the Rift

Leads meet together for seasonal alliances? Seasonal rank meetings?

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
I know healers have tried meeting up before, without success, so no reason why this might do better ;-; but I /really/ think it'd be ideal for the leads who meet to discuss alliances and trades and maybe just general god knowledge? Like I've seen 3 herd seers ask the gods now about the Rift lands/gods/horses/diseases so I thought that could be something only 1 seer has to ask and the other leads could share - I mean not all the herds will always be on peaceful terms and there's room for deceit and everything, but I also think it could be a lot of fun!

I also really really would love to do various warrior-only tourneys between the herds. Even if it's not a tourney, just like 1 warrior from each herd fights and whoever wins earns a small item or something from the losing herds, or like 3rd place small item, 2nd med, 1st large :D
It could maybe be a raffle as to which warrior is chosen or a rotation or something so it's not /always/ your best vs. your best. Or just do all warriors vs all warriors, just would take a while.

[12:05:27 PM] Blu: you know what
[12:05:45 PM] Blu: why don't we do mega alliance threads where all leads meet once a season tod iscuss trade and issues and god knowledge
[12:05:51 PM] Blu: rather than all these dull individual ones :|
[12:06:25 PM] Kae: that'd be awesome, +1
[12:06:48 PM] Charks: nooo everyone should go to war
[12:06:51 PM] Charks: mass war
[12:07:07 PM] Kae: giant meeting = opportunity for epic betrayals tho
[12:07:09 PM] Blu: well I didn't say it would always go /well/ lol
[12:07:15 PM] Charks: hmm true
[12:07:21 PM] Charks: I'll allow it. Proceed.
[12:07:23 PM] Kae: MORE BETRAYAL
[12:08:44 PM] Blu: I still think it'd be fun if all the classes did this sometimes. Healer convention at HF. warrior challenges at DT arena, sneak party at AB (hide and seek?????) and crafter ho down at the edge fires
[12:08:50 PM] Blu: and then leads meet in middle neutral ground
[12:09:23 PM] Blu: but I see it being more plausible with the leads
[12:09:35 PM] Blu: or if we had the floating island back and ranks met there
[12:09:37 PM] Charks: So Thistle Meadow?
[12:09:44 PM] Charks: They could collectively build a meeting spot
[12:09:48 PM] Blu: but if warriors of all herds met for routine showing off thatd be fun
[12:09:53 PM] Charks: That's designated neutral ground
[12:09:55 PM] Blu: like HAH I HAVE THE BEST WARRIOR THIS TIME
[12:09:56 PM] Kae: what about a huge tournament
[12:09:58 PM] Blu: and they could bet resources
[12:10:02 PM] Kae: i wanta warrior tournemtn
[12:10:15 PM] Blu: I really wanna have a tourney int he DT arena :D
[12:10:22 PM] Kae: ....i want a tournament i could actually participate in
[12:10:24 PM] Kae: YES
[12:10:35 PM] Blu: I just don't see a lot of leads wanting strangers coming into their herds ;-;
[12:10:47 PM] Kae: oh cmon
[12:10:56 PM] Charks: We'd have to ferry them across in DT
[12:11:13 PM] Blu: omg everyone pile up in maren's boat
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
I love this idea. It gives me the feel of a realistic course of interactions. Made me think of the Warrior Cat books whenever all of the clans would meet. There was drama and all but it was always interesting to read.

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Yes I want herd leads meeting and I also want warrior tourney

Laine Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'10" :: 25
Laine
All of this is good. 10/10 would post.

Gwaihir grumpily delivering meeting invites. -grumble grumble glare grumble-

Blu
Yes Tier that's what I was thinking of :D They met like every full moon in that book or something in a set spot, even if the 'clans' were at war :DDDD
It also made me think of like some of the kingly/lord discussions in GOT books.

Demi gods could maybe initiate this somehow :O

ALSO what if demi gods made like land rules that trumped herd rules :O

Helovia Hard Mode

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Yeah I love the meetings idea and the Demi's could be there to sort of diffuse tensions like the Avatar.

Demi gods overruling herd leaders tho is kinda not fair :(

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
I like this idea, definitely the tourney.

