the Rift

[OPEN] I'm a leaf on the wind

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She appreciates his patience more than she can say. Her questions are probably obvious to anyone who’s lived in Helovia for a while, and even more so to someone like him. Yet he spends times on his answers, making sure she understands. It’s nice not to feel completely like a nuisance, to just feel like she’s in the way. She still hasn’t gotten used to feeling so useless and inadequate.

She nods as he asks, Do you understand? but doesn’t interrupt his explanation. Rather, she’s simply encouraging him to go on, letting him know she’s following his train of thought in the answer.  It does make sense. After all, she knows nothing of the Goddess of the Moon, and yet lives within the goddesses home.

“The gods are rather active here, it seems?” It’s something of a question, something of a statement. She feels reasonable confident that Helovia’s gods are ones that interact with the land’s horses. Maybe that was only the Moon Goddess, but the way he speaks of Father Earth makes her think otherwise. “I admit, I have always thought of gods as mythical beings that lived in the imagination and the sky. Until I came here, of course.”

He mentions Elsa, and admits that World’s Edge was one his home as well. She smiles a bit more, feeling almost relieved that he’s given the place some sort of stamp of approval. Not that she really doubted the kindness those in the Edge had shown her so far, but she had no reason not to trust Apollo and his guidance. “I’m glad to hear I fell into a good place.” She says with a bit of a playful grin and a slight laugh in her voice.

Apollo moves to take a drink, and then suddenly stuck his head in the water. Lyanna giggles, something of a school-girl giggle at the sight. Instantly, she feels ridiculous and childish and hopes he didn’t hear. But at the same time, it feels good to laugh like that; in the same way she might have done with her siblings before hell ripped her life apart.

He comes back up, water dripping from his face, a ruby clenched between his teeth. She can’t help but laugh again, a pleasant and pleased sort of laugh. He did look silly, but she appreciated the ruby that he drops at her feet. She picks up the ruby as his offer, clenching it between her own teeth as she twists her head back toward her wing. She tucks the ruby between her wing and her barrel, making sure it’s nestled tightly there until she can get back to the Edge and stash it somewhere safe.

“Guess I’ll need to find a chain next. I do miss my old jewelry.” She says, before becoming slightly more serious, teal eyes meeting his amber ones. “Thank you. I love it.”

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 01-31-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 02-01-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 02-01-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 02-04-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: I'm a leaf on the wind - by Apollo - 02-04-2016, 07:48 PM