the Rift

Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman]

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

For a moment Ricochet feared she might go under as he watched her flailing about. He hoped desperately his dog was not one to blame. The mutt was liable to drown anything with its paddling paws out there, seemingly oblivious to the air requirements of others.

There'd be no need for slow motion running down the beach today however, both mare and dog arose safely from the surf. While Rowan was busying her tongue the collie took the opportunity to roll in the sand, thoroughly dirtying himself, though it seemed to give him an unearthly euphoria.
Ricochet ignored him.

The mare's tones were a stuttering lapse that had Ricochet furrowing his 'brow. He'd assumed she would have been a very hardy mare; he couldn't imagine a delicate one swimming in this season. Yet if she had an inner strength it seemed gone now, swallowed by her nerves and apprehension. That it was over their gender escaped the stallion who'd only ever viewed mares as naturally weaker and all stallions as inevitable opponents. It was a pity though, he thought. He'd been hoping for one with a bit more stuff to her.

Maybe he'd get to see more of the Rowan that would brave the seas once she settled.

"I'm Ricochet, the Incendiary," he began after Sandman had spoken his name. He was nearly cut short however as the collie came loping over and centered himself between the three horses. With tongue lolling, plastered in sand Ricochet noticed with a disgust that had him rasping his own tongue on the back of his teeth, Guns proceeded to shake. Grime and water alike flung in every direction, stirring an outraged protest from Ricochet as he tried to fling his head away from the splash zone.

"GUNS" he hollered, effectively introducing his companion. The scoundrel seemed appeased and trotted off down the length of the beach, nose pressed to the sand.

Teal eyes sheepishly looked between the pair, Ricochet feeling like a young colt guilty of some crime again. "Sorry," he mumbled, tail flicking over his rump in an anxious twitch. Sandman managed to change topic however, something Ricochet was grateful for, at least until it was turned upon him.

"I got the wandering itch, " Ricochet confessed, it being as much of a truth as anything else. That he was hoping to escape the unbearable existence of his home that was overrun with unicorn and pegasus was not a topic he wanted to delve into, at least, not so early. "I come from the Windtossed Foothills herd, but a beach like this reminds me of an older home I knew." Ricochet let his gaze wander as his voice trailed away.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Ricochet - 10-14-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-14-2012, 02:17 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-18-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-30-2012, 06:18 PM