the Rift

[OPEN] Permanent in the Temporary Way

Demothi Posts: 14
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 5
Adoptable
[Image: pagebreak-2.png]
[Image: 56a1b886415fd]

"Unlikely to find another this late," Demothi stilled in his pacing at the sound of another voice. He was annoyed that his thoughts were interrupted. The stallion would like to be asleep. But some did not have the time to rest, "and I was taught not to believe in coincidences." Now his annoyance was wed to an equal amount of intrigue. Demothi turned to face the one who had spoken, "You were taught well. To believe in coincidences is to insult fate's handiwork and she simply does not such mannerisms lightly."

"Rikyn, once of the Aurora Basin, perhaps still. I have not decided." A perfectly straight smile dashed across Demothi's features. He turned to face the one who called himself Rikyn. "Demothi. I also was once a member of the Basin. Briefly. Decided that there are better things to be done elsewhere." The stallion just had to figure out what those better things were. Demothi knew he could be better than a simple citizen. As he spoke Demothi closed the distance between he and Rikyn. "Tell me, what has moved you from the herd?" He asked the question with a brow raised and a corner of his mouth turned up.

"The reason you met me is so that I can tell you this: if you have to debate about something then it is not what you want." Demothi fell easily into speaking with the boy. He had heard enough from him to have decided his was worth the time to chat with. "Do not chase possibilities, they are no more than ghosts." Once Demothi himself had sought after the same ghosts that he warned Rikyn of. It was at least one thing he had lived long enough to regret.

His tumor had fed upon memories. Perhaps that was why it had grown so quickly. It had gorged itself on every memory of his life before its coming. Demothi had remained close to those who claimed to be family and friends until he could no longer take being told what he did and did not like or who he loved. He was driven mad by the pity that they gave. Leaving love behind Demothi moved on to make memories that would be his to carry and to make sure that he was remembered even after his death. To be forgotten would be truly worse than death.

[Image: pagebreak-2.png]
I am loving this thread already! Thanks for dropping in. I need to get Demothi active again and this is really helping.

I like being tagged! If not I sometimes don't notice a reply.

Messages In This Thread
Permanent in the Temporary Way - by Demothi - 01-22-2016, 02:23 AM
RE: Permanent in the Temporary Way - by Rikyn - 01-28-2016, 01:45 PM
RE: Permanent in the Temporary Way - by Demothi - 01-29-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: Permanent in the Temporary Way - by Rikyn - 01-30-2016, 01:27 PM
RE: Permanent in the Temporary Way - by Demothi - 02-04-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Permanent in the Temporary Way - by Rikyn - 02-05-2016, 01:18 PM