the Rift

Fine in the Fire [Deimos vs. Tangere]

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

The shadowy body of Deimos goes from a regular sized equine to that of a different towering monster; one with giant's blood and bone. She knows in that half-second before their chests abruptly collide that she had not quite measured him accurately before she  decided to catapult into him. She's oblivious to the scratches she's leaving with her sharp little feet as their bodies start to separate. Her battering ram method does not fail her, but it does hardly anything to save her or instill fear in her opponent. The cling on theory is paper thin and laughs away in the breeze. Her gut sinks like its full of stones. He's simply too fucking big; her mind spins with frustration and tries it's best to reach out to her raven. He answers with stoic silence and stares coldly from his perch. Her flesh is cold and covered in a film of warm sweat, the moisture beginning to freeze so badly that she can feel it's sting against her bare skin. She's impressed with herself to land anything upon him at all, so you can imagine her delight when she comes away with a bit of his bloody fur between her teeth. The delight is so very short lived, however. Her mind is blinded her right shoulder feels like it crumbles against his shoving weight. There is a strange feeling that stirs like venom in her tingling heart that webs across her body.. When she remembers to breathe, finally, it prickles the inside of her nostrils all the way down her throat and into her lungs. Her adrenaline is starting to wane, morphing somewhat into fear, and the brutal elements are knocking about her many doors.

'Do not think about the cold. It's your home, your blood is as cold as the snow; let it be. You'll never be able to budge him; let it be. Give way. Give way, moon-girl.' The raven's words are muffled in her mind, as if he's talking through a wall. The empty feeling of loneliness creeps into her mind – why can she not feel him, or hear him as strongly as usual– it begins to weigh her down and then carry her mind away. Can he be doing this? Does Deimos have the power to mess with our bond...to psyche me out by leaving me all alone...? Phrixus can only gaze on, watching the pair through the dancing snowflakes with emotionless blue eyes. She does the opposite of the advice given; she resists his thrusts with sluggish power instead of gracefully giving way. She wastes precious energy and she's putting more pressure on a very bruised deltoid muscle, which very much feels like it's on fire at this point. Not only does she not possess the strength to resist his advancement but she gains no purchase on the snow, she just slips along like an eel. She has no chance but to stop fighting it and let her self fall in a pile on her suddenly very sore haunches. The thud makes her teeth smack together (luckily not onto her tongue or it would surely be gone). The impact seizes her whole body and she's suddenly in the present anymore. Her mind floods with images, some instances she remembers, but mostly it's just a bombardment of war scenes and heart-pounding sensations that recharge her fighting spirit. It seems like forever to her, but it's only second or two before she comes flying back to the present and back onto her feet, charging at him with all the strength she has left.. Her fear has left her and something has switched in her primal copper eyes. Her ears are buried in her thin mane, which is a wild mess now, mouth agape with her teeth wielded at the ready to find his flesh once again. She winces as the muscles in her neck pinch in reaction to the ever swelling area surrounding her right tricep. Her mouth goes for  his left eye, hoping his instinct to protect his vision will make him flinch and give her an opening to square up with him. She's smaller, but she knows one of those spots where your size doesn't matter. The soft skin  under his belly, specifically that fun little flap of sensitive skin webbing from the belly to the hind knee. So with her littler body aligned with his, her right shoulder leaning into his left hip while her right  hip pushes against his left side (either his shoulder or ribs), she grabs for that ticklish piece of flesh while keeping her mouth away from any retaliation by flinging hoof. She keeps her rump tense and tucked and ready to deliver a few defensive kicks if he starts to bite at her from behind.

Summary: Deimos badly bruises her shoulder when he shoves her, knocks her off balance. She fights him weakly before falling on her bum in a sitting position. She sustains bad bruises to her haunches as well. Her counter attack is to lunge for his eye and then divert at the last minute to bite at his underbelly area.

non omnis moriar

Image Credit<3

<333
@Deimos

sorry for how wretched this might be
i've spent hours on it.
but i'm not satisfied.

i'm literally embarassed at how long i've taken.
i'm so sorry.
your advice really is wonderful, i'm just in a weird spot for writing right now <33
so sorry x1000

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Messages In This Thread
Fine in the Fire [Deimos vs. Tangere] - by Deimos - 01-17-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Fine in the Fire [Deimos vs. Tangere] - by Tangere - 02-27-2016, 07:29 PM