the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Cool Air I Breathe

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

At first it seemed like December didn't know what to do once she realized that it was Isara that had called her name. Her steely gaze washed over Isa's hide as she took in everything. Even Isa could feel it and although feelings from her past simmered softly beneath her skin, that was where they stayed. The young mare had learned both with Hector and while searching for Hector that not all wingless were bad. In fact, she learned that many of them were rather...nice, is how she would try to put it. Not great because she still had to deal with her past experiences...but she supposed she would have to deal with those for the rest of her life more than likely. But they were certainly nice and she figured that December was probably one of the nice ones despite what had all happened.

As the silence passed Isara's head seemed to lower slightly and her eyes softened. Thoughts rushed through her mind as she looked onward to December, unsure of what would happen next. Would December even say anything? Would she be angry, sad, happy? Or would she be afraid as much as she was nervous? Ears pricked forwards as December's next course of action seemed to grasp Isara's attention. She...she kissed her side? Isara's head cocked slightly as she didn't quite understand what it was all about. Where she had come from there were no other foals born in the cave...just mothers that had already had their foals and they were captured together because the mothers wouldn't leave their babies. So naturally Isara didn't know how babies were made nor where they came from. Maybe one day she would learn.

Then she moved forward a step...December did and it nearly took the chocolate and cream mare by surprise. With the surprise, the feelings from her past experiences with wingless began to surge forward and take over her body. But she wouldn't allow that to happen. Not this time. Deeply Isara inhaled and then exhaled to calm herself down and force her emotions (and magic) to stay right put. Only when her voice rang out on the air did Isara stop to stare at the swollen mare and a faint smile tried to shine upon her maw as her eyes softened once more. "It has been a while hasn't it?" she softly replied back to December. How on earth was she supposed to apologize to the mare? Just go all out and be 'I'm sorry but I grew up in a cave where wingless tortured and maimed those who had wings and that's why I've acted as such in the past will you ever forgive me?'

No.

However much Isa would apologize and explain she knew ahead of time it would probably be a long road of recovery for the both of them. It would definitely take a lot of effort from both parties if this 'relationship' was ever to be fully patched.

"You've...uhh...well...I mean," Her tongue faltered as she tried to find words that possibly wouldn't offend December. Surely she didn't want to hear that she's grown too (though not quite in the same way as Isa did that's for certain) and surely she didn't want to bring up the past right away (that just has bad time written all over it). Then Isara noticed something...December had called her by name, but she didn't remember ever introducing herself to her. So she turned back to December questioningly, "How...how do you know my name?"

Words fell from her mouth, but they weren't accusatory nor were they laced with any other emotion besides confusion. Like how would someone know your name unless you said it to them...or unless someone else said it to them. But who would have done that? Surely December wasn't ever in the Throat, was she? And if she had been in the Throat then why was she there? It was supposed to be Isa's home, Isa's solace, Isa's sanctuary...which now that she thought about it she had only recently returned there and December was or is supposed to be a good wingless...but still. Just how did she know her name? Isara was curious, almost as curious as to why the grey mare had kissed her side, but perhaps the latter would have to wait until later.

"SPEECH"
NOTES; and here we go...words finally starting to come together somewhat nicely 8D @December

image credits
Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Messages In This Thread
The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 01-31-2016, 12:59 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 01-31-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 01-31-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 01-31-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-04-2016, 12:47 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 02-08-2016, 01:20 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-08-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 02-21-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-22-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 02-24-2016, 12:32 AM