the Rift

of the storm [open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 13z190.png]

SVETLANA
the wild card

A storm was coming. I could scent it, feel it in the swirling wind that rippled the snow in waves like an ocean. It was gathering, building strength, like a tsunami. Another surging wind escaped out of the claws of the beast itself, snarling and roaring across the white foothills. A layer of ice pellets hissed across the cream field, tiny bullets that scraped at my jet legs. My wings arced outwards, half-open, half-closed, as I wrestled with my proud mind. Only a fool, after all, would take to the bruised clouds above, the dark smears that flickered with tongues of white. Fool I was, I leaped from the hill, raven wings expanding, unfurling ebony sails. For a few minutes I was ascending swiftly, my muscles tightening and pulling, my wings working hard to pull up my iron-gray body. A gust of wind snapped at me, playing with my black and white locks, lifting my tail, entwining crude fingers in my wings. I banked to the wind, and for a brief moment I was horizontal, side-ways. My onyx wings, little cutouts of the night, gave a sturdy down-stroke and I balanced out, playfully testing out the dusk's storm. I flew higher, until I was at the belly of the storm. Surprisingly, all was silent. The boom of thunder roared in my ears as I had entered, but once I stayed inside this little cocoon, everything was muffled, murkish, as if I was underwater. Black wings arched to scoop up the air, keeping me aloft, gliding easily at the eye of the storm. I was a seasoned flier, a seasoned warrior, and a soon-to-be leader. At least, that's what I told myself. I wouldn't lie- I was ambitious, hungry, and not exactly humble. Could a leader who was struck by demons rule? I didn't know. But if they weren't, well, I would be the first.

I am Svetlana. I will be the queen.

A low rumble broke my musings. Snow flickered around me, big wet flakes bordering on rain. But the crashing lightning did not dare to touch me. I was the lightning child. But still, my wings, unused to such hard work, were beginning to weaken. Damn. I better start flying more. I snapped my wings shut, and I shot out of the thunderstorm faster than any hawk, wind snapping my mane, ice and snow blinding me. My wings shot out, muscles straining to pull me out of the dive, and my obsidian hooves scraped ice. I gained in altitude- a hundred feet, two hundred, before circling downwards, landing with a soft sigh. Down here, the scent of lightning did not permeate the air, only the white scent of falling snow.

""

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

The scholarly steed roamed around the Foothill's, his new position of Diplomat hadn't demanded much of him yet but he was sure it was only a matter of time. The position had given him the feel of a new kind of authority, something he'd never had before. He found it strange at first but now found himself fitting into the role better, his mind fit for the task Paladin expected of him. The Foothill's was a very quiet place, nothing much happened of note apart from the war that took place to the west in the Worlds Edge. His brother had gone there too. Evers missed Archibald, the big brutish stallion was fun to be around and it worried him that he hadn't seen him since the battle had begun. Was he okay? He would have to try and find him. Maybe Vincent would know.

The wind picked up a flicked his already pitiful tail that now swung with life. A storm was coming. Evers placed a worried frown to the horizon and was about to move when he spotted a movement in the distance. Figuring he should go warn the femme, Evers moved off in the direction of Svetlana. He was almost half way to her when she outstretched her obsidian wings and took off into the air. "Wait! What are you doing?!" The little blue panicked for her safety and hoped to every god that she would come down soon. Rumbles began and lightening lit up the angry sky as snow fell from it's bosom, landing in wet patches on his fur and horns.

She was harder to locate now, the snow blurring his vision somewhat as he took shelter under a nearby tree. Not that it helped much, the trees were all already dead in Frostfalls wake but it was better than in the open. He huddled into the tree and hoped she's come down soon. A swoop of wings answered his hopes as he watched her land upon the ground, a sigh relieving him from worry. Evers could not begin to understand the minds of pegasus', why would you want to fly so high up in a storm? The blue took another breath and gathered his wits before walking steadily towards the windswept mare, his white socks blending in with the cold earth.

"Are you okay?" A small voice escaped his lips as he enquired after her well being. The femme's body was perhaps a little taller than his own but her wings more than made up for what her body lacked in size. She was beautiful with her coat like silver turning to black at the legs. Walking up to her now Evers felt like a mouse in comparison but kept an undisturbed face, wondering silently how she was born with eyes like the black abyss.

[Image: everstable.png]

Unregistered
[Image: 13z190.png]

SVETLANA
the wild card

There's a horse when I land. I close my wings, black lining silver. Dark eyes, indeed an abyss, sparkle with an intense, playful, bordering psychotic light. He is a plain horse, but one I immediately take to with my good mood. Alongside this, he immediately expresses concern for me. I do appreciate that small consolation to adrenaline-stoked body.

"I'm alright. Nothing like a good fly through a storm to get your spirits up. Svetlana, by the way." I savor my name on my tongue, wild pride tossing inside. One day, everyone will know my name. Black wings rustle again as I take a couple more steps closer to the stallion. Although his coat is darkened by snow, four white socks remain prominent, and his tail is thin and worn. The flavor of Foothills hang around him, with a soft inhale, I can scent all the individual fibers to the welcoming smell. A strand of nervousness, maybe.

