[OPEN] I'm a leaf on the wind

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Her words were soothing to his ears.

'You aren't rude at all. I'm enjoying the story.' Warm, earnest, genuine... Her words were true, her tone letting him know that his inquiries weren't foolish or rude. Good. Wonderful. Lyanna seemed a gentle sort, a true sort, a kind-heart amidst the toying, untrue, or sly ways of many Helovians. Her next question is spoken with that same heartfelt curiosity, and Apollo's eyes shine with warmth as he speaks.

"Of a sort, yes," the Merciful answers after a moment, the deep baritone of his voice jovial and light, "We all work under Father Earth to keep his land safe, yes, but not everyone in our herd worships him. Do you understand? I follow Father Earth because I adore him and his pacifist teachings, and everything he has done, but others follow the God of the Sun, the God of the Spark, or Goddess of the Moon. It all depends on what is in their hearts." He hoped that his explanation was satisfactory, and that Lyanna understood them well enough. Simply because one lived within a certain herd did not always mean that they followed the teaching of that herd's respective divine.

It is then that Lyanna explained where she called home, and Apollo found himself pleased that she had been taken into the protective folds of the World's Edge. Ah, good. They would take care of her there, in the land of the swirling mists. She speaks of an 'Elsa', and the name triggers a pretty face in the overo's keen memory, and he nodded.

"I believe I know of Elsa," Apollo murmured in explanation, a smile upturning dark lips and honey-brown eyes filled with genuine pleasure, oculars locked on Lyanna's noble frame, "But I'm familiar with the World's Edge. I called it home as well, for some time many seasons ago. It is very beautiful there, and I believe you'll enjoy it."

Upon the stallion's ebonite rump, Zola continued to 'watch' Lyanna, ever so curious about the dark mare with the ivory mane and tail. The kit enjoyed her presence and the calm demeanor she seemed to invoke within Apollo, for it had been far too long since her bond-mate had been at peace within himself.

Lifting his hooves, the overo stag approached the glistening pool of water and lowered his head, indulging in a short drink to quench his parched throat. His eyes caught the glistening ruby-colored stones in the bottom of the pool, and furtively his gaze flicked back to the ivory-maned beauty, and feeling rather bold, the Merciful held his breath, stuck his striped face deeper within the depths of the chilly pool, and caught up a ruby stone within his teeth. Lifting his head, he shook the droplets from his muzzle, and with a wide smile, - that surely looked incredibly goofy given the fact that he clutched a crimson-colored stone within his teeth -, set the stone down in front of Lyanna.

Lifting his head, he smiled, his expression looking somewhat flustered and boyish, but when he spoke, his tone was warm, genuine, and excited.

"Here," the Merciful stated, nodding his head towards the small stone, "For you. A friendship present, maybe?"

'You're an idiot,' his subconscious berated, wondering why he'd do such a thing in the first place. They had just met, after all. Lyanna may even just enjoy his presence for awhile, like they all did, and then move on. It wouldn't be the first time. 'How will she even carry it?'

The thought didn't even matter. All Apollo was concerned with was just that he truly liked Lyanna, and he hoped that they could remain friends.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 01-31-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 02-01-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 02-01-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 02-04-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 02-04-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 02-05-2016, 02:35 PM