the Rift

[OPEN] i am a leaf on the wind (Joining?)

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

It really was sheer luck that Lyanna didn’t end up on the border of some random herd, or more likely, trespassing on one. Maybe fate or the gods intervened, putting a map in her head that she didn’t know what there. But likely, she thinks she’s just really lucky. And had managed to learn enough information from her time in the Threshold to not be completely lost. There was that, too.

Alysanne’s welcome is a warm as everyone else’s had been, and she finds herself relaxing as the other mare steps aside. There had been such a lingering tightness of uncertainty surrounding her that the welcome almost makes her cry. She didn’t realize how tightly she’d been wound, how worried, how sad.

She hasn’t had time to be sad, really. She’s been running for so long, she’d never even had a moment to really think. And when they finally stopped here, she’d been preoccupied with trying to figure out what to do here, that she still hadn’t mourned the loss of her family.

But now was not the time, and she doesn’t let the sorrow consume her. A skill of her old life. Princesses don’t have the luxury of sorrow or anger, except in the confines of solitude. And instead of crying (though perhaps there is a moment of sadness in her eyes before it’s gone), she smiles at the mare and steps into her new home. “Thank you,” she says, meaning it. There is something truly comforting to know she has a place to rest.  

“I would love a tour, if you don’t mind. “ She’d been traveling for far too long, and knows she should rest. But she’d rather see the place she’s going to call home for now. Would rather learn whatever she can. There would be time for sleep later.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Alysanne

Messages In This Thread
i am a leaf on the wind (Joining?) - by Lyanna - 01-18-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: i am a leaf on the wind (Joining?) - by Lyanna - 02-01-2016, 12:00 PM