the Rift

[OPEN] I'm a leaf on the wind

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Apollo hummed beneath his breath in soft affirmation. The jeweled healer's honey-brown eyes were soft with reminiscent memories as he thought back to that time, many years ago, waking amidst the middle of the night, summoned from sleep by a God-like voice... It had not been his first venture into the unknown, as he also recalled the time that he and Midas had ventured into the underworld land to save the life of the ill Jackelope, but he would not speak of that. No... The memories of his golden brother, of the late Gallant, were far too painful.

They would be raw, festering like an open, infected wound, for a long, long time. No healer would be able to relieve him of such loss...

Choking back a swallow, the Merciful turned his head away from the impressive fir tree and took a step back, hooves scraping amidst the dirt and foliage as he instead directed his warm gaze to Lyanna. Her words are kind and genuine, and the stallion felt himself grow flustered under her compliments.

"Thank you, m'lady, your words are incredibly kind," he murmured in response, briefly wondering if Lyanna was simply stating such things to be nice, but her expression lacked any tomfoolery and her jeweled eyes spoke volumes of sincerity that warmed the Merciful's tired heart, "Things like that aren't rare in Helovia, but they do not happen consistently enough for there to be a pattern. I believe that I was singled out by the Stag... His gift to me has been more valuable than I could've ever imagined. I have served Helovia as a Medic of the Earth God, as well as a Chief of the Earth God's land, and now, I am back to serving Father Earth as a healer within the Hidden Falls."

Not the Foothills... Never would the Hidden Falls be the rolling hills that he had once served as Chief. The Windtossed Foothills were a thing of the past; lost and buried beneath the thriving land of the Hidden Falls.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude..." Here, Apollo chuckled, a warm, mirthful sound beneath his throat, "Do you call a land here home, miss Lyanna? The Throat, perhaps? Or the World's Edge?" Another familiar home, for he had lived upon the misty cliff-side for many seasons as well. He doubted she lived within the Basin, for the rumors of their crudeness towards outsiders and winged species far preceded them.

Standing here, beneath the ancient, wise old fir tree and above the crystal clear, sparkling depths of the pond, Apollo felt his heart lighten once more. He felt at east, at peace, warmed by Lyanna's presence. She seemed to be an old soul, like himself, and he wondered if this meeting would be the last time that they saw one another. Hopefully it wouldn't be.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 01-31-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 02-01-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 02-01-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 02-04-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 02-04-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 02-05-2016, 02:35 PM