the Rift

[OPEN] Time to go

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

He didn't understand why they stayed in the cave so often. He didn't understand fatigue, nor did he understand what his mother had gone through to bring him into the world. All he understood was that he was bored in this cave, his only solace being his mother and the harmless creatures that would sometimes sneak into their home. He liked the bats, and he liked the insects, especially the more he watched them.

There was a particular insect that had been fascinating him as of late. It had lofty pale brown wings with black spots and a pink stripe or two. It was large, and would hang around primarily on the walls, sometimes flittering in or out of the cave, but always returning. He dubbed it Squeak. he had no particular reason for calling it Squeak other than he liked the way it sounded. He was rather disappointed when Squeak left for the day, forcing the boy to find another source of entertainment. Luckily for him, his mother already had something in mind.

The golden boy nodded excitedly at her suggestion, bounding to her side as quickly as he could manage. He was pleased to leave the cave, and once they did so, his navy blue gaze hunted his surroundings for Squeak, or at least, something equally as amusing. He paid little attention to his mother, or who she was talking to, for the boy was intent on finding Squeak.

But she began to address him, and so the boy looked back to his mother, tiny brow furrowed. Had she found Squeak? No, but she had found something as equally as amusing. A taller stallion stood before them, one with exotic green spiraling around his body and protruding from limbs on his shoulders. Rein's mouth fell open, head tilting to one side. He nodded slowly, stepping forward tentatively. He remembered his mother speak of those who could fly, but at the time, he had taken her story as just that: a story.

Yet, standing here was a pegasus. Rein was filled with wonder and excitement, and looked to his mother with a grin. His imagination had practically come to life. "Hi," He murmured shyly, instinctively leaning into the familiarity of his mother's coat. He found solace in her fur, in her scent, making him feel a bit less nervous about meeting the winged one. But despite his nerves being calmed down, he still didn't know what else to say. He almost wanted to ask what flight was like, but didn't at the same time, fearful that this hybrid would let his imagination down.

Fortunately, he didn't have to worry about what to say. Unfortunately, it was because he was being jumped on. The colt let out a squeal of excitement, whirling around to face whoever had approached him properly. He found it was a girl with a coat the color of snow, dipped in a shade similar to his own golden hues. She had a horn, like he did, but also a crown to encompass it. He was taken aback, realizing that this was the first foal he had ever met.

Speaking to someone closer to your own size, he found, was much easier than speaking to someone larger. He nodded eagerly at the girl, smiling widely at her words. "Sure, hi, I'm Rein! I can play if my Mommy says I can," He replied, glancing hopefully at his mother. He mouth please to her over and over again, a pleading gleam in his oceanic gaze. He was sure he could not only keep up with the larger filly, but find quite a bit of adventure in her.

@Ilios @Rexanna @Maui

son of a thief and a priest

Messages In This Thread
Time to go - by Ilios - 01-19-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: Time to go - by Rexanna - 01-21-2016, 12:51 AM
RE: Time to go - by Maui - 01-22-2016, 08:08 AM
RE: Time to go - by Rein - 01-23-2016, 03:23 AM
RE: Time to go - by Ilios - 02-01-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: Time to go - by Rexanna - 02-04-2016, 01:29 AM
RE: Time to go - by Maui - 02-15-2016, 04:47 AM
RE: Time to go - by Rein - 02-21-2016, 03:07 PM