the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Cool Air I Breathe

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

When she spoke there was a smile on her lips. It was perhaps the first one she had ever seen to grace her colorful complexion. Yes, it was tentative and most likely fleeting, but the mere flicker of it caused December's heart to sore. Perhaps there was a chance, a mere inkling that they could have some sort of relationship after all. She stared so intently at her, watching her every move with hope in those steel eyes that maybe there could be something after all. Then the fears came crashing in, the flashes of the past mutilating her fantasy and ripping it to shreds. Those thoughts would never become a reality, not matter how much December wanted them to. So she continued to have the internal battle of conflicted emotions, heart on her sleeve though her mind tried so hard to protect her. She was always a disaster when it came to Isara; she had made her that way, but she would try so damn hard to remove that grip from her heart. She would not be the desperate one anymore. She couldn't be, not when she had a family now.

The tears continued to violently threaten, and it took all of her willpower to keep them at bay. She was to the point of almost shaking as Isara continued, and after her first hesitation the mare couldn't help but let out a slight laugh. She had noticed her fruitful belly, but it seemed she didn't understand what it meant. Taking a soft breath she smiled softly, though her eyes were guarded, and completing one more step towards her she spoke," It seems I've grown as well. That's what happens when you are with child." She laughed again, almost bitterly in seemed, but not because she was to have a baby. It was because she had found a child long ago in the woman she saw today, and she had had her ripped away from her effortlessly. Without a second thought her hopes had been shattered and the dream of loving this girl was nothing but an illusion. That's what December had done. She had created this fantasy all of her own accord, where she and this babe who were one in the same in her mind would live happily ever after. But most stories don't have a happy ending.

The next question that left the younger mare's lips left December stumped. Had she not remembered Hector calling her that in front of her? Perhaps her mind had been so frazzled by the sight of the white lass that everything else had become background noise. So with a snort she tried to smile, tried to mask the pain and conflict she was having with every second that passed by in this happenstance meeting. With a gentle pause between the question, the lass finally spoke, and with a soft dip of her head she spoke rather matter-of-fact,"There were times I had heard Hector mention it. But he also told me what your name was when we met without your presence." 

Image Credits

@Isara

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Messages In This Thread
The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 01-31-2016, 12:59 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 01-31-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 01-31-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 01-31-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-04-2016, 12:47 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 02-08-2016, 01:20 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-08-2016, 01:36 PM