I agree with Time though RE demis. And problem with demis over-ruling is they aren't all in the herds their gods belong to, or they aren't all even in herds at all. Plus I mean, they have maybe a god connection but not a political one, given that none have been elected leads in any sort of fashion? Not sure it's their place to impose herd or land rules.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
I love this idea!

Going with the GOT theme, I've always thought how awesome it would be if, to cement alliances, the herd leaders set up betrothals. Like say the Throat and Edge got a little tension-y, but neither of them wanted full-blown war. They could arrange for a member of the Throat to 'marry' a member of the Edge, basically an arranged mateship, which would serve as a solid alliance between the two as it's built on trust. We did something like this on another site and it was an amazing muse booster, especially if the two 'betroth-ees' didn't particularly like each other but had to try and get along in order to stop their herds going to war :P

It's an idea I've always had for Vol if he ever becomes king, to offer his daughters to high-powered sons of kings in order to get strong alliances. It's a gold mine of plot potential ;D

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Blu
I was thinking more like, as a role of demi gods they're supposed to bring balance and peace and etc. The gods don't make any rules, the herd make their own rules but fight and differ a lot, so in-between the demis make /realm/ rules. It would all just be IC, so betraying the demis/breaking the rules etc would need to be found out ic and be punishable by ic means. So like, a realm rule is healers cannot deny aide to anyone in need or something. Or you cannot invade during the seasonal meetings (but then someone invades anyway because tactic). It stemmed off the thinking of the warrior cat books again because they had some rules like this that each clan was supposed to follow, and wasn't regulated by any sort of god or anything.

IDK you're right the demis havent really reached positions of power yet, so maybe as future goals, but it seems like by birthright alone they ought to be considered more than just a normal horse. -shrug-

Helovia Hard Mode

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
I really like the idea of tourneys and fun stuff like that!

But I'll be the stick in the mud and say that I don't like the idea of a big leader pow-wow. :P

1. Realistically I think the threads will die. As you've mentioned Blu, the other healer/crafter/whatever threads don't really make it, and leads especially are usually busy.

2. I honestly don't see it as being realistic. I mean, most of the time we only do a 'go solidify your alliances..' for leads as a way of showing that they're active. it's just the thing they do for seasonal tasks. But honestly, where else do either animals or political groups reaffirm their alliances like this, on such a regular basis? Every season? Most seasons nothing happens, and so I think the reason why most threads are so boring, is because there's nothing to reaffirm or talk about.

I'd be happy with this being a yearly thing ...or like ... if something significant happens (rift wars, invasion, etc), or when there's a completely new set of leads (like the Edge). But then again ... I mean ... why? Picture like GOT or LOTR or things like that, it takes A LOT to get the high-ups from all of the houses/clans/species/whatever together. If all 8 leads get together it should be for something big, not just like a, "Sup, we're still good? Great." 

I also don't really want everyone to just be hand-holdy all the time and constantly on good terms. I'm not saying I want invasions and fighting, but a constant peace isn't actually something that I would find very interesting.

Blu
Well it wouldn't have to be all the leads, or every season, but someone from each herd just getting together to reaffirm alliances and trades like everyone already does but on an individual scale. Just do it all at once instead of each herd posting singularly to each other - the mega thread would at least be more interesting because you would have more interactions happening and some people who aren't allied, so I still think there's plenty of potential for non-peace to occur because of it.

-shrug-

Helovia Hard Mode

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
I think it would be interesting, in particular, to do it soon or in the wake of the invasion last year/couple months ago.

Elsa personally has no idea what is going on with the other herds really, and I think just having a meeting face to face would be good to possibly do something like a "bigger alliance" or trading so on and so forth. And with what Blu said about the drama in mega thread would be quite interesting. Just because then it gives characters a chance to cross paths with ones they wouldn't normally do.

I just see a lot of chances for inter-herd interactions and stuff. It would give an interesting plot line and reasons for characters to cross paths if that makes sense. :3
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

smitty the swift Posts: 22
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 1 :: 1
I also really like this idea! :D Making it an every other season or annually would probably help with the potential 'routine-ness' of it and prevent it from adding too much to busy leads' plates.

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy
Eldala would be very down for helping with the crafter hippie hodown =)