the Rift

[PRIVATE] left me in the dark

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

If she’d been an ice cap, a cold and frigid thing too icy to be budged, Atlas would have lit a fire. If she’d been a cautious gale, one better meant to ride the tide out across the vast ocean swells, Atlas would set his sails. His curiosity had been piqued and his growing sense of wonder was still ballooning to greater heights, if only because Lena had given him breath. Atlas was a sensible man, an intelligent creature that stood no stranger to affairs of the heart or the mind. Whether he had been touched by his desires or otherwise still remained unclear, but there was one thing he knew for certain, and that was his need to uncover the secrets presented from those painted lips. In truth, it was likely a fool’s mission, but Atlas was also no stranger to playing such a part. His heart guided him where his mind could not… and he never thought to question his motives before taking the plunge.

He didn’t care for the way she balked at his sentiments or the way that her eyes found him equally dismayed. Yet, that momentary lapse in judgement was short-lived and his demeanor restored not long after. Atlas was familiar with many emotions, but shame and guilt were not often among them- especially when he still felt his second chance was standing before him. Lena represented more to him than a friendly face, but instead a shattered being attempting to walk a road toward repairing her life. She had insinuated as much in his opinion, even if she hadn’t articulated it in as many words. Her secrets and her guarded nature were telling enough and Atlas saw himself reflected there, a kindred soul sharing burdens untold. But what then was the man hiding that caused him so much grief?

He had left so many things—lovers, friends, family, responsibility… Was it any wonder he’d come and gone without as much as a single goodbye? Who did he hold dear that would have cared to see him go? His youth had been enchanting for a boy of his age, but the recklessness and the wild abandon had outgrown him, or he it. Either way, Atlas was still trying to find footing, find reasons to simply stay… In his desperation, he believed he’d manage to find something, anything, to keep him earthbound… and here it was.

He hadn’t the words to explain it or any foundation on which to build his aspirations, but they had begun to cement themselves within. Walls had brought them together and could possibly rip them apart, but Atlas was willing to overlook Lena’s chilling response if only to give himself a reason to linger… It was irrational and perhaps utterly unfounded, but at least it was a start… to something. “Who said I was wasting them?” he questioned stoically. The man felt no desire to explain himself or his decisions, at least not when they were pressed against unwilling ears. Instead, he shifted lightly to stretch out his stiffening joints, unfazed. Did it matter to her that he would forever remain unmoving, a creature now devoted to a cause he couldn’t quite name? It wasn’t love –no, not yet- and it wasn’t an idea –though he wished it were-, but another entity altogether. It was a promise to do this one thing for another, someone other than Atlas himself.

Lena was damaged in some way or perhaps just struggling through the trials of life alongside him… Whatever she was hiding, whatever it was that she kept close to heart, was something that obviously caused her pain. Her answers were as cryptic as his own desires, but at least he wouldn’t let them find voice enough to confuse and mislead her. Of that he remained true…

“It’s a good thing that life is full of chances then, wouldn’t you say?” he replied while studying her soft smile. Everything about her was soft and it worried him that anything so delicate could ever suffer at the hands of fate or otherwise.

He would stay.

She mused for a time thereafter and Atlas was content to follow suit. If she was the road that led him toward redemption, then so be it. Lena would be his guide. But could he trust her to take up such a role? Surely with a little prodding she could be maneuvered to such a position… and Atlas had never been one to take “no” for an answer, at least not without a fight. As he watched her studying him, he smiled at her remark- it wouldn’t take much. “I’ll chase them with you.” He turned then, his star-kissed pelt shimmering against the light of the waning moon, and smiled wide. Lena wouldn’t have to run far- he’d already pulled the stars from the heavens just for her… if only because she’d given him something to believe in.

I used to hope I’d die a hero. `
image credits

@Lena

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
left me in the dark - by Lena - 01-16-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Atlas - 01-17-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Lena - 01-17-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Atlas - 01-18-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Lena - 01-23-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Atlas - 01-28-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Lena - 01-31-2016, 08:12 AM
RE: left me in the dark - by Atlas - 02-03-2016, 11:55 PM