the Rift

Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman]

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
There's something I'm not revealing...

“And if you should know and respect the lead?” The words themselves were innocent enough, but the tone of the colt’s voice gave it another meaning. Ricochet was not just curious, but rather was seeking something, hoping for a certain answer. Sandman’s opinion of the young dunskin rose slightly, appreciating the subtle approach. He reminded the draft steed of Guenhwyvar, a Friesian stallion that had been his travelling companion for several years. Guen had also been a lord of suggestion, of saying one thing and meaning another. Dark eyes regarded the other stag for a moment before he replied, carefully keeping his answer neutral. “If I found someone worth following, I’m certain I could make myself useful.” What are you thinking, colt? What cause do you wish me to join? He would keep his guard up around this one. If more information was offered, if Sandman found the plot to be amusing enough, then maybe Ricochet could gain an ally.

Rowan was speaking again, and Sandman once again directed his attention to the small mare. Her praise pleased him, and the smile she gave him told the stallion that he was earning her trust and perhaps even her affections. He ducked his head in a modest way, not wanting to appear too proud. “It’s nothing really. I’ve found in most cases that if you treat others right, they’ll treat you the same way. Just don’t give them any reason to attack you.” Her muzzle drifted over his, another signal that perhaps the mare herself was unaware of. But the beast knew, and immediately began processing information, wondering just what to do with this sweet fae if he could gain her complete trust. If he could make her care about him.

A query from Ricochet distracted her, asking if her former lands had lacked stallions. It was a silly question, but Sandman found himself wondering as well. How else would she have so little experience with males? Words flowed from the femme, a condensed version of her life, and he listened attentively, storing away the information. It was somewhat similar to his own, at first anyway, and he wondered if he could use that later to strengthen her feelings for him.

“That must have been difficult for you, never being able to settle with a herd and make friends.” Voice was sympathetic, eyes focused on Rowan, but slightly more attention was actually turned towards Ricochet. The dunskin had been quiet, and Sandman was still intrigued by whatever it was that the steed had hinted at earlier. It didn’t seem like he wanted to announce his plans, not yet anyway, but the draft knew how to wait. Once they had spoken more perhaps he would feel comfortable enough to reveal his intentions.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-14-2012, 02:17 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-18-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: Ignore the Cold, It's Just a Feeling [Sandman] - by Sandman - 10-30-2012, 06:18 PM