the Rift

[OPEN] Sword less among Pirates(joining)

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse
Daemyn & Mato
Deep inside I know what  am worth;
A life of my own
He had been turned away. The stallion had known he could not beat Ktulu, and had fled. There was no glory in it, but he had left. Even if he had won the stallion would never have felt accepted. He had assumed the mare would always be checking on him. What kind of home made you feel like a prisoner? Daemyn wanted no part in that. He was meant to be happy, to come and go as he pleased not questioned every time he left home. Instead he wondered north. He had been told of a herd there and had set his sights that way. He couldn't remember what he had been told of them, but he saw no reason not to trek there and ask for a home. He would do whatever they needed of him. 'Mato, maybe I'm not cut out to be a warrior after all...' The large black and tan growled his disapproval. The fuzzy hound had no problem moving on, especially if it meant snow, but this self pity was ignorant. You see, he was breed for the frigid  temperatures of the north, with wide paws and a heavy pelt.

The duo moved on silently through the new lands; they had never been this far north before. It wasn't to long until Mato stalked closer to his bonded's legs. The scent of many horses was rich in the beast's muzzle drawing shifting hazel eyes and quivering ears. His tail rose up along with the hair on the nap of his neck. He felt uneasy for some unknown reason. The stallion moved confidently through the snow until two hulking things emerged from the icy. They were monstrous with glowing red eyes. Mato snarled and lowered his head ready to fight for his master. Instead of leaping at them the things stood still and silent. Curiosity flooded the stallion as his lilac eyes gaze quietly up at the things. "What are they?" His voice was a whisper carried away by the breeze. Shaking his head Daemyn raised his head and called out, hoping these people would be more welcoming than Ktulu. Mato on the other hand slowly crept towards the monster on the right sniffing and stiff legged.
"speaking words."
Words:: 371
Tags/OOC:: Someone that can accept him please <3  @Ashamin

image || table
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht
All the old man wants to do is stand around and stuff his face with green - Is that really so much to ask? - but it seems like being so far removed from the other herds makes the Basin something of a curiosity instead of keeping it quietly isolated. One minute there’s a gathering and the next there’s a birthing and now some stranger and his hairy mutt are waltzing all unknowing into the danger zone of Mecha-stallion One and Two.

"He-“ The word almost leaves his mouth, but a perverse sense of wonder chokes it off halfway through. What do the sentinels actually do to trespassers he wonders. One ear tips forward as images pulled straight from the Saturday night movie B-reel flash through his mind; laser beams bursting from the machinations eyes to roast victims alive, a shower of rust and snow tumbling down as they’re mysteriously summoned to life, iron hooves stamping down enemies like homemade doormats...

What little muscle clings to the black’s withered frame tenses in anticipation, ready for the hiss and sizzle of burning flesh, but some innate sense of caution stops the stranger in his tracks and spares him such a fate. Disappointment tightens the old man’s features.

"Come on then ya coward.” Would the sentinels consider that an invitation? He half hoped they wouldn’t. "What is it you want and what is it you have to offer?” He chooses to shout across the border instead of properly approaching (hope still holds that the sentinels attack). He’s of no rank or temperament to accept new members anyway, especially those without the draw of feminine curves.

//

OOC: Just popping in. :)
The Curmudgeon
Image Credit

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The corporal stood upon an outcropping of stone looking over the entrance to the Basin. The sentinels stood watch, looming forms etched with rust and frost. They were constructed from metal and steel, infused with magic to protect the herd when the watchful eyes of the soldiers were turned inwards to what they were protecting, versus threats that would jeopardize their security. But perhaps that was a time that had come and gone as eras typically do. And until she had proof they were still protective, Ki'irha would have to assume they were nothing more than relics of a different time. Since the girl had no faith they would spring to life, she stood at her post dutifully, creating her own sense of safety. She was a corporal. It was her responsibility to the people to ensure they were safe.

Two forms became visible in the distance, their scent preceding them. Silver eyes narrowed as she watched their approach, body stiffening. It was difficult to identify the pair, horse and companion, as far from her as they were. Eyes flicked to the sentinels, a soft snort escaping her. If you wanted something done properly, you should do it yourself.

