the Rift

Fine in the Fire [Deimos vs. Tangere]

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

His spurt of rage when she feigned a shot for his vision was palpable. A bit of evil bubbles up in a devious grin on her pink lips – lips that  normally sport a rather innocent and kind smile, one of slight purity rather than deviancy. In this dual she has gained a few things. A little more skill...and something else she cannot quite name. A small dusting of devilishness, perhaps? She chortles naughtily after her bite once again finds his inky muscles. Another chunk of him torn away by her...another tally on the board. The sting of her own cuts and bruises are dulled for the moment. The true levity of her injuries will hit her soon enough, but for now she moves away victoriously with pieces of Deimos clenched between her yellow teeth.

'Fire!' Phrixus witnesses the birth of flame welling inside the King and his reaction is a blessing. He provides a swift warning to the pale unicorn; for she is completely unaware and moving away feeling victorious. She is surprised when she turns her head to view her impending fiery doom... that is real fucking fire! She's never taken on fire before! There is no time to think of that, of course, right now she must react. With a slip and an almost fall (damn snow) she  tries to throw herself from the destructive path of those hot projectiles... She is only half successful in this valiant endeavor.

Two of them find their mark and  the third singes the fire up her left side. Her tail is nearly burned away, still smoking, and the rest of her hind end is charcoal black with her thick winter coat burn almost down to her skin. She is trotting away as she turns in horror to examine her smoking bum. The burning sensation sets in on her rump and on the backs of her hind legs. Her fur is charred away, black and pink with the freshness of her burns. Her shoulder has a small streak of burnt flesh, but it pales in comparison to the rush of pain that starts to set in all over now. Half of her is blackened and singed, her beautiful winter coat destroyed, her tail burnt to almost a nub and her body bruised all over.

She has one more idea left...gasoline left for one more ride. Her bird has been sitting with patience in the arms of the firs that surround their snowy battleground. Watching her patiently as she learns the trials of battle for the first time in her adult life. It's his turn to join in and lend a bit of aid to his struggling pal. Tangere spins to face her bigger, scarier opponent with a determined face. Her thin forelock is stuck to her forehead with sweat, centered on her her small milky face. Her whole body rib-cage swells and deflates  with each inhale and exhale, her nostrils are wet and flashing their delicate pink insides. Like a fuse that finds spark to explodes into sudden motion. From zero to wind in a second. She charges for his  right shoulder at full speed.  She has learned how to move a little better in the ever shifting terrain. She stays low and centers whatever heaviness she can manage; throwing her weight into her front to keep from slipping. The space between them is gobbled up in only a few strides. Just before she reaches the towering Reaper a screech erupts on his opposite (left) side. Phrixus descends with his talons held out toward Deimos's face. Tangere cease the moment of whatever his reaction may be to hop up in a half rear against his shoulder and grab for his left ear, pulling down if she manages to actually catch him where she intends to. The idea is that the  screeching, flapping, and potentially clawing bird will encourage him to stay in place while she attempts her attack. She hopes this distraction will make it easier to snatch a quick grip on his sensitive ear.

Attack: 3/3
Words: 739
Summary: Tang takes on burns and a destroyed coat from the landed fireballs. Phrixus finally helps, hovering above Deimos's face to stop him from moving forward while Tangere grabs for his ear in one last shot to subdue him.

Total Injuries:
Banged Up Shoulder, badly bruised
Sore Bum
Burnt Bum, Burnt Shoulder, Singed Off Tail
Destroyed Pretty Coat

non omnis moriar

Image Credit<3

@Deimos
Thank you so much for all your help and patience :3
I really have learned a lot and I have tried my best to really listen.

I am still working on things and rereading your advice. You've certainly helped me grasp this whole battling thing a lot better. I'm trying to focus on fluidity and getting my directions right (so sorry btw). Also i took your advice about watching some videos and doing some reading on the mustang stallions out west in the u.s. .. VERY HELPFUL

I can't thank you enough for being so patient as I know I cut it way close with the deadlines!

<3

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Messages In This Thread
Fine in the Fire [Deimos vs. Tangere] - by Deimos - 01-17-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Fine in the Fire [Deimos vs. Tangere] - by Tangere - 04-03-2016, 04:05 PM