the Rift

[PRIVATE] i have long dreamt of atlantis --

Shahrokh Posts: 19
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 2 years
dark
The ocean, an open expanse of churning, threatening waves that could take over even the strongest man. I knew the ocean only by description, only because mama has so vaguely spoke of its existence in this world. She paints a picture, calling it blue, sometimes green, and on the worst of days it is a muddled grey. Not even the bravest could face the ocean head on, not with the way I hear it roar out challenges to unseen foes. Not late at night, when it crashes harshly against the edges of the Throat and swallows up the shores in one foul swoop. It is a force not to be reckoned with, cold and violent as it pulls you under and swallows you up. Mama has warned me to steer clear of it, that if I stray to far the ocean will take me up in its grasp and never let me go, that I was a snack to such a mighty force. 

Today I was desperate, I had never heard mama sob so harshly into the confines of her feathered shoulder. I knew she buried her head beneath a mangled wing, failing to keep quiet heir despair at the upcoming day that she knew was inevitable. I knew nothing of her sorrows, what caused this unscheduled outburst of emotion and hideous melancholy. The scream was what made me flee, the tremor in mama's voice as she demanded I leave, aggression sinking into her words and spilling out at me with talons and teeth. I fled from her side with trembling lips and metal in my throat, gasping as tears brought themselves to milky eyes. Her hideous hatred had reared its head and I was left doubtful of her love, pushed even further from her this time. 

I knew little of where I was, simply knowing that the ocean settled nearby. It's subtle roars cause tension in my figure, ears drawing back at the sound of the mighty sea. I awkwardly put one foot in front of the other, feeling around for the familiar kiss of water at my hooves. I shuffled slowly, sniffling and trembling while my curiosity of this unexplored world pushed me to continue forward. A sharp gasp leaves me, the cold running up my leg and swallowing my hoof. A cowardly scream rips through me, that utter fear of the ocean dragging me into it's endless unknown causing me to jump back and never before seen speeds. My trembling advanced, tears swelling up, pregnant with obvious fright. I'm gasping at the all too sudden surge of power from the sea, startled at the frigid burn left by the water's terrifying touch.  "words."
Shahrokh
This is the world as I see it now
Turns out that nothing is fair
credits :: table
[Image: dark1_by_schwartze-d8al7s3.png]
and this is the world as i see it now,
turns out nothing is fair