the Rift

[PRIVATE] Standing With An Army

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
After nodding and the apparent dispersal of those absentees, he had begun to back away and turn towards the heart of the Edge— it was a time for inward thinking and solitude. But, as his great body moved, the delicate face and wide eyes of Jahzara caught his attention, guileless blue stare cutting straight through any pretenses of regency that remained after her disarmingly personal confession.

He halted, navy eyes trained on her, watching and waiting with both curiosity and apprehension. “You are most welcome, Jahzara,” the phrase was quick and genuine in his low voice— but there was a question beneath the brevity. What brings such a hopeful look to your eyes, my herdmate? But he did not voice this question, for it felt wrong to pry further after what she had just revealed.

But, as a short bout of patience revealed, there was no need for prying questions. “I’m glad you’re here, Lily.” An ear splays sideways, eyes clouding in confusion as the painted palomino cast her eyes down to her knees. Her gaze tracked through the mist, following some unseen form that apparently stopped at his heavy, ivory hooves.

Masked face wrinkled in bewilderment and befuddlement— offering help and seeing what one was helping with were two entirely different things. But he was a man of his word and, truly, after his occasional quarrels with his own demons, he was more than willing to assist the troubled palomino.

“You may tell—” he paused in uncertainty, was this how he should go about it? He soldiered on, “You may tell your friend, Lily, that there is no need to thank me. And as for helping…” Again he paused, quite uncharacteristically out of his depth with the situation as a whole. A soft, thoughtful breath escaped his nostrils as he shifted his eyes from Jahzara to the empty space in front of him, where he assumed ‘Lily’ to be, “I will try to show her how I manage my own demons. It may not work, but— then again— it might.”

His attention rose, away from the empty air, and towards Jahzara. Quietly, he asked, “Tell me, where does Charles come from?”
tembovu
image | table

ooc| @Elsa

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Standing With An Army - by Jahzara - 01-18-2016, 02:12 PM
RE: Standing With An Army - by Tembovu - 01-18-2016, 11:41 PM
RE: Standing With An Army - by Elsa - 01-19-2016, 03:46 PM