Pried from her precipice, she began her graceful descent. The blue settled into a trot once she hit flat ground, and it seemed as though someone had beat her to the intercept. A unicorn she didn't recognize, a black stag dipped in copper, stood ahead of her. Did he belong here? But he seemed to approach the newcomers from within the walls of the Basin, so she assumed he belonged to the herd. She was almost impressed by his eagerness to defend the threshold.

However, she was not impressed for long. She scowled as he called out an insult. "That is no way to treat a guest," she reprimanded, slowing as she passed. "Anyways, who is the coward? He approaches our threshold while you stand back and shout at him from the safety of the sentinels."

Slipping away, she did not grant the black and copper buck time to rebuke her statement. Instead, she continued forward as a hospitable host, or a defender expecting answers. She stopped past the sentinels, paying enough respect to the approaching stallion to allow him the opportunity to speak face to face. Her expression did not soften when she saw the flat head of the stranger. His companion was occupied with the hooves of the sentinels, and internally she begged for him to avoid lifting his leg. Her mane fluttered down the nape of her neck as a freezing breeze swept past the pair.

"Stranger," she greeted, voice calm but lacking any warmth. "You have arrived at the border of the Aurora Basin. I am Ki'irha, and serve the Basin as a corporal." She paused, allowing the newcomer to share his name before continuing. "What is your business here? I warn you to watch your tongue, as you are in our home, and you will not find kindness if your answer is incorrect." Perhaps the equine was lost. The Aurora Basin was not known for equality, or kindness towards those who did not wear a crown. The star girl was intolerant, but not merciless. She would happily provide directions to send the buck away to warmer weather and happier places, versus allowing him to wander through the vast north and freeze as Frostfall thundered in.

Talk
@Daemyn @Albrecht ~
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
mortuus nox
The Devil
Wants to make a Deal
His black cracked hooves stretched after he took a step out of his cave. He was not sure what ti day would bring him , but he started heading out of the Basin. His cold eyes scanned the entrance of the mountain herd. They all held horns, and the Basin prided themselves with that fact. Gray eyes caught the figure of two unicorns, so  Nox was the next to walk up to the entrance of the basin. He had come just in time to hear the words of the ass hole that was new to their land. His scared black body come to a halt next to him. His large crowned skull turned and looked at him "You best be careful greeting strangers like that. You might be in for a nasty surprise if you piss off the wrong one. "  His eyes looked to him like stone and his voice felt cold, and harsh dripping with a Latin accent. He saw the star colored mare and continued on past the large lumps of metal that were falling apart. He then scanned over the creature sniffing the hoof of the large metal unicorn. Upon arriving closer to the two standing there his gray orbs looked upon the skull of this unknown horse. He was an Equine, was he Lost? The questioning looks fell upon his face as he halted next to the mare. He first greeted the Corporal  "Hello Ki'irha." his head dipped slightly to her in respect. He knew they never really never saw eye to eye, but he just ignored those times right now. Then cold unforgiving eyes fell upon the Equine.  "I am Mortuus Nox, may I ask are you lost? We don't see your type around here too often. I am sure we can help you figure your way through Helovia. Both me and I am sure Ki'irha is very well versed in the lands around here." His deep voice roared through his chest as he questioned the stags intentions. Why was an equine in their land.

Nox came here to get away from all other species and with an equine showing up out of no where was not a good sign. Surly he did not think he can just waltz in here and be apart of the Basin. Deimos would not allow that... would he? His gray eyes held cold and stone like over his body waiting to see how he would respond to him and the star mare. Hopefully this guy was not high and in his own little world. He was about to get a wake-up call is he thinks he is staying. What if they do allow another species in the Basin? What would happen to the security and integrity of the all Unicorn herd? His black head shook as the frosted breath hovered around his demonic skull.

"Talk."

@Ki'irha
@Albrecht
@Daeymn

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Daemyn & Mato
A life of my own
The stallion stood silently amethyst eyes watching the land between the massive metal things, as his dog sniffed cautiously at the hooves of the things. It wasn't long before another showed up taunting them. Daemyn shrugged it off as Mato walked back to him, on stiff legs anger boiling under the black and tan's pelt. Hazel eyes sparkled dangerously as he looked up the slope towards the hairy scrawny brute. 'I can take him.' Mato growled into Daemyn's head. 'No Mato, wait.' The dog growled softly at his bonded as he wondered what he had done to be glued to such a coward. The stallion gathered his thoughts even as he dipped his head. However, before he could speak a beautiful mare emerged from behind the skinny bay. She was odd and pretty, with her star like pelt long curved horn.

