the Rift

Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman]

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
There's something I'm not revealing...

The mare’s words were strange, not something many would say. Who found it easy to simply push pain away besides warriors? Then again, perhaps the small lady was indeed a fighter. True, she didn’t look the part, but Sandman knew all too well how deceiving appearances could be. Ricochet’s pet briefly interrupted them then, deciding to shake the water from his coat while standing in the middle of their group. The dog’s antics barely phased the draft beast, his only reaction being to angle his skull away from the flying water. He was tall enough that most of it splattered against his chest, leaving neck and head dry besides a few stray droplets. Might as well get used to it, since he would soon be requesting a canine companion of his own, though he wished for a coyote instead of their more domestic relatives.

He merely listened for a time after starting the discussion again, content to stand back and listen while the other two spoke. Both belonged to herds it would seem, though Ricochet must have been wandering for a while, as Sandman couldn’t detect the scent of any others on his coat. Well, he could relate to that, having never been comfortable staying in one place either. Rowen seemed more the herd type to him, though she confessed her discomfort with the unicorns and pegasi who roamed this land. The chestnut had only met his first unicorn a few days ago, though he had left the creature scrambling to survive after inadvertently galloping out onto a thin sheet of ice and breaking the fragile barrier between himself and water cold enough to kill.

A query pulled him from his reverie, Rowen asking if he belonged to a herd as well. Massive skull shook slightly in a negative, a rueful expression on his face. “I’m afraid I’ve never gotten along well with authority figures. I find the path of the outcast to be much more to my liking, though it can get lonely from time to time. I’d rather be alone than following orders from a leader I hardly know and have no reason to respect.” Another moment of silence followed before the femme spoke again, apologizing if she came off wrong. “Not to worry dear, you’re doing wonderfully.” He lightly nudged her shoulder in reassurance.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-14-2012, 02:17 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-18-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-30-2012, 06:18 PM