the Rift

[OPEN] an elephant is born [hatching]

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova

The poisoner might've publicly scoffed at being called or thought of as materialistic by the general masses, but wasn't he? Hadn't he once worn silks spun by lush oasis' and verdant rivers? Worn gold and precious jewels that glittered so beautifully in the right light that he positively glowed like some otherworldly creature from the depths of a wandering stallions mind? Ah, he would relent with an internal sigh in those circumstances, perhaps he was a little materialistic.
However, when it came to beautiful things made of flesh and sinew, his tastes were no less fine, though he had a certain affinity with beautiful and broken things.

Sohalia intrigued him by nature, indeed. That he could not deny. The more he gazed at her, however, the more he saw a sombre, sorrowful beauty beneath those lotus petals. The waters beneath her were dark. Laced with hard lessons and the remnants of a heart long since shattered. It was the little things that gave away the inner workings, wasn't it? The sweetened smile towards strange stallions with stranger names, the chittered croon of a dear companion making contact with their beloved personally.

Maybe he had spent too long looking at broken things to know them when they tried not to be, or maybe he just saw some small, withered part of himself in the cracks, fine lines and broken pieces that hung precariously over the abyss.

"Another with an unusual name in this land, we are a rare commodity." He offered her a bemused smile, so many had such common sounding names, that the poisoner found himself physically forcing himself to not roll his eyes. That'd be in poor taste wouldn't it, they only wanted to be polite and yet there he was trying to catch his eyeballs. They were easily lost and forgotten after the face had drifted away, though, but Tembovu, Kiuaji, Sohalia — those types of names stayed in the mind, their faces etched firmly etched into memory.

Tembovu's words provoked a nod from the delicate stallion. "It is a rather marvelous sight, isn't it? Especially at night — dare I say the goddess has a rather fine taste in herd lands and kings." The jested compliment is easily slipped in, and he passed a look between Tembovu and Sohalia with a sly smirk upon his marked lips. "There is much being done and much still to do, I'm afraid, but we flourish more and more with each passing moon. You must come see it, I imagine you would look magnificent in the moonlight." He feels a strange sense of pride begin to develop for the World's Edge in his chest as he spoke, he may not have been there long, but his unfaltering loyalty to his King, their deep rooted knowledge and history made him believe he could make it great. If he didn't, Kiuaji would promptly light the fire up his ass to see it done, there would be nothing less than excellence from the shadow herd. Once more he fell quiet when Tembovu addressed whether Sohalia had a herd of her own, she hadn't mentioned it when she had given her name, so he had a niggling suspicion that she might not.

Purple eyes are drawn in by the small matriarch who had toddled forward to see Sohalia up close, his head tilted and lips twitched in a small form of amusement. "You're going to have your hands full with her, Bov." He chuckled softly, hooves readjusted themselves with his words so he could rest his weight on a slender hip. "I look forward to watching you trot after her as she all but drags you around the edge to satisfy her curiosity."

________________________________________________________________________________________

talk

Credits: Image by Littlewillow-Art @ DA
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Messages In This Thread
an elephant is born [hatching] - by Tembovu - 01-31-2016, 08:49 AM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Kiuaji - 02-01-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Sohalia - 02-07-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Tembovu - 02-09-2016, 03:17 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Kiuaji - 02-09-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Sohalia - 02-14-2016, 05:13 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Tembovu - 02-22-2016, 12:56 AM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Kiuaji - 02-22-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Sohalia - 02-26-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: an elephant is born [hatching] - by Tembovu - 03-01-2016, 11:16 PM