the Rift

[PRIVATE] No Scrubs

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
“Sweating is bad for my complexion…” I chuckled along with her teasing as we walked comfortably together. I wasn’t sure I’d be any good at delegating but I supposed I was going to have to get in some practice. Eldala had shown she knew some handy tricks with dying wool and Calder and Ahvelyn both seemed interested in helping out. “That’s too bad about the sneak ranks though… I’ll keep my eye out for someone that might have a talent for it! There’s that old chap, Albrecht, who doesn’t have a job yet. I conned him into helping me with some herb gathering, you know, but I don’t think he’s all that interested in crafting.”

Now I’m pretty used to not having any idea where a conversation might be going, it’s a talent. Either I’m just rambling away and my mind goes to all these wonderful places or someone else is talking and although I swear I’m paying attention the next thing we know we’re talking about something totally different! Conversation is so weird. Anyway, I really didn’t expect the bomb that Rexanna dropped on me just then. Here I was, planning on complimenting her cave, when she started to get all deep on me. I didn’t mind, of course, I only was worried about how sad she seemed when she said it - being lonely, talking about her adventures and love as though they were things of the past and had left her behind. No, I can’t have that! I like to see my friends smile.

“Why, you say that like it’s a bad thing! I thought love was supposed to be a happy occasion?” I had, to date, fallen in love 15 times - though I’m pretty sure we weren’t talking about the same level of love. Rexanna seemed to be speaking about something I had not been lucky enough to experience yet in my life. The love I knew was shallower, freely given. I rarely met someone that I didn’t love - or something for that matter.

After regarding her with a tilted head I smiled encouragingly - lifting one of my forelegs and making a ‘do continue’ gesture. “Well why don’t you tell me all about it? If you’ve found love, then why do you spend your time in the cave feeling lonely?” I would sit down on my haunches to further demonstrate my willingness to listen, if she wished to talk, but I was a little worried that if I sat down again I might not be able to get back up so easily. But I was entirely relaxed anyway, watching her with an easy smile and hoping that if she wanted to talk, she’d be comfortable enough with me to do so.
come with me, honey
I'm your sweet sugar candyman
image credits

@Rexanna <33
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
No Scrubs - by Johnny - 01-18-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: No Scrubs - by Rexanna - 01-19-2016, 12:36 AM
RE: No Scrubs - by Johnny - 01-23-2016, 12:30 PM