the Rift

Hiding | [Open]

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit
My eyes have been opened, numerous times, since my arrival in this realm. Helovia, are you out to change the fundamental properties that make who I am? I arrived here, tired and fleeing a past which has confused me, and I am thrown into a world of males, Pegasus and equine, and all things else that might exist under this unbearable Sun. The Edge is wilting, and it is with little surprise that I find it to be a rather empty land. I take my leave of the place, having done my shift of watching the borders. Dirk, my forever-companion, clings to my withers, his little paws gently waving at the flowers that reside amongst my tendrils. There are fewer flowers there this season, the oppressive sunlight having drained a lot of my energy, and evidently a lot of my magic too. But still they permeate their scent, however dimmed, and still I find myself welcomed by most things male. It is something to which I have always been accustomed to, however now I find myself wondering whether they like me simply for my magic, or simply for me. At my old home, such things would never have mattered to me. But here, where I mustn’t pay homage to my Earthly God through sacrificing a mate, I find strange little insecurities about my own self emerging.

Dirk purrs as he dozes atop my withers, and I take us to a cooler part of the lands, seeking out anything to relieve me of this heat. With some curiosity I observe the scent trail of another Edge member, and wouldn’t you know it – another stallion. But I have not met this one directly yet, perhaps only in passing. There is something metallic about his smell, and I follow his trail towards the Arch, enjoying the change in climate, wondering at the land’s ability to maintain ice even amidst such a season. I hear a voice, his voice, ahead of me, but I cannot make out the exact words he speaks. “Hello.” I murmur to the dark brute before me, gentle tones calling ahead as my slender legs approach closer. Nodding my tiara to him, my hazel eyes drink his form greedily. I will admit that he is a fine specimen of the male gender, strong and sturdy in build, certainly one that I would have considered preying upon with my womanly ways in my previous home. As it was, I gave him a small smile, addressing him from one herdmate to another. “I am Lotus, of the Edge. This is Dirk.” Arching my nape I reveal the kitten who hides amongst the strands of mane that linger over my shoulder.

Messages In This Thread
Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 06-14-2012, 10:45 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-14-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 06-15-2012, 01:01 AM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-15-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 06-16-2012, 07:44 AM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-18-2012, 12:26 AM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 06-18-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 07-04-2012, 02:06 AM