the Rift

Hiding | [Open]

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit
The sounds the creature made seemed to be akin to sounds of a biological creature’s life failing. I watched it struggle its way towards us, curious as to its mechanics, but at the same time not bothered if I never found out. Dirk leaned over my shoulder to peer down at it, wonder in his mismatched little eyes, and a small mew echoed from his maw. It was interesting to see this Ulrik stare at his creation so dryly, as if he couldn’t really care whether it worked or not – surely it would work longer if he cared for it, maintained it, even in this heat? But it was not my place to instruct him on how to take care of his toys – for it appeared, that’s all they were. A sly grin crossed my lips and I made to respond to his words on the machine with an echo of his first query to myself.

“What purpose does it serve?” He had mentioned that it had served its intended purpose, but what exactly was that? If he replied in any kind of similar fashion as I had remarked upon my bond with Dirk I would be surprised at his need to inquire after Dirk. Keen flutes awaited his response, but then his gaze became slightly sharp, and he shot me a question with regards to the God whom I have served all my life. I was surprised, almost worried that he had somehow discovered my past, discovered the Amazonian herd I had been raised in, that he might know of my training in finding a suitable mate in order to use him for his goods and then sacrifice his blood to the Earth God… but there was no way for this stallion to know all of that, for none who ventured to my homeland ever left.

“The Earth God has been a guiding figure all my life, while I respect and acknowledge the others that exist, he has marked me as his own, and I will always be his faithful servant.” There was no point in hiding my love for the Earthern arts, and I lowered my tiara a little, though still gazed at his rich tan eyes. They weren’t dissimilar to my own eyes, though the brown in his was more prominent whereas it was the green in mine that was more obvious. I was cautious not out of fear of punishment for my beliefs, but because I knew that our herd was devout to the Moon Goddess, and I was saddened that the Earthly arts might be forgotten. I shook my nape lightly, the scent of the flowers permeating and gathering strongly in the confined space; I wondered if the effects of the pheromones would soften the stallion’s reaction to my words – if they had already had an effect. It was strange to spend extended periods with the male gender, and never know whether they spoke what was truth or what their manly bits told them to speak – a truth experienced by more than just me, I suppose, but certainly more often questioned by one with magic such as I.

It was only after some consideration that I had realised that he had asked his query in such a way that suggested he too was a follower of the Earth. But I was slightly sceptical, and worried, wondering if he was trying to lure me into a trap by setting up a false sense of security within my heart. Surely he wouldn’t do that to me, one of my own herd, and one who possesses blessed abilities of the Earth? Shifting my weight, I was unable to hide my unease for the expected response I might receive.

Messages In This Thread
Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 06-14-2012, 10:45 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-14-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 06-15-2012, 01:01 AM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-15-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 06-16-2012, 07:44 AM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-18-2012, 12:26 AM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 06-18-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Ulrik - 06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: Hiding | [Open] - by Lotus - 07-04-2012, 02:06 AM