I shake my head, taking a step back. Unlike my herdland, running forward to greet or spar is strangers is condoned here. Simply unheard of, I think. Plus, the dark eyes, which in my home are the eyes of night, a revered sign, is normally a push-off to strangers. With one obsidian hoof, I crush a piece of ice. I am in a very good mood. I've always been rather the extremist- I have two gears. Overload and underload. Snow kisses the ground, layering the world in a soft white sheen. It is glorious, magnificent, so beautiful in this landscape. How I want to lead it, to be followed, to be respected. But I would not take it with a strong hand, however- I would prefer to be chosen, thrown into glory.

""

Hidden Account

Evers bashfully looked at the wild mare who confirmed his former thoughts on the strange ways of the winged and their need to ride the sky. She was beautiful and wasn't a least bit shy of speaking freely to him her name, Svetlana. He rolled it round in his mind a pondered over its strangeness, in the end he decided his own name looked decidedly plain next to hers but it was courtesy to offer it back. "a pleasure brave Svetlana. I'm Evers the herd's Diplomat." The blue had to stop himself from laughing nervously, when it came to fighting storms anyone would be far braver that the poor little Evers. Didn't anyone know how to play a simple game of chess anymore?

He angled his way out from under the shelter he had taken to stand face to face with the mare. Stray snowflakes sticking to his roan pelt. She looked like a warrior princess one would tell stories about to their foals, Archibald would most likely take a liking to her or want to challenge her. He didn't understand the minds of warriors, their brains left in the same place as their flying hoof. Evers admired bravery when he saw it, however.

There was silence and Evers pondered over what to say next, the rush of the storm taking away his own adreneline. "I haven't seen you around before, do you enjoy being in the Foothills?" His question was genuine, the place had been rather quiet recently and he often wondered what others thought of it's emptiness. Many had gone to war in the Edge but most had stayed, each in their own little world. A word said in greeting here or there, like the land was just waiting to be plunged back into chaos.

[sorry for the wait! ^^]

[Image: everstable.png]

Unregistered

SVETLANA
shadow kissed
moonlight dipped
oh so fine, oh so noble

I shuffled my wings, and despite their soreness, I still longed to take to the sky, despite the intriguing stallion before me who seemed to hold a thousand secrets to my adrenaline-pumped mind. Evers. That was a nice name. I savored it in my mind, exploring it. Evers. The name of one could sculpt many actions. And a scholar too! I wasn't scholar, more warrior, but I wasn't stupid either- a brain is worth a thousand soldiers. The stallion requested after my happiness at the Foothills, and I grin. Dark eyes sparkle with not so much youth, rather excitement and pure joy. From what I can remember, my mother had always said within the dark of my eyes a hundred secrets seemed to hide, and they were perhaps my best feature, despite my exquisite beauty.

"Ah, I do enjoy the Foothills. I only long I could perhaps serve them more, to prove myself. I am an untried filly in the middle of a hundred minds, it seems. I must say, as you are a scholar, I have always valued a good mind. A brain is worth a thousand soldiers, as my father has always told me. It is my pleasure to meet you, Evers."

I reach out, gently as to not startle the scholar, and blow out through my nostrils. Such a custom in my old home meant something along the lines of 'I shall hold your back and honor your word'. Something similar to that. Although Saveliy, the unicorn I had met, had been quite disturbed by this gesture of friendship. Perhaps I forget myself, so I withdraw from his space.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account

Small hooves shuffled forwards to return the unknown greeting, his nose timidly returning the blow and his eyes reflecting the wonder he found in her presence. The reply she gave provided little to diminish his intrigue, his eyes softening as she seemed to understand him right off the bat. Normally he would be treated as nothing but a fumbling scholar searching for nonsensical knowledge and not really important for anything. At least, he was sure that was what his mother thought. His brothers were his only comfort and in turn he was theirs. She withdrew, apparently thinking better of it and Evers offered his own friendship through words.

"Thank you, not many are so quick to understand me." His small voice hid nothing of his surprise and gratitude, although he found it hard to believe that she was simply an 'untried filly'. There was something more about her, something that screamed a greater destiny. Evers knew this wasn't the last he would hear the name Svetlana, it wouldn't take her too long to impress on their herd leader. The skinny blue wondered if she too would be going for the elections, even though they had no pegasus, he felt she had the necessary strength to take on the pegasus role that Paladin had left open.

"You don't do yourself justice, something tells me you will be greater than you think, Svetlana." A shy smile played around his dark lips as he stopped talking, boldness had never been something he was very good at.

Image Credits

Unregistered

S.v.e.t.l.a.n.A
je aime un crow

Evers was a gem. He was so sweet, so seemingly innocent. I enjoyed his presence greatly. I hoped, I did so very hope, that he remains this way, and that we should become good friends. I've never meet a horse like him. Never. I glance towards the storm-laden skies, ruffle my black wings. Each primary, each feather, is etched in sparkling silver frost. Too bad I cannot fly with my wings in this condition. Alas! I shall have to wait for the summer storms where the rain falls hard and long, splattering my pelt and cold chilling me to my very bones, where the black cat gives a purr before striking with the golden-white claw against her velveteen spread.

"Evers, have you always been so fine-tongued?" I laugh, my eyes sparkling at his compliment. I know it's vain of me, but he gives me such a feeling! A feeling I have only met with Saveliy... instant like. I ruffle my ice-spiked wings, swish my black tail, and move only a tiny bit closer. "Frostfall has been bitter this year." I comment, staring at the snow-topped hills. My eyes comb over their silver surfaces, their dulled white flickering with the shadow of the storm. The snow picks up, whirling around us, engulfing us in a white hand. Despite its strength, I still seem him well.

""