just mumbled something indistinct and focused her attention (with considerable relief) onto the stranger on the other side of the wall.

It quickly became clear that Erthë wasn't needed there. This purple-eyed demon of a horse seemed to have the situation completely under control, and it didn't take long for Tembou to arrive - or had he been there all the time? - and further add to the welcoming committee. He spared her a glance and a greeting though, and with a feeling of dancing for breadcrumbs the filly spared him a tense, tired smile in return, happy even for such small gestures of attention.

"I couldn't sleep" she replied, and in the quiet admission lay the belief that he would understand at least some of the issues that plagued her. The king was familiar with her injuries after all, knew of their extent and seriousness. And though she didn't like keeping secrets from him, the fae rather hoped he would not pry further into the matter. It was too humiliating to have to admit that she was in over her head in anything - and especially such serious matters as substance abuse.

The exchange between the elephantine monarch and the flamboyant newcomer - Aji, what kind of name was that - surprised her a bit. They appeared familiar with one another, and intimately so to boot. Curious she gazed between them, attempting to guess at what kind of relationship these might have - then hurriedly quit before arriing on any conclusions. That was a subject she was not interested in, it was icky and gross and totally embarrassing and she didn't want to think about her friend doing things like that.

Making another mental escape, Erthë finally turned her attention properly to the third unicorn. This one at least was definitely female. It was impossible to overlook the subtle curve of next and hip, the graceful lines of her head and legs - the jewelry only accented this, made it even more apparent, to the point where the filly blushed as her gaze accidentally met with the silver-coated mare's.

"I remember you" she said, somewhat shy to address Dacianna in front of the other two, "you were at the island. Right? I was there too..."

But she trailed off there, not really sure what more to say. It was not her place to accept or refuse a request to join the herd, not when the king stood listening only feet away. And though this 'Aji' was new to the herd, his - her? - age and knowing gaze probably gave her - him? - more authority than herself, even though she had lived in the forest for much longer.

It felt rather unfair. Was there a way to make you grow up faster? She would have to look into that, it was annoying to have all these people come in and take over her home without having any say in the matter.

Erthë
and my knees are shaking - - and my dreams are breaking - - but i know i live today

bg || image || table

@Kiuaji

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Dacianna - 01-16-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Erthë - 01-16-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Kiuaji - 01-16-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Dacianna - 01-18-2016, 03:50 AM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Erthë - 01-18-2016, 09:20 AM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Kiuaji - 01-18-2016, 11:30 AM