the Rift

[OPEN] I'm a leaf on the wind

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

He turns his head back, smiling slightly as she talks about Morham. There’s something about that smile that reassures her, and she doesn’t feel like she’s just boring him. Instead, he seems to really listen as they walk, and she’s strangely glad to be talking about her home. Perhaps it should make her sad, but instead, she finds it cathartic in a way. Her past had happened, and she doesn’t want to pretend otherwise.

She just doesn’t entirely want to think of the family she lost. But the forests still make her smile, and she doesn’t mind the thought of the landscape so much. Not here, comforted in this new and different and yet lovely forest. Not with Apollo for company, telling her that Morham sounds like a beautiful place. “It is. Though so is Helovia, from what I’ve seen.”

She offers him a smile in return as he glances back again, before they both return their attention to the path ahead. She follows him more than the land, mimicking his footsteps. Though she glances down every few feet as well, orienting herself to any upturned roots or particularly large rocks. But she finds that watching him, and of course Zola, catches her attention.

The feline had turned around now, and Lyanna can see the cat better now than before. She hadn’t noticed, till now, that the feline had no eyes. Did she see through Apollo’s eyes then? After all, she knew about Lyanna’s wings. So she must see somehow. Though Lyanna isn’t entirely sure how. Morham didn’t have companions really. And yet she’d already seem quite a few in Helovia.

Apollo slows, and Lyanna’s thoughts drift from Zola to the landscape.  Her eyes drift up first, examining the massive fir that stands before them, branches large and protective above them. Her eyes drift back down the trunk, focusing on the pond and the shimmer red rocks sitting beneath the water. They look like gems, glimmering in the bits of sun that filter through the trees. She takes a step forward, lowering her nose toward the pond to get a better view of the rocks beneath.

She pulls her head back up, turning to face Apollo as he speaks. Her smile is small, but happy, her eyes dancing betraying her joy even more than her smile. “It’s amazing,” she says, meaning it. There’d be nothing quite like this in Morham. At least, nothing that other horses hadn’t purposefully created. There’d been plenty of splendor in the heart of the kingdom. But it had been created by years of royalty and though magical means, in order to impress visitors and show off the strength of the kingdom.

But this seems simply like a work of nature. More beautiful by far than anything the builders in Morham had come up with. “A specter of a stag?” She asks, curious about the nature of magic in Helovia and by no means questioning his story. “Do thinks like that happen often here? Or were you singled out? I can see why the Gods would grant you the power to heal. No one seems more deserving of that.”

And she means it. Because he is kind and gentle, and she doesn’t doubt that these two attributes permeate to his very core. She could be wrong, of course, but she can find no hint otherwise in him.

ooc | they make me happy too!

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Apollo

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 01-31-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 02-01-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 02-01-2016, 06:14 PM