the Rift

they left roses on corpses to cover the smell [Open Spar]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Blind, her mind kept screaming, as her eyes blinked uselessly, blind! it wailed, it cried into the darkness, as her tiara continued trying to shake the ailment away; but it would not budge. How long had she been handicapped so? How long would it last? Panic filled her - what if the last thing she was to ever see was the darkness of the night, the tall, thick timbers beside her, blocking her view from the stars and moon above?

No, she raged, even as she felt her whip meet flesh, as she heard the cry of pain its touch surely caused. Over her shoulder she threw a glance, but it was useless - her sight still had not returned, and she internally wailed all over again at the thought that it might never return. Amaris the Blind, Amaris the Fool, she berated herself, as she pushed herself painfully onwards. The strain on her hip was nearly unbearable - but to stop now would be to die, and this queen might be blind but she had no intentions of dying tonight.

If she could see what she was fighting, perhaps Amaris-the-Mare would have made herself run away, forced herself into the skies despite the coverage of branches and trees, as it was; she was blind, and utterly ruled by the prideful, vain queen within. There was no backing down, no bowing out of this - there was only blood-lust and survival of the fittest.

And Amaris-the-Queen would settle for nothing less than being the fittest.

A growl, deep and rumbling, crooned in her chest, as she knew that it was her ambling, lame gait that allowed the beast to catch her again. Try as she might to lean to her right, away from him, his snaking, savage attack still grabbed at the skin of her flank and pinched until it bruised, pulling back sharply to tear, rip, shred the sensitive skin. Amaris thought the night was cold, but as her warm blood trickled down her thigh, it felt like fire dancing down her flesh.

Fire, Amaris-the-Queen thought, and suddenly, there was fire burning through the very fibres of her soul - Amaris pulled on the magic of her being and then there was a very real, very red dragon-soul glowing. It came screaming and shimmering (though she was still blind to its beautiful existence), and it aimed itself directly for the monster's pinkish gaze, wanting to blind him, startle him with its bright brilliance.

It started at the edges, a soft glow, a hint, a whisper of a wish - her sight was returning - and she used the red soul's light to focus on, and celebrated internally its sheer, simple existence. Amaris kept her hindquarters turning to the right, away from where this beast, this cretin, had so savagely kissed her, so that her injured side was further away from him. It was a slow, inelegant motion, and during it, she called upon another friend, another soul from the great beyond, to return and aid her cause here this evening.

FIRE! the thought boomed through the pseudo-bond she created with the green that burst into life, swooping to attempt and position itself behind the hulking form of Knox, and spewed forth very real flames of dragonfire. It wanted to engulf the beast, to consume it and reduce it to ashes - and the queen within Amaris revelled in the sight of the fire, the feeling of it surging through her.

The stench of death was thick in her nostrils - the body of a badger laid to her right, but it only added fuel to the flames that burned, that raged on within the queen dragonmare. Nothing would stop her, nothing could contain her, not once she was awoken - and she was very much awake now.

635 words
2/3 attack posts
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: they left roses on corpses to cover the smell [Open Spar] - by Amaris - 02-21-2016, 03:44 AM