the Rift

[OPEN] Sword less among Pirates(joining)

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

The elder rebuked her, and all he received in response was a flicked blue ear. She was not here to argue proper intercept etiquette. But as a voice agreed with her, gruff and lined with a heavy accent, she was caught off guard. She and Nox had quite the history of butting heads, as she disliked his brashness, so to hear him agree with her, ever, was unexpected. His devilish looks seemed to haunt her as he happened upon her nearly constantly, but today she did not mind. She returned his nod, sharing her respects. As the conversation continued, she was glad he was at her side as the unknown Basin stallion continued with his snide onslaught. Though Nox was much more amiable than the bearded brute, he was just as blunt. The pair made it quite clear that the equine was very different from them, and therefore unwelcomed. But despite his lackings, his deference was respectable, and she would certainly be audience to Daemyn's request.

"Daemyn," she repeated, going to far as to return his gesture with her own shallow nod. "Your honesty is appreciated, and therefore I greet you in peace. I'm sure it was quite the journey, as the steppe is unforgiving this time of year." The girl believed that the harsh cold was enough to deter most vagabonds, so those who braved the arctic temperatures usually had strong underlying motives, and their intentions were up to their interceptors to interpret. She continued, diplomatic, her expression soft and friendly. "Though my comrades may not be the most polite about it, their comments are based in fact. Only unicorns live this far north, and unless I'm missing something, you don't seem to meet that requirement."

The star girl circled him, tracing him with a chilled silver gaze. Her head was held proudly, her pacing regal and exact. Though she moved with sophistication fit for a lead instead of a bloodied corporal, there was still no denying she was a predator, a slinking wildcat evaluating her next victim before she pounced. He was taller than her, muscled well, sleeked by a speckled hide. "Tsk, tsk, tsk," she clucked, looking over his wingless sides and bare brow. "You have no sword to aid you, and no wings to give make up for it." Though she did not assess the companion (though remained mindful of the dog, less he decided her proximity to his bonded was threatening and decided to attack) she didn't doubt for a moment he would be a valuable asset in battle. The dog's build indicated he was most likely bred to fight bears or lions, so at least there was that. But a warrior could not, and should not, be defined by his relationship with another creature. Standing alone on a battle field, could the equine be expected to hold his own against adversaries with naturally gifted advantages?

She finally stopped before him, considering the options. Certainly no one would fault her for exiling him away, forcing him from the Basin to retreat back to the unforgiving wilderness. Besides, she did not bear the rank to accept him, even if she wanted to. Still, she had been surprised before, and maybe he did have something to offer. There was plenty of rigorous labor that needed to be done, and the number of those who served beneath her were dwindling.

She was a conniving and cunning woman, determined to both inspire and devastate. The equine's welcoming party had been anything but, and maybe it would diminish his desire to join them in the mountains. Or maybe, it would motivate the stallion to overcome them all, and prove he belonged in a place that desperately prayed for his demise. So the idea she formulated was precise, and no matter the outcome, she would still come out victorious one way or another. She lit the flame, kindled a plan that would be snuffed as soon as it started, or billow into a satisfying bonfire.

She began to turn from him, gesturing with a nod of her head to her fellow northerners that it was time to conclude the meeting and return to the sanctuary of home. "Be gone, Daemyn. You have nothing to offer us, and therefore, your request to join this herd is denied."

As she began to leave, her first few steps were slow, waiting to see if he would try to dispute her conclusion. His persistence would reward him. Now, it was time to see how badly he wanted to be included.

Talk
OOC// Daemyn is free to leave and remain an outcast. Or, he is free to be persistent, and Plan B will activate ;) Also, OMG, sorry for the wait. I thought I already posted this!
@Daemyn @Albrecht @Mortuus Nox ~
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Sword less among Pirates(joining) - by Daemyn - 01-20-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Sword less among Pirates(joining) - by Daemyn - 02-04-2016, 01:30 AM
RE: Sword less among Pirates(joining) - by Ki'irha - 02-12-2016, 01:33 PM
RE: Sword less among Pirates(joining) - by Daemyn - 03-17-2016, 01:55 AM