Mato chuckled in his doggy way as she berated the other for being rude. He liked her much better than the bearded stud, but he kept his hair slightly raised in warning and his head lowered slightly. Then another stallion, black as night stepped forward, also reprimanding the rude male. Daemyn listened silently his purple eyes flicking between the three strangers. Sentinels, he assumed that was what the metal horses were called. The stud lowered his gaze to meet the shorter mare's eyes. Her expression was harsh, not as nearly as friendly as her voice. He swallowed hard as Mato backed up a step allowing his thick fur to touch the stallion's legs. They both questioned him, warning him to answer truthfully. Confusion filled him for a moment as he listened to them both. His muscular neck bent lowering his head respectfully. Confusion prickled through him once more, 'Your kind? Mato do you know what he means?' The dog growled low confused himself. He hated being bewildered and talked down to. 'Steady yourself, we do not need a fight against the whole herd.'

Taking a deep breath he let his avalanche voice seep out, "It's a pleasure to meet all of you. I am Daemyn, and this is my companion Mato." He paused and dipped his bare head once more to the two stallions, and the corporal mare. "I have no reason to lie Miss Ki'irha." A soft smile touched his face as his long silver tail swished around his hocks. "I am here seeking a home. I am versed in fighting, and I seek a place among your warriors." Something felt off, they way there were all glaring at him, and accusing him of lying. What was with this herd? What was with the 'your kind' remark Mortuus Nox had given him? The speckled stallion hid his nerves well choosing to look neutral and unassuming. His bright eyes switched between the two before him slowly, wondering what they were thinking, while Mato stood on high alert watching everyone the best he could.
speaking words
Words:: 484
Tags/OOC:: Sorry it took so long! Albrecht Ki'irha @Mortuus Nox

image || table
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Warriors, he snorts to the mares receding back. The only kind of bravery they seem to understand is that of throwing oneself forcibly toward an adversary. "A coward would be tucked safely in bed Corporal, not addressing strangers at the border - shouting or not. Don't mistake my canniness for cowardice." She's still close enough to hear, but he doubts she'll care to listen. The young and brash are like that, parading around believing themselves to be of utmost importance and utterly invincible until the world sees fit to knock them down. He's seen it all before.

Mortuus Nox, the young medic who helped with the gardens (though calling them so is a stretch of the imagination) briefly offers a word of warning before moving on. The old black just stares, unaffected. It's probably good advice, but it's the kind of good advice that takes all the fun out of things.

He listens, barely, as rough introductions are made and words are exchanged. His attentions are busy with eyeing the strangers excessively hairy mutt, thinking that dogs are not nearly far enough removed from wolves despite their aesthetic differences when an uneasy silence breaks his distraction.

"Don't waste your Misses and Sirs on this lot." He indicates the Corporal, the Scourge, and the Basin at large with a sweeping motion of his nose. "They won't have you, versed or not." And he strongly suspects not is the more likely. "Let's play a game son. One of these things is not like the others." His tone suggests humor, but there's something distinctly unkind in the way he emphasizes some words and not others, as if he expects them to have a particular impact on the dewy-eyed stranger.

@Daemyn @Mortuus Nox @Ki'irha

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Noella

The elder rebuked her, and all he received in response was a flicked blue ear. She was not here to argue proper intercept etiquette. But as a voice agreed with her, gruff and lined with a heavy accent, she was caught off guard. She and Nox had quite the history of butting heads, as she disliked his brashness, so to hear him agree with her, ever, was unexpected. His devilish looks seemed to haunt her as he happened upon her nearly constantly, but today she did not mind. She returned his nod, sharing her respects. As the conversation continued, she was glad he was at her side as the unknown Basin stallion continued with his snide onslaught. Though Nox was much more amiable than the bearded brute, he was just as blunt. The pair made it quite clear that the equine was very different from them, and therefore unwelcomed. But despite his lackings, his deference was respectable, and she would certainly be audience to Daemyn's request.

