the Rift

[OPEN] A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming]

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah
Elspeth
My wariness about the sentinels must have been plain on my face (a regrettable habit of mine) or perhaps Calder had an uncanny ability to read minds.  Just as I was thinking about how I didn’t like the look of those giant metal horses he was whispering to me to not mind them and I laughed quietly at the mention of using them as a landmark in the snow. “Good to know. Have you gotten lost often?” The corner of my mouth twitched as I teased him. After having travelled across Helovia with this pair, I had started to feel at ease around them. Not enough to say that I absolutely trusted them, but we had got here without incident, had we not?

Just then, we’re approached by someone and my head whipped toward the sound of someone approaching. The laughter and twist of a smile from a few moments ago disappeared and I take a few steps backward as I watch this new mare approach.

“Holy shit.” The exclamation was made under my breath but probably not quiet enough to escape everyone’s notice. But she was golden! Beautiful, as Zandora was - in an otherworldly sort of way, and I wondered if this Helovia, the Basin, was populated by fairies. We had heard stories of such lands but they were surrounded by mystery - herds of brightly coloured horses that would snatch away pretty mares, that would leave their babes in place of stolen foals.

Not for the first (or last) time, I wondered where I had found myself. I quickly adverted my golden eyes from Rexanna so that I wasn’t staring so blatantly at her. I hoped only Calder heard my words, since he was the closest too me, and felt a rush of embarrassment that this was how I was greeting someone that could very well be one of the leaders that Zandora had mentioned would come greet us.

Praying that Rexanna hadn’t heard I quickly step forward and offer her the best smile I could despite how utterly strange this day had been. “My name’s Elspeth, Zandora and Calder here were kind enough to offer the Basin as a…” I stumbled on the word home because I wasn’t ready to believe that could be possible. I wasn’t sure whether this place could be that for me. “I’m new to Helovia and they welcomed me.” I finished, somewhat awkwardly, uncertain of how to go about this entire exchange. Did we need to ask permission to enter? I look over to my companions, hoping they would know how to take it from here.  
give me the sun that shone
Image Credit
table by Sevin

Messages In This Thread
A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Elspeth - 01-31-2016, 10:53 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Zandora - 02-03-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Calder - 02-06-2016, 01:29 AM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Rexanna - 02-06-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Elspeth - 02-06-2016, 02:52 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Rexanna - 02-20-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Elspeth - 02-20-2016, 09:37 PM
RE: A Peaceful Refuge [welcoming] - by Rexanna - 02-21-2016, 04:59 AM