the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
don't get lost in my lyrics
you won't find your way out

He does not answer, does not speak a single word, and Aisling finds herself intrigued by this colt that defies her expectations. Every child she had ever encountered, including herself and her brothers had been quick to chatter and quicker to play; tiny containers with boundless energy inside. She herself had been and endless font of questions and giggles in her youth and yet this little one is quiet and subdued. Poor lad, what ever has got you so done this early in your young life? The boy nods despondently, and the faerie's eyes narrow in a rather maternal concern. Study emotion, the Sun had said, but she would have gladly given up an opportunity for her "studies" in order to find a happy child.

If ever there was a sure way to banish sadness from Aisling's mind it was to find it in another. Her emotions were always flighty things, easily picked up and laid down but if there was a choice to be made she desire was always for the good over the bad. She had a drive to brighten, to uplift those around her and though she found herself jealous of joy or love in other's lives she could never revel in their misery.

He moves away and she falls in step, even if he had tried to refuse her company she might have pushed. How could she walk away now, from a boy who needed cheering up?  Even if he hadn't been alone in the woods it would have been unacceptable. So she took the place beside him, listening as he echoed a few noted of the old song. An odd way to make a connection perhaps, but she smiled warmly at the boy when he let the notes trail off and looked back. Aisling gave an encouraging nod, Where you go, I'll follow. 

"It's an old song my gran used to sing." She starts, keeping her voice gentle. "It's about a lad who flees his home and the girl he leaves behind. 'Tis a bit of a sad tale and it  seems it always comes back to me when I'm feeling down." She lets the silence carry them on for a moment, taking slow, strolling steps and waiting for him to speak up. "I hope you've not left your home lad, tis not all it's made out to be." Perhaps she shouldn't have left her own island... She'd been wondering about that as of late. She'd struck out adventure but would it not be better to go home having found none?

"."
[ooc: @Milo I didn't realize I forgot to put it in before but this it the song she was signing.]

art by imi
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 01-26-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 01-29-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 02-04-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 02-09-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 02-18-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 03-05-2016, 11:14 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 04-01-2016, 09:35 PM