"Daemyn," she repeated, going to far as to return his gesture with her own shallow nod. "Your honesty is appreciated, and therefore I greet you in peace. I'm sure it was quite the journey, as the steppe is unforgiving this time of year." The girl believed that the harsh cold was enough to deter most vagabonds, so those who braved the arctic temperatures usually had strong underlying motives, and their intentions were up to their interceptors to interpret. She continued, diplomatic, her expression soft and friendly. "Though my comrades may not be the most polite about it, their comments are based in fact. Only unicorns live this far north, and unless I'm missing something, you don't seem to meet that requirement."

The star girl circled him, tracing him with a chilled silver gaze. Her head was held proudly, her pacing regal and exact. Though she moved with sophistication fit for a lead instead of a bloodied corporal, there was still no denying she was a predator, a slinking wildcat evaluating her next victim before she pounced. He was taller than her, muscled well, sleeked by a speckled hide. "Tsk, tsk, tsk," she clucked, looking over his wingless sides and bare brow. "You have no sword to aid you, and no wings to give make up for it." Though she did not assess the companion (though remained mindful of the dog, less he decided her proximity to his bonded was threatening and decided to attack) she didn't doubt for a moment he would be a valuable asset in battle. The dog's build indicated he was most likely bred to fight bears or lions, so at least there was that. But a warrior could not, and should not, be defined by his relationship with another creature. Standing alone on a battle field, could the equine be expected to hold his own against adversaries with naturally gifted advantages?

She finally stopped before him, considering the options. Certainly no one would fault her for exiling him away, forcing him from the Basin to retreat back to the unforgiving wilderness. Besides, she did not bear the rank to accept him, even if she wanted to. Still, she had been surprised before, and maybe he did have something to offer. There was plenty of rigorous labor that needed to be done, and the number of those who served beneath her were dwindling.

She was a conniving and cunning woman, determined to both inspire and devastate. The equine's welcoming party had been anything but, and maybe it would diminish his desire to join them in the mountains. Or maybe, it would motivate the stallion to overcome them all, and prove he belonged in a place that desperately prayed for his demise. So the idea she formulated was precise, and no matter the outcome, she would still come out victorious one way or another. She lit the flame, kindled a plan that would be snuffed as soon as it started, or billow into a satisfying bonfire.

She began to turn from him, gesturing with a nod of her head to her fellow northerners that it was time to conclude the meeting and return to the sanctuary of home. "Be gone, Daemyn. You have nothing to offer us, and therefore, your request to join this herd is denied."

As she began to leave, her first few steps were slow, waiting to see if he would try to dispute her conclusion. His persistence would reward him. Now, it was time to see how badly he wanted to be included.

Talk
OOC// Daemyn is free to leave and remain an outcast. Or, he is free to be persistent, and Plan B will activate ;) Also, OMG, sorry for the wait. I thought I already posted this!
@Daemyn @Albrecht @Mortuus Nox ~
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
mortuus nox
The Devil
Wants to make a Deal

A warrior with out a sword. His stone eyes brightened and he let a small chuckle slip through his black maw. Nox looked over the body of the equine. He looked in prime condition and he could be a wonderful fighter, but he would not have a chance in hell joining the Basin. Horned creatures found refuge away from the others in this special Herd. Here they all (Somewhat) respected each other and lived in peace and (some) harmony. His leg cocked as he looked back to the grumpy old man shaking his head when he mentioned that something was missing from the boy.

"I am Mortuus Nox." his crowned skull remained at the same height as he shifted it to the side as the star mare started to speak. She said she appreciated his honesty, and Nox nodded his head with agreement. His gaze castes over to her as she spoke of them not being too polite, like she had any room to talk. He kept his maw shut as she continued about the no horn thing, and was curious what the boy would have to say about everything. "Have you heard of the Aurora Basin? Just wondering because almost everyone knows that we prefer the horned ones." his cold gaze shifted as he stood straighter flicking his lazy tail over his haunches. Then the star mare surprised Nox as she turned quickly to leave. She motioned for him to follow and his large black body started to turn away with hers. She said he was denied to the herd and Nox smiled softly shaking his head . "You are going to have to do more convincing if you want this as your home, the lady is not satisfied. " His pace matched the mare as his thick tail flicked again waiting to see what the stag would say.

"Talk."

