the Rift

[OPEN] Start Again, Cut Your Hair

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova

Kiuaji
The Art of Deception

It would of pleased the poisoner greatly if the pale filly had aired her internal struggle over his gender, a source of great pride and amusement it was to the effeminate creature. Inhabitants of Makutano had often tried to figure out his complicated nature and fluid movements to and from stallion and obscurity, and many more Dorobian's had been enthralled and wary for it.

"Who knows." The androgynous stallion responded with a small shrug of his shoulders in turn to her comment, mirroring the roaned mare. "I would certainly suggest that the crafters don't build another glass wall." Kiuaji hummed sweetly, the glass shards would be better used offensively rather than build another grand wall doomed to perish like the last, the gleaming edge would provide most useful in rendering delicate sinew from bone. What was a glass wall to an army? to a creature with enough conviction to send it sprinkled into the night air? The more he gazed at the shimmering ruins the more the urge to roll his eyes became apparent. He could appreciate beauty and art in all things, he revelled in it and found it a constant source of entertainment and enjoyment, but this piece of art had no place in a field of defense.

Enthralled himself with the delicate nature of her trinkets, hearing that her herd had a natural affinity for gold and precious metal drew a number of thoughts across the marked stallion's mind. A sudden, instantly recognizable voice pierced through the night air, interrupting Kiuaji's train of thought while it startled the other. The poisoners head naturally turned to the source, amethyst's pierced through the night light to the resting form of his oldest friend, how had he not seen him before? He inwardly wondered but chalked it down to him being caught up in the wonderment of the horned mares glittering accessories. He let out a bemused laugh and gave him a mock look of disappointment, coy and impish as he flicked his gaze back to the roan. "Ah, Bov. Ruining my fun." Affectionate nickname accompanied by a false sigh before a smirk appeared on his marked muzzle. "Giving people the wrong impression of me."

Long legs turned him back to the stranger in their mists, he naturally moved to stand closer to the behemoth in the grass. "I assure you, my dear, your trinkets are entirely safe." The topic of conversation moved when the small filly showed up, the poisoner passed her a small glance of acknowledgement for turning up. He had thought she had shrank away back into the night, but apparently not. Trust Tembovu to have fatherly concern for the little thing, some things never changed, while it seemed Kiuaji's heart hardened all the more to the idea of foals and babes at their mothers teat, Tembovu's heart filled with warmth for them.

This Erthe's response to his comment about her being awake at such a late hour, earned a snort from the smaller Dorobian. Well, it wasn't entirely untrue he supposed, it certainly wasn't the whole truth either, was it? The humiliation and backlash would certainly keep the most assured equine from blurting out their inner demons, and it appeared she was no different.

Tembovu finally stood to join them ushered in by a look of dismay on the new comers face. "He's big isn't he?" Kiuaji smiled as his eyes sparkled with mischief. "You should've seen them swoon back home, all whimsical sighs and fluttering eyelashes. If I was any sort to settle down I would had him sweep me off my hooves." Unable to help himself, he bumped his shoulder with Tembovu's much more muscular one. Both here and in the past, he had often poked at Tembovu that if he was a mare with an ambition, he would of tried many years ago to steal those rippling muscles and broad body for himself.

Who didn't want a rugged gentleman to sweep them into the sunset?

Finally, the stranger introduced herself as Dacianna, an unusual but fair name he decided, for the usual female names he often heard were not of this land or any others, but distinctly Dorobian in nature. Any foreign names that had strayed into Dorobo were always located in the capital and never settled once their purpose had been completed. It suited her well, and he nodded a faint greeting to her. "I'm Kiuaji." Not Aji he mentally added, that name was reserved quite fiercely, and said boldly by the Elephant King. How he got away with it in the first place was entirely lost on him, as well as how it became common place and endearing to say the least. Erthe spoke to her then, when Dacianna began to question about these things called 'rifts' it spiked his interest momentarily, making a mental note to inquire about them at a later date. Erthe also seemed to recognize this would-be Edge member, something about an island that he didn't care to voice a question for at that moment in time.

Soon enough he turned his gaze back to Tembovu, amethyst orbs studied the lines of his face to see what he made of the mare, would she be welcome? despite Iona and Alysanne saying so. He had not detected falsehoods in her words, falsehoods and deceivers were his specialty after all. Working in the shadows and reading people were part of his day to day life, those that he found to be duplicitous in their nature were quickly dealt with without him so much as batting an eyelash in their death throes. "What do you think, Bov?" He questioned breezily, tone effeminate and delicate in the night wind despite the choice of words being heavy in weight. "Is she worthy?"
BG |CREDIT| IMG
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Messages In This Thread
Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Dacianna - 01-16-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Erthë - 01-16-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Kiuaji - 01-16-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Dacianna - 01-18-2016, 03:50 AM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Erthë - 01-18-2016, 09:20 AM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Kiuaji - 01-18-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Tembovu - 01-21-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Dacianna - 02-04-2016, 09:40 AM