There was a time when I was alone
Nowhere to go and no place to call home
My only friend was the man in the moon
And even sometimes he would go away, too

Then one night, as I closed my eyes,
I saw a shadow flying high
He came to me with the sweetest smile
Told me he wanted to talk for awhile
He said, "Peter Pan—that's what they call me.
I promise that you'll never be lonely."
And ever since that day...

Confusion washed over Isa's thrice colored face as she listened to December speak about being a mother soon and how a baby was inside her at the moment. Just the mere idea of a baby being within somebody seemed impossible to the young lass, but watching December looking lovingly at her stomach seemed to prove otherwise. Perhaps there was a baby in there, but Isa still had to grasp the concept of how babies came about so she stared in wonderment for a little while longer until December's loving gaze turned towards herself. With December's gaze Isa's cream colored ears fell slightly - faltering as she didn't expect any sort of expression from December after what she had done - and she brought her extended neck and head back towards her body. Her confused and curious expression now switched out with a look of embarrassment, Isa didn't know what to say or how to react to how December looked at her. She had so many questions to ask...but with the way December looked at her right now she didn't know if she should. It felt...weird... to have someone look at her in such a way. Obviously, Isa wasn't used to such attention from someone (other than Hector that is) as she continued to turn her head away to break eye contact.

Then December spoke saying she didn't seem to understand what Isa was apologizing for and Isa's cerulean eyes turned towards the ground. What was she to say? What was she to do? How was she going to tell December what all she was going to apologize for? Where would she even begin? Perhaps it would be best to just apologize for the whole magic thing that happened before the flood? Perhaps it would be best just to start from the beginning and work on through the rest? Perhaps she should just say she's sorry and not explain anything and run off back to the Throat? Oh how that tempted her so. Feeling the warm sands beneath her seemed so appealing right now, but Isa knew she couldn't leave here without officially patching things up with December as least slightly and Isa had a feeling that running off would only hurt her more.

And Isa was done with hurting December.

A sigh escaped from her lungs before she began in a calm but yielding voice, "For everything," Isa's sorrowful eyes looked towards December now as she turned her head back towards the mare before hesitating on her own tidal waves of thoughts, "For in the threshold. For before the flood. For everything."

He sprinkled me in pixie dust and told me to believe
Believe in him and believe in me
Together we will fly away in a cloud of green
To your beautiful destiny
As we soared above the town that never loved me
I realized I finally had a family
Soon enough we reached Neverland
Peacefully my feet hit the sand
And ever since that day...

Tears threatened to cascade down her cheeks as her emotions were beginning to become raw as Isa started to lose composure...and with it her magic. Minute red crystals began to grow from the ground around her as she began to lose control over her emotions and her magic. Isa's eyes widened slightly as she noticed what was happening and if December listened close enough she could hear Isa mutter out the word no along with a gasp. She didn't want this to happen. Didn't want to do this again in front of December. Didn't want to lose control again. After all the training she had done while searching for Hector only to have it lost to her while confronting December and her past at the same time. What was it with December that caused such things to happen? Why was it always her?

Why?!

Don't let anything concern you to the point where you are dying spiritually. You are never alone. There will always be someone willing to help you, guide you, teach you, listen to you. All you have to do is recognize those people when they are in front of you. The words from a stallion she met outside of Helovia echoed within her mind suddenly and Isa inhaled quickly as her eyes flashed up to December.

December had always been there.

December had always wanted to help her.

December had always wanted to guide her.

Teach her.

And even now December was listening to her despite what had all happened in the past.

Just as quickly as the Zincite crystals had started growing they stopped so they remained small shards of crystals that could easily be walked over if need be. Ashamed of what happened, Isa looked away and silence rang throughout the night air as the two stood there in the meadow. That is until Isa forced herself to break it like someone throwing fine china to the floor.

"You never really stood a chance back then," her voice was soft, but audible to December, "At the threshold I mean. I..." she struggled through her muddled and chaotic thoughts but she slowly found her way through them, "I don't know what all happened then with the cave thing...but my mum," Tears started to fall down her cheeks but surprisingly her magic didn't ensue so she continued, "My mum and I...and others were kept in a cave by those without wings," Isa let that last sentence hang in the air before adding on to the story, "They took people's wings away and tortured everybody. They..." Her voice hitched for a minute as she pushed herself to continue. December had to know why things went the way they did. December had to know why Isa had acted the way she did, "They even killed mum in front of me as we all tried to escape. She's why I made it out."

Grief that she had thought she had gotten over long ago racked through her as she confided her past with December. Her body trembled under the anxiety that coursed through her. "That," her voice was shaky as she fought against the tears that seemed to now rain upon the ground, "was the first and last time I ever saw my mum."

Isa would have tried to go on right then and there but she figured she would attempt to give herself some time to compose herself and to allow December time to mull over what she had thrown out in the air. How December would react, Isa didn't know but surely she wasn't one of those radical wingless equines. That much Isa knew now and hopefully December would at least try to understand. Isa needed December to try to understand. After all, December had tried multiple times in the past to help or get to know Isa, but Isa was blind to those attempts back then. It wasn't until just now that Isa realized just how much December seemed to care about the lost and frail and scared little girl she met in the threshold oh so long ago and Isa could only dream of doing such a thing. Maybe she would one day work past her bruised, bent, and battered soul enough to do such a thing, but first she had to fix the wounds that ate her up and that all had to start with working past her own problems...and fixing up the wounds that she probably inflicted upon December due to her own mess of a life.

I am a lost boy from Neverland
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook
"Run, run, lost boy," they say to me,
"Away from all of reality."

Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free

"SPEECH"
NOTES; oh boy...o.o that got long... @December
Zincite crystals reference image
Lyrics from Lost Boy by Ruth B

IMAGE CREDITS
Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Messages In This Thread
The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 01-31-2016, 12:59 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 01-31-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 01-31-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 01-31-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-04-2016, 12:47 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 02-08-2016, 01:20 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-08-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 02-21-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-22-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 02-24-2016, 12:32 AM