@Ki'irha
@Albrecht
@Daeymn

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Daemyn & Mato
A life of my own
The pair watched and listened silently as they hairy male addressed the starry mare. Daemyn's ears flicked at the stud's rude tone and words, causing his pelt to itch. Long silver tresses swept over his twitching back, easing the nerves underneath. Thoughts of what was different swirled within his lonely mind. 'Mato, I know what they mean; look upon their heads.' The beast's hazel eyes moved slowly from one dome to the next taking in the horns. 'Why should that matter?' His mental voice was a low growl anger for being judged egging him on. 'Easy brother. Maybe they just aren't used to equines, we might still stand a chance.' A soft snort blew from the dog's black nose, unwilling to give in. The ebony stallion offered his name and Daemyn carefully dipped his head towards him.

Attention returned to Ki'irah as she dipped her head, a good sign, or so he assumed. He nodded softly in response to her words. It had been a hard and bitter trip up the seemingly never ending mountain, he prayed it would not be in vain. Then she continued confirming his worst suspicions, along with the hairy stud. Instead of being deterred the pair pulled themselves up higher; filled with determination. They stood silently eyeing the closest unicorns, careful to keep his face neutral. Then the black man spoke asking if he had heard of them, "No, I wasn't informed about the Basin's... preferences." Daemyn kept his eyes on the midnight stallion while Mato watched the galaxy mare floppy ears pulled back slightly.

'She moves like a cat; mountain lion.' He dog snarled into the stud's mind showing him a brief image. 'I know, just allow her to do what she does. This is her right, to inspect all that approach, and we are out of our element here.' 'Speak for yourself...' Mato lifted his lip at the mare's disapproving clucking a small growl easing from his lips. 'Just one bite would send her away.' 'No Mato, wait.' He allowed the mare to finish her speaking before allowing his own thunder to rumble, "I might not look like much, considering my bare sides and head. I would do anything for my herd, even if they do not appreciate me." Quieting he turned to look upon the black stallion attempting to meet his eyes before doing the same with the star girl. He allowed her time to think everything over and swished his tail around his legs trying to keep from fidgeting.

He was sire it had only been minutes before she finally spoke again, but it felt like days instead. To his dismay she turned from them slowly her words wafting back to them. Anger swelled uncharacteristically through the stallion's body as the stallion spoke as well. He stepped forward Mato moving forward beside him a snarl dripping form his lips. "Why do you think that? Just because I don't have a horn upon my head?" His voice was dark his temper flaring. "Why should I be faulted so greatly for one thing, when I have many other assets to offer this herd?" His legs kept moving as he spoke easing the flood of red from his vision. Mato growled loudly agreeing with everything his bonded had to offer. Amethyst eyes flashed with his barely controlled rage. "What do I need to do to prove my worth to you?" His growling thunder surprised even the dark dog beside him.

speaking
Words:: 576
Tags/OOC:: Sorry it took so long again xD Albrecht @Ki'irha Mortuus Nox
Daemyn is chasing after them super angry xD

image || table
Please tag Daemyn!

Suddenly the conversation is moving, both physically and metaphorically. The Corporal goes stomping off in her usual manner, nose so far up her own ass that he wonders how she takes in enough oxygen to survive let alone swagger in such a way, with the Scourge at her side and the newcomer hanging at their flanks, visibly bristled and game to take on whatever challenges they have in store.

The old man stands immobile, flicking his tail from side to side in thought. He wonders if the boy and his dog will be able to carve out some manner of respect here or if they'll just be another sad story to spread the Basin's negative reputation. Dewy-eyes better not have been lying about his experience in battle, as it might be the only thing that saves him now. Albrecht can see the determination in their eyes - all of them - and he wonders whether the established members of the herd would accept a change of heart for someone they’ve so easily written off, regardless of his achievements. With their deep set quirks and biases, the Reapers herd is a frustratingly irrational bunch.

He watches the group shrink away, disinterested in following. He’d come here to fill his stomach and fill his stomach is exactly what he's going to do. Reaching down to snatch a mouthful of thick, green blades, he shakes his head and neck dismissively. A strangers worldly obstacles are no concern of his, but who doesn't love a good underdog story?

OOC // Alby out. @Ki'irha @Mortuus Nox @Daemyn

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Noella

As he retorted, she heard it. Despite the insults, despite the honesty of the Aurora Basin's exclusive and intolerant past, despite her telling him he wasn't worth her time, he remained. The equine stallion was steadfast and eager. And though she couldn't see the red that rimmed his vision, or feel the anger that she had set ablaze, she could hear in his voice and chosen words that he had passion.

