the Rift

[PRIVATE] Let only the stars judge

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
I have loved so hard
that it broke my heart—
She twitched in both surprise and fear, grey flank melting away under his muzzle as she spun to face him. Silver eyes stare into his own, probing— and he suppresses the urge to look away, to keep his shadows and demons secret. He cannot know how much she sees in his gaze, but he knows that he avoids his reflection so that he do not have look into his own eyes. Black-dotted ears remained pointed towards her as she speaks, her soft voice and enrapturing accent once again beginning to weave a spell between them in the misted darkness.

But, this time, at least the King knew to expect it. And the weight in his barrel kept him grounded, rather than being swept into the sea of stars and night. He does not answers her question right away— for the true answer was a long and complicated one. Instead he stands silently, facing her beneath the drifting caress of her gaze. Mercury eyes linger on the multitude of scars that litter his hide. He had added new ones in Helovia— his right shoulder twitches with the memory of a goddess’s claws raking through his flesh.

But those wounds, physical ones, were so much preferable to those he carried in his mind. Perhaps that’s why he threw himself so wholly and readily into battle. He sighed softly, finally parting lips to break the evening’s stillness with his low rumble, “I’ve not been ’okay’ for a long time.” Since I’ve buried my life and turned myself to vengeance. “But I am here, breathing. As are you. And that accounts for much more than being ‘okay.’”
—only to build me up
stronger again.
tembovu
image | table

@Kateina

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 01-17-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Tembovu - 01-30-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 02-02-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Tembovu - 02-12-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 02-21-2016, 12:22 AM