She paused, halting her retreat and turning back towards him, before answering his initial comment. "The Basin has nearly always been occupied by unicorns. Whether or not it is personal preference..." She trailed off, narrow shoulders shrugging in a dismissive manner. She had been conflicted by her own feelings about those who were different than her, but she knew there were members here who had no intolerance. She thought of Ashamin, who had brought the pegasus girl. Zahra had been met warmly enough. Perhaps the steady passing of time was enough to erode the deeply carved laws of the land. "It's just how it's always been."

He continued to follow, to fight for himself. He did not resort to obscenities, nor did he insult her or her herd. A growl slipped through his companions tightened jaws, and though the noise was unsettling in the uneasy air, she didn't allow concern to settle. As long as the shaggy dog remained in his place, she would pay no mind to his defensive stature. The corporal listened on, allowing the equine to plead his case. As Nox continued to share his opinions, regardless of whether or not they were shared by the star girl, it seemed to, reasonably, hit a nerve within the equine buck. The volume of their diplomatic exchange was slowly rising, and as Daemyn began to toe the line of unruly and Mato began to growl more fervently, Ki'irha stepped between the pair and her scourge.

Her jaw clenched, carving deep lines of sternness into her face. "That is enough," she spoke, words steady and firm. Eyes glanced at the dog that snarled at the equine's hooves, before returning to the amethyst jewels that were pressed into the stallion's face. Her words weren't meant for him alone, as Nox was treading a thin line that bordered total disrespect. But Nox was still a member of this herd, and as voices became raised, she knew it was time to deescalate the situation before it turned into a brawl.

"You should not be faulted for the body you were born with. We asked for the horns upon our heads no more than your dog asked for his fur, nor you for the spots upon your back. The standards this herd has held, whether or not they are right, has been upheld since the first unicorn placed foot within the valley." She waited a moment, hopefully allowing the hostility to disperse into the cold air. Perhaps he could offer something. They so desperately needed soldiers, and if he was eager to prove his worth, than he should be allowed the opportunity. "You will be the first of your kind to find family within this herd. It will not be easy, as many hold the same beliefs as these two who stand beside me. But if you are willing to weigh yourself against those odds, I am sure you will find what you are looking for here. However, I an unsure of how you will attempt to prove yourself to so many who want you to fail."

She considered several options, wondering how to offer the stag an opportunity to show what he could offer. The only thing she truly knew, based upon the efforts she had made to train herself to be a keen warrior, was the art of battle. The way he would dance with her, the way his body moved and his blows were laid would show her whether or not it was worth defending his merit to those who wished to deny his acceptance. A smile drew at the corners of her lips, softening the hardness that had previously consumed her features.

"Fight me," she purred, voice like velvet. "Your worth isn't what I question. It's your capabilities. If you wish to enter our home, unarmed and bare, you must prove to me you can stand your own." She knew who she was, and what she was capable of. There would be no hard feelings, no fear of harming a loved one or one who she was obligated to protect. It would be a good time to stretch her legs and return to her potential. And should she be defeated? It would still be a proud moment, and she would be grateful to add such a capable warrior to her ranks. Talk"Come Birdsong, meet me here again. Perhaps in your wanderings you will find a better, easier option, though I hope your desire to remain here will encourage you to return."

She dipped her head to the stallion, and shared a nod with the bristling canine. "Until the next time we meet, I bid you farewell, Daemyn. Should you return, you will find a challenge waiting, and should you decide to remain away, I still wish you the best of luck." The blue girl turned and began her return to her post. Over her shoulder she tossed her final remarks. "Godspeed, friend, I hope to see you soon."

With that, Ki'irha was gone, leaving the stallion to consider his options.

I said he could meet her come birdsong since it'll make sense with the timeline. Sorry for the wait, I hope it's worth it! Feel free to start the spar/challenge to allow him into the Basin. Whether it is a spar or a challenge is up to you, though I prefer a spar with perhaps a shortened timeline, but it's totally up to you. If you'd like me to start it, just send me a PM and I'll get it up ASAP. As long as it's Birdsong IC per the sidebar, anytime is good!
@Daemyn @Mortuus Nox ~
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo